Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Very Strange Monitor Wake - Sleep -> Wake loop

• 11-10-2020 9:20pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Over the past couple of days the set-up of my computer has started to have issues when putting monitors to sleep and seems to then enter a bit of a loop unless a human moves a mouse and interrupts it.

The monitors are an LG 27UL600 4K IPS (primary display) via DisplayPort 1.4 and a HP 24es Full HD IPS via HDMI to a Geforce GTX1060 6GB.

I have my monitors set up to go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity, and that does work really well and they don't go to sleep before this and go to sleep when it hits the 10 seconds mark.

The problem is a loop then starts. Both screens go to sleep, then about 5 seconds after they both say they are going to sleep and they show as asleep, they wake up immediately and then about 30 seconds after coming back on, they then go to sleep and the cycle repeats with a never ending cycle of sleeping and waking every 30 seconds.

If you were to interact with the computer then it would break the cycle until the machine is left alone for 10 minutes and then the cycle will start to begin again. which suggests something isn't waking the monitors, because wake events break the loop and when the loop happens their are no wake events.

Has anyone see this odd behaviour before?

Advertisement