Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,470 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was very late to the BL1 party but it was absolutely epic! I got the GOTY edition and pmped hours upon hours into the game and then all the DLCs except moxis riot death arena thing, got very boring. Reading that link with the loads of info, BL2 sounds class altogether! I never played the co-op option in BL1, I thought it was perfectly fine in single player. Def gonna pick this up early when it's released, not gonna wait like last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

really looking forward to this as i could never actually play through for a 2nd time with the same character. and its pointless playing now as most people who join my session are lvl 60 or so and 3 so far have provided me with a shield with about 23,000,000,000 hit points on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Good to see they're giving the story a bit of attention this time, one of my main problems with the first game was the lack of immersion in the world with the the non-existent story. It made the second play-through a chore knowing there was no real point in progressing other than to level up.

Never tried the online multilayer but local co-op was great fun, one of the few good local co-op games I've played this generation

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I never played the co-op option in BL1, I thought it was perfectly fine in single player. Def gonna pick this up early when it's released, not gonna wait like last time.

No offence but you havent played the game then.

its the "thing" that makes it truly awesome, even on PS3 the kid finds everyone willing to play for the objective.

brilliant game on all platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No offence but you havent played the game then.

its the "thing" that makes it truly awesome, even on PS3 the kid finds everyone willing to play for the objective.

brilliant game on all platforms.

I don't think so, i never play co-op for a number of reasons, but the single player was one of the best i've played. Granted, the story wasn't great, but the game itself was brilliant, and without other people playing along side me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't think so, i never play co-op for a number of reasons, but the single player was one of the best i've played. Granted, the story wasn't great, but the game itself was brilliant, and without other people playing along side me.

Agreed. I played all the way through single player twice before I even tried co-op. However I'll be more inclined to do co-op sooner for B2 because it was good craic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

I played through all of the single player first before co-op, almost regretted it because the multiplayer is great craic! Especially when everyone starts arguing about guns and need to dual! No ones bet my brick yet though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dated for release on Sept. 21 and a new trialer to go along with that news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

A robot dancing the robot?

SOLD!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That was a fantastic trailer.

Bazillionder! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

96.5% more WUB WUB - I was just about to post about every fecking game trailer and it's dog using DubStep music, but I saw that master stroke and thought "oooooh, you fkers Gearbox, you got me :D"

Day 1 purchase for me, Borderlands was an amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Shiminay wrote: »
    96.5% more WUB WUB - I was just about to post about every fecking game trailer and it's dog using DubStep music, but I saw that master stroke and thought "oooooh, you fkers Gearbox, you got me :D"

Day 1 purchase for me, Borderlands was an amazing game.

That made me laugh too :D
    +1 on bazillionder too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,470 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thats how you do a trailer. I never played co-op last time but I got the game a year after it was out so didn't want some high level guys knowing the game inside out while I was on a low level. Def gonna try the co-op this time tho. Saying that, it's a brilliant single player game as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

good Lord, Lillith piled on the pounds!

31 seconds in, have a look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

i think a little bit of wee came out :o

I reckon that even if i never played the first game, that trailer alone would have sold me. September is going to be good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ha; so while the use of dubstep in Far Cry 3's trailer was obnoxious & unnecessary, here it's glorious. Never actually played Borderlands 1 in the end, bar a quick 1/2 spin I got ages ago - but that trailer had me positively excited. Great tempo, just shows the power of good marketing & a perfectly executed pitch / tone

Though of course now there's no way the final game will live up to the potential and excitement generated by the video :)

pixelburp wrote: »
    Though of course now there's no way the final game will live up to the potential and excitement generated by the video :)

Yes it will, and then some.

pixelburp wrote: »

I'd normally agree with this, but for Borderlands 2 i'll happily make an exception :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Time to replace my Lilith desktop wallpaper with a Maya one me thinks :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

The original was one of if not the best game of this generation for me. Left 4 Dead 1 and some others being tied for number 1 really. Me and 2 mates got it on launch and just immersed ourselves in it for hours on end each night. We only played when we were all online and I have to say I couldn't imagine borderlands single player. The enemies scale with the amount of players and your playthrough number so it made it extremely interesting.

I picked Mordecai in the first one as my main character who I got to 61 and did all the content with first. But from the trailer for 2 I'm not sure who I will pick. Zero seemingly is the new hunter but I'm not too pushed if he's heavily melee based. I may have to switch to soldier, I liked the class in the first one but I didn't really like Roland. Lilith was probably the strongest character of the first game when fully spec'd so it will be interesting to see how that plays out with the classes this time.

Handsome Jack is going to get his ass beat come September. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Looks class, can't wait. Bl1 was a groundbreaking game imo, so much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its the only game i have played tru a few times, i went to play it last night and realised my saves were gone.

I am not bothered in the slightest :) looking forward to playing tru again.

Anyone got GOTY edition want to start a PC play tru?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I wouldn't call B1 "groundbreaking" or "the best game of this generation" but it was a pretty good and very solid FPS. Shooting men in the face just felt very satisfying... and how many FPSs can you say that about these days? So I'm looking forward to the sequel

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Don't forget we may see an Android version of it too :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Can't wait. LOVED Borderlands.

Oh Claptraps <3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Some brilliant news for PC users.

http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter

Some brilliant news for PC users.

http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter

Fair play to Gearbox. That's a pretty impressive list of pc features.

Love their humour as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

<cynical hat>That feature list is what I would consider standard on PC games (certainly on PC games 5-6 years ago), so fair play on the positivity on marketing it well, but every PC FPS game should have those features as standard.</cynical hat>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Shiminay wrote: »
    <cynical hat>That feature list is what I would consider standard on PC games (certainly on PC games 5-6 years ago), so fair play on the positivity on marketing it well, but every PC FPS game should have those features as standard.</cynical hat>

Agreed

Advertisement