Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POCO X3 NFC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

glenq wrote: »
    Any issues with 4g? Want to pull the trigger on the POCO X3, but wanna make sure it'll work with 4g on GOMO.
    Been searching around, but can't find anything.

4g grand on gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Gomo also working fine for me on my Poco X3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

For about a week now I'm not getting any mobile data on my phone, I got in touch with 48 and they said it might be an issue with the sim but more than likely it's the phone. I tried a spare 48 sim in the phone and again no data, but calls and texts are working fine.
    Has this been happening to anyone else lately or would anyone know how to solve this problem please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ooter wrote: »
    For about a week now I'm not getting any mobile data on my phone, I got in touch with 48 and they said it might be an issue with the sim but more than likely it's the phone. I tried a spare 48 sim in the phone and again no data, but calls and texts are working fine.
    Has this been happening to anyone else lately or would anyone know how to solve this problem please?

Have you checked the APN settings are there and are enabled? Could you get a lend of a sim from another network to try in the phone? If all else fails and to rule it out being a software issue you could do a full backup and reset the phone. It could take an hour but it would rule out a lot.

Also have you tried either of the 48 sims in another phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

ooter wrote: »

Hi there, I had this problem on my old MiA1 when I first signed up to 48 and last week when I had to do a reset on bluetooth and network settings on the same phone. The first time it happened I got through to a very helpful webchat assistant who talked me through the steps I needed to take to set up the APN (I think) in the phone. Once I followed the instructions correctly I had the data up and running.

Last week I looked up the website and there's a section in support that deals with this problem. It has the same details that were explained to me in the webchat previously. This is the link to the page;

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Data-APN-Settings-i-e-Internet-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/53106

I hope this works for you. Other than this problem, how are you finding the Poco? That old A1 of mine is beginning to creak at the seams after over three years hardship and I was thinking of going to the Poco or maybe the Redmi Note 9t or one of the Realme phones of similar price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Hi there, I had this problem on my old MiA1 when I first signed up to 48 and last week when I had to do a reset on bluetooth and network settings on the same phone. The first time it happened I got through to a very helpful webchat assistant who talked me through the steps I needed to take to set up the APN (I think) in the phone. Once I followed the instructions correctly I had the data up and running.

Last week I looked up the website and there's a section in support that deals with this problem. It has the same details that were explained to me in the webchat previously. This is the link to the page;

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Data-APN-Settings-i-e-Internet-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/53106

I hope this works for you. Other than this problem, how are you finding the Poco? That old A1 of mine is beginning to creak at the seams after over three years hardship and I was thinking of going to the Poco or maybe the Redmi Note 9t or one of the Realme phones of similar price.

I'm really happy with my 128gb X3 - great battery life, very fast charging and lots of great features as well as the dual SIM and big screen.
    Do make sure to remove all the ads though if you get it, definitely worthwhile!
    I think it's a bargain for the price I paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I'm really happy with my 128gb X3 - great battery life, very fast charging and lots of great features as well as the dual SIM and big screen.
    Do make sure to remove all the ads though if you get it, definitely worthwhile!
    I think it's a bargain for the price I paid!

Thanks for that. It's available on amazon.de at the moment for something just under €220 delivered. Seems like good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

I've had this phone now for about a week and love it - replacing the Xiaomi Note 5. Very fast and not too heavy. Using it with the included Silicon case which makes it very comfortable. Camera is excellent and gaming very smooth. Battery life is massive, I get about 2 days with moderate use (browsing discord. Some gaming). Fast charging. MIUI 12 is an improvement over 11. Took a bit to fine tune battery settings for the various apps. Overall an excellent phone. Got it from Amazon. De for about 240 all in. Ariived in exactly 1 week from order.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Anyone elses Poco randomly vibrating? No alarms set. It seems totally random. Prefer not to reset it. Have very few apps installed. Cannot figure it out and it's getting annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

DopeTech wrote: »

Also have you tried either of the 48 sims in another phone?
    Yeah they advised me on a live chat to try the SIM in another phone, I tried both in another phone and still the same issue.
    Bahanaman wrote: »

I went through all of the APN settings with them, I haven't checked the settings in that link but I'd imagine they're the same.
    I'm still having the same issue when I'm at home but what I've noticed is that when I'm outdoors the mobile data works on my phone so it's obviously a signal issue when I'm indoors. Why I don't know, for months mobile data worked fine at home and then all of a sudden it stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

If anyone has gotten this from amazon.de, I assume it comes with a European charger?

Is there a UK / Irish charger you'd recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

Rega wrote: »
    If anyone has gotten this from amazon.de, I assume it comes with a European charger?

Is there a UK / Irish charger you'd recommend?

