Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 months free DVD rental from ScreenClick with €20 mobile top-up at the Post Office.

• 27-01-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Yes this is another promo offer from AnPost. This time its in conjunction with ScreenClick. It's 2 moths free DVD rental when you buy a €20 mobile phone top up at the Post Office. When you buy the top-up, you get a voucher code to apply for the promo:
    * This promotion will cease on the 1st March 10.
    * You can only avail of the offer online.
    * The Screenclick service is only available to residents of ROI only.
    * You have to be over the age of 18 to avail of the service.
    * To register for your free trial, a valid credit or debit card is required.
    * Your free trial expires 2 months after registration.
    * You will NOT be charged during the free trial, unless you change your subscription package.
    * Existing members or those who have previously enjoyed a free trial with any Screenclick-powered site are not eligible.
    * At the end of your free trial, you will automatically become a paying member unless you cancel your subscription and return any of our discs in your possession BEFORE the end of your free trial.
    * This offer may not be redeemed in conjunction with any other offer and is limited to one per household.
    * Full terms and conditions of the service are available on www.screenclick.com.

Just a headsup about ScreenClick, I'm sure many know this already. If you are going to cancel, make sure to return your DVD well before the promo end date, AND be sure to get a dated certificate of posting, it's available free at the post office counter. ScreenClick are notorious for saying they didn't get your final DVD back on time and then charging your credit/debit card for the subscription. If you have a dated certificate of posting you're covered, and can dispute the charge. Do a search here and you'll find many threads about this.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Oracle wrote: »
    * Existing members or those who have previously enjoyed a free trial with any Screenclick-powered site are not eligible.

Dont think new email will get past this. would need to be a new address :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

Just in relation to screenclick I think I got an email from bethrifty earlier of an offer of a month free and €10 paid to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sylvia.

Oracle wrote: »
    ScreenClick are notorious for saying they didn't get your final DVD back on time and then charging your credit/debit card for the subscription.

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that. We always advise our customers to get proof of postage and we always honor the date on it (even if we receive actual DVD weeks later). Any questions just give us a call 0818 270 710 or email support@screenclick.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sylvia. wrote: »
    We always advise our customers to get proof of postage
    The site says you send it back freepost, can you get free proof of postage on freepost? I thought you only got it sending via registered post which is €5.25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sylvia.

rubadub wrote: »
    The site says you send it back freepost, can you get free proof of postage on freepost? I thought you only got it sending via registered post which is €5.25

Yes you can get proof of postage. The only inconvenience is: you need to make it to the Post office and leave the envelope there. The FREEPOST is free only for customers…..we pay for it:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

rubadub wrote: »

Just hand it in to them, and ask for a proof of postage receipt. Same receipt that you get from registered etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

would need to be a new address

Or just move the address around eg
    Joe Bloggs
    24 Main Street
    Tallaght
    Dublin 1

becomes
    Mr J Blo ggs
    Tallaght
    24 The Main Street
    1 Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

You get a very unofficial looking An Post proof of postage. The details are usually scrawled on then and there by the staff. It's nowhere near as professional looking as the receipt you get when sending by registered post but I suppose it does the job. You get what you pay for.

Advertisement