Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Got the dispatch email, not showing up on the an post site though, maybe later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Ordered on the 20th - Blue phone, no dispatch email and order status says out of stock...

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Ordered on the 20th - Blue phone, no dispatch email and order status says out of stock...

Ordered same date, same colour, and An Post tracking says that it's in transit at Dublin parcel hub.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Ordered same date, same colour, and An Post tracking says that it's in transit at Dublin parcel hub.

Luck of the draw it seems... Unless mine turns up tomorrow anyway, I'm doubtful now though.

Edit: just got the dispatch email and an post delivery status saying item has been accepted so seems I may actually receive it tomorrow :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 positivecarry

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Black. Well if I don't get it tomorrow I'll be asking for my money back that day or a phone from the shop stock in Limerick. Its bollox if I don't get tomorrow.

I have had no e-mail off three, not able to access the website, no info on nightline shipping, I typed my order reference into An Post tracking and it says Item is in transit from the Dublin parcel hub. Maybe if you guys check an post before the post usually comes you might get lucky, just wondering as well, does in transit mean it will be delivered to me tomorrow considering I'm in North Kildare, about 15-20 mins from there, usually get my post around 9-10?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Got a text around 8 saying mine was out for delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Mine has been delivered to my job just waiting on the work posts office to email me to pick it up, hope to **** its unlocked

Phone arrived from 3 about an hour ago, unlocked !

Beautiful screen, coming from s7 edge.

I had wrongly assumed it would be dual sim but that doesn't seem to be a thing here.

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Phone arrived from 3 about an hour ago, unlocked !

Beautiful screen, coming from s7 edge.

I had wrongly assumed it would be dual sim but that doesn't seem to be a thing here.

Carriers aren't going to sell you a dual SIM device. Hardly in their best interests.

Just got home to discover my Note delivered, even though the An Post site doesn't even show as out for delivery. Also had a case and screen protectors arrive this morning. Perfect timing.

• Advertisement

Aw yes unlocked, still waiting on mine but that is such good news. Does that mean there's no bloat 3 **** on it?

Aw yes unlocked, still waiting on mine but that is such good news. Does that mean there's no bloat 3 **** on it?

3 never have bloat? A 3 splash screen is about all you get. They don't add rubbish like Vodafone do.

3 never have bloat? A 3 splash screen is about all you get. They don't add rubbish like Vodafone do.

I had loads of three stuff on my s7e!

Never seen vodafone bloat but I'd prefer absolutely nothing above stock.

Not american phone levels of bloaty ****ware but I still had a good few things preloaded on that I got rid of to match a stock phone, even in package disabler now I'll see a few three rewards type things I disabled day one

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Guys, I'm on the 3 website, and it still seems that it's possible to buy the phone for €799. It's the Blue variant on 3Pay and it says it's €949, but when I check out it says that it's full price €799?

I had loads of three stuff on my s7e!

Never seen vodafone bloat but I'd prefer absolutely nothing above stock.

Not american phone levels of bloaty ****ware but I still had a good few things preloaded on that I got rid of to match a stock phone, even in package disabler now I'll see a few three rewards type things I disabled day one

I don't think any of the 3 apps are system apps, you can just uninstall them. Right now my device only has two 3 apps, and I'm pretty sure that's because I restored them from Google Play.

Mine just arrived, and I have to go do a few things so will have to wait till later to use it boo

It's not going to do anything like lock to the first type of sim that is put in it? I'm going to swap over to vodafone in a little while

Blue version looks lovely and result it's unlocked 😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Had a play around with one this morning and it's a beautiful device. Not much of an update to my S9+ but looks a lot nicer. The new S Pen looked and felt great and it's the one thing I missed for the last 2 years since my Note 4 developed the dreaded MMC error that plagued so many of them.

Had to laugh though when the Samsung sales person tried to convince me that the DEX feature could replace a computer, I'm not sure it's there just yet but it can't be too far away given the yearly processing power and RAM upgrades.

Not sure if I'm gonna jump on board and use my upgrade to get one when the S9+ is working really well for me and spec wise is almost identical.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Jealous of some of you.

Was told mine will be 2 weeks more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Which model did you order? Can’t for the life of me understand how big companies can make such a mess of something so straightforward. They must know what stock they have and what order the sales came in at so simply allocate the stock to each customer until none left and then show phones out of stock. It’s fairly basic online shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Have an S8+, this looks like a worthy upgrade contender

Been glued to it all day now. So good, never had an S-pen before, really not like needing to zoom on websites to navigate. no three Splash screen... :) Wrote this post with handwriting recognition. very good.

It's very snappy too, extremely smooth, very pleased so far with it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,375 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I'm no liar! I go to the USA and UK a lot and there's a huge difference! You have triple CA set ups more bands and most Vodafone's masts are 4g in the UK. I see you're from Dublin, sure take a spin down the country and report back :rolleyes:

Eh, i live in Wicklow but yea your right theres no investment in the infrastructure in this country.

:rolleyes:

Go into Vibration pattern... unreal compared to S7 Edge. So much cool stuff with this phone

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Which model did you order? Can’t for the life of me understand how big companies can make such a mess of something so straightforward. They must know what stock they have and what order the sales came in at so simply allocate the stock to each customer until none left and then show phones out of stock. It’s fairly basic online shopping.

Blue 512GB. There is every possibility Samsung sent all the stock to a diff market or are throttling supply to increase demand.

ChopShop wrote: »
    Blue 512GB. There is every possibility Samsung sent all the stock to a diff market or are throttling supply to increase demand.

I'd say there's just little demand for the 8gb/512gb model. Often you have to wait for the higher spec variant.

Had one update with August security patches and something to do with super slow mo. Same for everyone else?

• Advertisement

Had one update with August security patches and something to do with super slow mo. Same for everyone else?

Yep they added two lengths for the slomo 0.2s and 0.5.they were already there on the s9+ etc but were missing on note I think.

The slomo is cool

Advertisement