Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

Redmi note 9 pro for 240 or Oneplus 6t for 320?

I keep breaking phones at the moment so was trying to stay under 300...

Suppose I should start using cases too..,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Redmi note 9 pro for 240 or Oneplus 6t for 320?

I keep breaking phones at the moment so was trying to stay under 300...

Suppose I should start using cases too..,

i would go for poco f2 pro for 25 euro more that the oneplus 6T

bassy wrote: »
    i would go for poco f2 pro for 25 euro more that the oneplus 6T

Is a lot of that price for 5g which I don't really care about?

Edit : I can see it's not. Thanks for the recommendation and I will consider

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I just got a 9 Pro today.
    It's to replace my 9S, which is a great phone.

Can't fault them really :)

Has anyone availed of a warranty with a Chinese phone?

I tried to return a refurbished Samsung but an post wouldn't carry it and couriers made it not worth my while.

I haven't had bad luck with Chinese phones to date but you never know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Redmi Note 8T yay or nay? Looking to spend around the 180 to 200 max. This seems like a good bet.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Redmi Note 8T yay or nay? Looking to spend around the 180 to 200 max. This seems like a good bet.
    Good phone and price. Two others that also might be worth looking at are the Mi Note 9S or the Realme 6 which also may or may not drop in price on monday for amazon prime day.
    Pretty even, but maybe the realme..

Suckit wrote: »
    Good phone and price. Two others that also might be worth looking at are the Mi Note 9S or the Realme 6 which also may or may not drop in price on monday for amazon prime day.
    Pretty even, but maybe the realme..

Thanks, I'll hang on and see. Not in a hurry, it's for my daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I just got a 9 Pro today.
    It's to replace my 9S, which is a great phone.

Can't fault them really :)

Couldn’t be that great of a phone if it lasted less than 6 months.....

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

My son got the redmi note 9 pro. But we can't seem to figure out how to stop apps adding to the home screen when they are downloaded. Can't see an option in the Google play store. Any help would be great.

• Advertisement

mr170 wrote: »
    My son got the redmi note 9 pro. But we can't seem to figure out how to stop apps adding to the home screen when they are downloaded. Can't see an option in the Google play store. Any help would be great.

I don't have that phone but on mine I long press the home screen (like when you're adding widgets) and bottom right has preferences button, click that then there's an option to add apps to home screen, just turn that off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

If you are running stock MIUI then you cant disable it as there is no app drawer so they need to go on your home screen, try using Nova launcher instead it will give you a app drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

wiz569 wrote: »
    If you are running stock MIUI then you cant disable it as there is no app drawer so they need to go on your home screen, try using Nova launcher instead it will give you a app drawer.

There is an app draw with Miui 11 and it's enabled. I just can't see an option to stop apps downloading to the home screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

There is an app draw with Miui 11 and it's enabled. I just can't see an option to stop apps downloading to the home screen

Ah OK sorry did not know that, haven't used MIUI in a few years, had a look in play store settings and its not in there so I'm stumped tbh.I use Microsoft launcher and there is a setting in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Try this

Touch your home screen to bring up Wallpaper, Widgets and Settings.

Select settings

Then select More

Select Home screen.
    There are two radio button options now, App Drawer or Regular

See if selecting App Drawer will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

Touch and hold the app icon without launching the app. Then slide it it off your home screen to another area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

On the main home screen, hold a blank area of the screen - click home settings (beside widgets / wallpaper, hopefully its the same on this device) - there's an option to toggle on/off '' Auto add new apps icons to home screen'')

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Akrasia wrote: »
    Couldn’t be that great of a phone if it lasted less than 6 months.....

The 9S is a great phone, it's just missing NFC.
    I'm swapping it out for the 9 Pro, which has NFC.
    If you didn't use it, there'd be no reason I wouldn't recommend the 9S to you.
    If you do use it, I'd recommend the 9 Pro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Hi has anyone looked at the Oppo X2 ? Any thoughts
    https://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_find_x2_lite-10176.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Daughter getting a phone for Christmas this year. Was going to go for the Redmi Note 8t from Amazon for £172 unless someone could tell me a more suitable phone for less than €200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

batman2000 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone looked at the Oppo X2 ? Any thoughts
    https://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_find_x2_lite-10176.php

I got a Reno 2. Very happy with it. Excellent value and battery is excellent also.

Daughter getting a phone for Christmas this year. Was going to go for the Redmi Note 8t from Amazon for £172 unless someone could tell me a more suitable phone for less than €200.

I'm using a Redmi 9. The 8t doesn't have NFC. Compare both phones specs on Gsmarena phone finder.

It's on Amazon.es for €139. Check how much delivery costs. There are Parental controls if that's a concern.
    https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/Redmi%209

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm using a Redmi 9. The 8t doesn't have NFC

It's on Amazon.es for €139 Inc delivery. There are Parental controls if that's a concern.
    https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/Redmi%209

8T does indeed have NFC. £172 would be expensive for it though. Should be available for ~€150

fixXxer wrote: »
    8T does indeed have NFC. £172 would be expensive for it though. Should be available for ~€150

Apologies.

I was trying to remember what made me choose the Redmi 9 over it, it's a while since I compared them. Redmi 9 has larger battery and cheaper.

Comparison of specs below

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9946&idPhone2=10233

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Great, thanks Fix and Stock, will go with the 9 from Spain, delivery is €8 so all in for less than €150.

Appreciate the help

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Any European warehouses stocking Xiaomi phones for under 200 quid these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Any European warehouses stocking Xiaomi phones for under 200 quid these days?

Not sure if they are European based but check out edwaybuy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Poco launcher is worth a look too. I like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Delivery less than 48 hours from honorbuy. Very impressed with them and fedex

Advertisement