My wife got one from Amazon.de. It only arrived yesterday and had the European charger. She just plugged the cable into a regular Charing plug and it was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Lujan wrote: »
    My wife got one from Amazon.de. It only arrived yesterday and had the European charger. She just plugged the cable into a regular Charing plug and it was fine

Thank you!

Yea amzon.de stuff comes with EU plugs. I always have some adapters lying around, the supplied charger is a fast one and charges the phone in about 90 minutes IRRC. Of course you can use your usual charger/USB plug - it just takes longer to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Couple of things that I haven't figured out yet that hopefully sometime might be able to help me with.

How to take a screenshot, I know I can scroll the notification down but it's there another way?

Also when I get into my car my old phone would automatically unlock as my car was a known/safe connection, can I set my car to be a safe connection with the Poco?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

wilser wrote: »
    Couple of things that I haven't figured out yet that hopefully sometime might be able to help me with.

How to take a screenshot, I know I can scroll the notification down but it's there another way?

Also when I get into my car my old phone would automatically unlock as my car was a known/safe connection, can I set my car to be a safe connection with the Poco?
    Don't know about Bluetooth query but to take a screen shot, swipe down on the screen with 3 fingers. If that doesn't work, go to settings, search and type screenshot, half way down the list select "take a screenshot" and select the shortcut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

My phone seems to have developed a glitch of late. Effectively it'll be working fine and then all of a sudden start jumping through screens / apps etc rapidly. They only thing I can do to stop it is hold down the power button.

I've tried googling but the only bug I can find relates to the colour tone.

Any one else have any issues?

Just use the supplied charger with an adapter, no problem. And bought a USB C type cable for my normal charger plug for the slow option xD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just bought this phone and I'm having a problem with texts not coming through. So for example I have some apps which need verification through a code received by text and I haven't been getting the texts.

Any idea whats causing this? I think I had a similar problem with my last Xiaomi phone too.

I'm on Three by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Received this phone on Saturday changed from the redmi note 8 pro.
    Nice solid phone, have installed nova launcher on it and will have a look at other recommend changed to do with it.

• Advertisement

Received this phone on Saturday changed from the redmi note 8 pro.
    Nice solid phone, have installed nova launcher on it and will have a look at other recommend changed to do with it.

First thing is youtube how to stop the ads https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gYYa_4PdlIY

Colemania wrote: »
    Just bought this phone and I'm having a problem with texts not coming through. So for example I have some apps which need verification through a code received by text and I haven't been getting the texts.

Any idea whats causing this? I think I had a similar problem with my last Xiaomi phone too.

I'm on Three by the way
    Are you using stock message app? Could be a spam filter. Download android messages, that's what I'm using with no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

swampy353 wrote: »
    Are you using stock message app? Could be a spam filter. Download android messages, that's what I'm using with no problems

It was an issue with the sim card. Still works fine in my old phone but I got a replacement SIM and all messages coming through fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Has android 11 update messed up anyone's phone ? My phone is buggy as hell since updating.. 4G keeps dropping back down alot to H+. FB messenger floating windows isn't displaying properly. Glitches on top of my screen where messenger contact display photos are getting stuck there for some reason and need reboot to get rid of them. Bluetooth is glitchy. Browsing the web somtimes the browser minimizes by itself. Pretty reliable phone with all previous updates until this one came along...

Factory resetting is drastic option for me, dunno if it would makes a difference since I'm reading online alot of X3 owners have had issues with Android 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Has android 11 update messed up anyone's phone ? My phone is buggy as hell since updating.. 4G keeps dropping back down alot to H+. FB messenger floating windows isn't displaying properly. Glitches on top of my screen where messenger contact display photos are getting stuck there for some reason and need reboot to get rid of them. Bluetooth is glitchy. Browsing the web somtimes the browser minimizes by itself. Pretty reliable phone with all previous updates until this one came along...

Factory resetting is drastic option for me, dunno if it would makes a difference since I'm reading online alot of X3 owners have had issues with Android 11.

I only got the update yesterday, but no issues to date. in fact, it appears to have addressed some of the bugs i had previously - early days yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

Mine updated to Android 11 yesterday and everything seems to be running smoothly, so far anyway

Mine updated to MiUI 12 / Android 11 a few weeks ago IRC. No issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Did anyone consider the x3 PRO over the x3 NFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

Hi,
    Would anyone know how to set up voicemail on. This phone,when I press number 1 key it just says voice mail not setup and to go settings but don't see option for adding voicemail
    Thanks

• Advertisement

inthehole1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Would anyone know how to set up voicemail on. This phone,when I press number 1 key it just says voice mail not setup and to go settings but don't see option for adding voicemail
    Thanks

Assuming you are using Google phone, go into your dialer, click on the three dots on the top right hand side, Settings and then voicemail. All settings should be available there to change

Advertisement