Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 5

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

GavRedKing wrote: »

Herself has pre-ordered this for me and only just found out its being delayed. :o

Hang on to her...........she's a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Far Cry 3 Classic edition free with Season Pass with 4 week early access
    Season Pass details
    The Far Cry 5 Season Pass includes access to three new expansions.

In Dead Living Zombies, you’ll struggle to survive in a zombie-infested wasteland, facing off against hordes of the undead. In Hours of Darkness, you’ll trade gunfire with Vietcong fighters in Vietnam, while Lost on Mars takes you to the titular red planet to test your mettle against Martian arachnids.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/02/02/far-cry-5s-season-pass-detailed-fight-across-vietnam-mars-and-play-far-cry-3-classic-edition/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,617 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I cant tell if I'm looking forward to it or not. I first played a Far Cry 3 on the PC and really liked it. Wasnt a fan of 4 or Primal though.

I had a great time playing FC3. FC4 is a beautiful looking game, but I thought it was let down by boring and forgettable characters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sorry but I still prefer FC2 over FC3; at least it's story made a bit of sense beyond "I'm now a stoned up serial killer murdering my friends"; could not be bothered after FC3 with anything more. They are all copy and past of FC2 with new skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll probably pick this up, as I loved 2 and 3, Blood Dragon was amazing, and then 4 and Primal felt too much of the same. Nothing new. Hopefully this will solve that problem.

I'm also thinking Ubisoft is testing the waters with the DLC. One with Zombies, one with Aliens and one set in a classic war. I reckon whichever one of these is the most popular will be the setting for a future game, not necessarily in the Far Cry series.

• Advertisement

If anybody is interested, Smyth’s have the gold edition which includes the season pass for €69.99. Gold edition is €89.99 on psn so definitely a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,468 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

EDIT: didn't see Eoin's post about FC3 included with season pass.

FC3 was absolutely great fun. 4 bored me and only made it half way through.

Smyths also have 5 euro off when you buy online and collect instore so the gold edition is only 65 that way which is a bit mad.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/far-cry-5-gold-edition-ps4/p/165255

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I've played all the farcry games besides primal so I'll probably pick this up although I'll wait for a price drop.

I really enjoyed them all but it's fair to say that the first one is a little bit dated looking these days. The second made some brave decisions but I didn't like how baddies respawned or how they could see you through long grass when you couldn't see them.

The third one was excellent - there's a thread here from a few years ago where reactions are pretty much universally positive. I enjoyed 4 as well but it was basically FC3 in a different environment with less interesting characters. If they don't mess too much with the formula (open world, towers, baddie bases, vehicles, wildlife, weapon variety etc), the fifth should be pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The Smyths price is great value, its £59 on Amazon currently for the Gold edition, factoring in the delivery charge and time, you'll end up paying closer to €70, if not more from Amazon.

Tempted to tell herself cancel the pre-order on Amazon, although I dont have much time to play it with work at the moment. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Primal is my least favorite , although graphically it was beautiful.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Primal is good craic. It makes a nice change to having guns. Far Cry 2 was my least favourite of the series. That Smyths price for Far Cry 5 Gold Edition though is too good to ignore.

I love the sound of finding info and interest points on your map from actually exploring the world, talking to people and looking at signs. The classic muscle cars look class, hopefully you can customise them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Might pick this up on release haven't played a far cry game since Far Cry 4 and I need something else to play besides fortnite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I hope it sounds better than in that video. The guns sounded very fake...

I really enjoyed them all but it's fair to say that the first one is a little bit dated looking these days. The second made some brave decisions but I didn't like how baddies respawned or how they could see you through long grass when you couldn't see them.

I'm playing the first one at the moment and it's great fun. I like the storyline, characters and location in it.

I wasn't a fan of the roadblocks in the second one. You kill the enemies at a checkpoint, then they re-appear when you visit the same one again. Still a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm playing the first one at the moment and it's great fun. I like the storyline, characters and location in it.

I wasn't a fan of the roadblocks in the second one. You kill the enemies at a checkpoint, then they re-appear when you visit the same one again. Still a good game.

That was the most annoying feature. It's never a good sign in an action game, that you prefer to travel by bus rather than a jeep.

Still setting wise was one of my favorite. The different environments were great, as well as the bush war backdrop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,041 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That was the most annoying feature. It's never a good sign in an action game, that you prefer to travel by bus rather than a jeep.

Still setting wise was one of my favorite. The different environments were great, as well as the bush war backdrop.

The setting could have been executed better. The goons at the checkpoints always respawned far too quickly as well. That said, the guns and effects were excellent.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

One month to release, can't wait!

• Advertisement

One month to release, can't wait!

Looking forward to visiting Montana then?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Looking forward to visiting Montana then?

Looking forward too killing some rednecks!

Confirmed you can customise your vehicles from paint jobs to arming then. The muscle cars look class.

In case anyone's interested, you can get the Prequel book that's out today from book depository for 7 quid with free delivery.

https://www.bookdepository.com/Far-Cry-Absolution-Urban-Waite/9781945210297?ref=grid-view&qid=1519792318120&sr=1-1

Fairly dark live action trailer.

Looks like a mini movie being released on 5th march. I should have the book next week, nice marketing by ubisoft.

https://twitter.com/FarCrygame/status/969257379320668160

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

While this game looks awesome im worried about it being another Far Cry game. I loved far cry 3, never finished 4 and lasted about 6 hours in Primal so im going to wait for reviews... maybe sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

How many rednecks skins will be needed to make a purse I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭jones

The smyths preorder deal for the gold edition is really good. Think I'll go with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really looking the like of this now. Even thinking of getting it with the season pass, which I never do.

Advertisement