Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regaine in Ireland

• 04-02-2017 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

I usually buy Minoxidil (hair regrowth oil) when I'm in the U.K. (much cheaper), looking to buy a months supply in Ireland because I won't be in the U.K. until the end of Feb. Where can I buy it in Ireland.

I remember seeing it in Boots in Cork a few months ago (it was one of those booklets where you go to the counter to get it) but went in today and it didn't seem to be there anymore. Had to meet friends to go watch the rugby and there was a queue so didn't have time to queue and ask to be sure.

Is it still available in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Buy it on boots.com and use Parcel Motel to ship it to the Republic. It'll be much cheaper buying from their UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Passenger wrote: »
    Buy it on boots.com and use Parcel Motel to ship it to the Republic. It'll be much cheaper buying from their UK site.

Yeah, but I'll be waiting over a week for it. Looking to pick it up locally, my glorious hair thins fairly fast without Minox.

Boots usually have it behind the counter. Did you ask the staff?

No, didn't get a chance as I said in original message. It wasn't in the place that I saw it a few months ago though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They appear to have dropped the cards. EVERY pharmacy will have it. As it seems you're aware, but for anyone else finding this by google - its vastly dearer than the UK.

As a pharmacy only medication this is illegal and will be destroyed if found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Sn@kebite

I usually bought in on ebay from mainly American pharmacies. Worked out at about 12EUR per bottle back in the day, 2010ish. That's the 5% strength it is called Rogaine in the states. I then moved to Spectral-DNC which was fantastic but they kept changing the formula which caused me to shed so I just had to move.

I now use a 12% minox with 0.1% Finasteride. You will need to increase the strength over time. But regaine is a good start as it was for me.

€42.99 for a month's supply. Won't be caught out buying it from Ireland again.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Padraig1888

daveyjoe wrote: »
    €42.99 for a month's supply. Won't be caught out buying it from Ireland again.

I got it on Ebay for €60 but 6 months supply from the UK.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I got it on Ebay for €60 but 6 months supply from the UK.

Illegal to import by post; if caught it'll be seized/destroyed and if caught repeatedly you'll be prosecuted. Not really worth it.

You can only bring pharmacy only medications (and drink, and smokes) in physically with you.

L1011 wrote: »
    Illegal to import by post; if caught it'll be seized/destroyed and if caught repeatedly you'll be prosecuted. Not really worth it.

You can only bring pharmacy only medications (and drink, and smokes) in physically with you.

You can use Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

I started 5% kirkland minoxidil 2 months ago, i bought from inish pharmacy in donegal and they delivered to me with in 2days. I got 6 months supply for 110euro. Very easy to deal with

That doesn't prevent it being illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Is it guaranteed to get in with parcel motel?

PucaMama wrote: »

Well it does for me. I order from Boots in the UK.

PucaMama wrote: »

No. If they are aware of it they need to inform customs, who need to inform the HPRA who will seize and destroy it. If they don't know its there, that doesn't happen but you have no guarantee of that - and no right to a refund from the seller either.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

medipharm pharmacy is doing a very good deal on Regaine,
    3 months supply for 55 euro
    they have an online offer going on

https://www.medipharm.ie/regaine-for-men-extra-strength-scalp-foam-3-month-supply.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭sellasheep

I'd regaine illegal in Ireland?

sellasheep wrote: »

No. You can buy it in your local pharmacy.

sellasheep wrote: »

No it's not, it's available in all Pharmacies and on online shops.

Medipharm is one of the best place to buy regaine products

https://www.medipharm.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=regaine&cat=

Regards

Medipharm have a new site now https://medipharm.ie/
    and regaine is the cheapest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mathewr788

I have been buying from medipharm.ie , comparatively they have cheapest prices in Ireland.

Advertisement