Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€10 off Tesco online shopping

Options
  • 20-05-2008 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

€10 off your online shopping bill before June 10th - printable voucher.

http://www.tesco.ie/voucher/

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I wouldn't touch Tesco's online shopping service with a 10 foot stick.

I used this service for almost 2 years and every time I got a delivery, there was always some problem, items missing, items gone off, items changed for items I didn't want, etc.

The last straw was two months ago when they missed €32 worth of items and they still haven't refunded me for.

Since then I've tried Superquinn instead twice and so far perfect service, no missing items, no unwanted subs and everything nice and fresh and well in date. Also they don't try and squish everything into a few containers and they don't leave the containers with you (which is a pain if you live in an apartment).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

That said, they don't seem to have included a minimum order value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Igy wrote: »
    That said, they don't seem to have included a minimum order value :)

Wonder will they deliver me 10 euro worth of free beer from the voucher:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

there's a delivery charge of something like 6,7 euro?
    Free bottle of coke anyone? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ooh, wonder if I can cancel last nights shop and add this voucher

--edit
    no :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ooh, wonder if I can cancel last nights shop and add this voucher

--edit
    no :/

you don't need to add it to your order - just print, fill out, and hand it to the delivery guy. they'll credit the tenner back to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no printer
    wonder if a pencil copy will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Absolut

Delivery charges can be as low as €3 on certain days/times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Absolut wrote: »
    Delivery charges can be as low as €3 on certain days/times

Where?

The lowest we have is €5.99
    The voucher can only be used by each customer/address once, as i found out when they did this the last time in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Absolut

snubbleste wrote: »
    Where?

The lowest we have is €5.99

Tesco, Galway.

Next Monday all delivery slots are under €4, but the next day they go up to over €8. Possibly also differs by location relative to the store also.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Next Monday all delivery slots are under €4, but the next day they go up to over €8. Possibly also differs by location relative to the store also.

You are right!
    When did this charge sink below €5.99? I'm in Galway and have been using their online servive sporadically since 2004 and have never seen the charge that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Metro newpaper sometimes has Tesco free delivery voucher.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Double clubcard points on delivery's 2-8th june- online only.

*Valid on grocery orders ordered online and delivered between 02.06.08 - 08.06.08. The extra points will appear in your next Clubcard statement which is in August. You earn 1 Standard Clubcard Point for every €1 you spend on your shop and we will double your points. Clubcard statement with money off vouchers is only sent if customer has 150 earned points or more. Points will not be given for purchases made at the coffee shop/restaurant or for purchases of any tobacco products, medicines, lottery tickets, infant formulae products, gift vouchers, saving stamps, postage stamps or phone cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

I have used them twice (live in Bray so delivered from Greystones store). First time they were an hour later than the time slot, second time were meant to be there between 6-8pm on a Saturday night , arrived at 10.45pm cos of some van problem (must have been a phone problem as well as no phone call and no one answering the phones in Greystones). So be prepared for a bit of a wait! I've heard good things about Superquinn so am going to try them the next time.

Advertisement