Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-11-2019, 15:49   #61
sbsquarepants

Regardless of what the starting point it always ends up about tits or football.

Actually i've just had a brainwave. Topless womens football is the game of the future.....you heard it here first people.
Advertisement
14-11-2019, 15:52   #62
El_Duderino 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsquarepants View Post
Regardless of what the starting point it always ends up about tits or football.

Actually i've just had a brainwave. Topless womens football is the game of the future.....you heard it here first people.
They've pretty much done that with Women's American Football and Men's Wrestling.
15-11-2019, 00:15   #63
Widdershins

Sometimes we talk about what other people talk about. A married friend was telling me that her divorced neighbour is always jawing at her and/or her husband, giving them the low down on who he's done what with. Another girl with us said she found that very weird and married friend admitted it's a bit much. If they hadn't said it I'd have been quietly wondering "is that actually normal? Sounds so scabby.... ". Sometimes I've discussed with men, what "lads" chat about, and it varies loads. The sleazy ones apparently think all men are as sleazy as them, the normal ones think They're childish fantasists.

Normally though: Childbirth
Periods
Sex
God****es who mightily fecked us off
Concerns about partners
How things are going well with partners
Books
Weird or interesting archeology/local history around where you grew up or used to live
Something you saw while walking your dog or in town
Random thing that happened
Social issues
Deepest darkest fears
Dreams you had
Food
Your job (even if only to say you don't like it)
Anything different you did lately (camping came up recently)
Stereotypes
New skills
Clothes

With one friend I'd easily chat about whimsical silly stuff like where to install a trapdoor and souterrain in my garden, or we could go on a night time walk, but more often than not that'd be too out-there for most of my friends. So it depends on the dynamic and their personality.

Lots of people gossip maliciously but I don't go in for that and don't associate with serious gossips. They see it harmless, I don't.

Last edited by Widdershins; 15-11-2019 at 00:31.
15-11-2019, 01:17   #64
Widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LirW View Post
A lot of really random philosophical stuff.
"Hey do you think this guy in that show represents really well how this generation was drilled subconsciously that X is an important value and it basically messed everything up?" Constantly. I love to debate for the sake of it, I just love hearing opinions. Yes, I'm probably pretty damn annoying. Can't help it, it stimulates my brain.

Also food. I could talk about food all day.
I love that kind of non heated debate (except when it's sprung on you and you're too addled for it). Food, love talking about Food, history of Food, nutrition, spices, growing Food, ancient bread recipes, wartime rationing recipes, foods that were common but never eaten now..the sh1te that's in food these days...kids who think carrots are made in factories ..except most of this doesn't come up often enough unless I'm talking to a food writer or some kind of hippy apocalyptic prepper with a fermenting fetish. So come to think of it I only talk about Food with two people. Sigh
15-11-2019, 01:27   #65
BDI

Me................. we all sit around and talk about me.

No serious answer sometimes I ask people what they did last night or what the weathers like or how they got into work, this usually leads to a barrage of questions about their car or bike or rain gear, whatever, the trick is answer a question with an answer then a question,

Example

A: Weathers rough isn’t it?

B: Ah it’s not the worst I was in Greenland last year

A: really

B: no I’m a spoofer it’s probably best that I tell you now instead of later when all of you realise I’m a liar and slag me behind my back

A: you must have had a rough childhood

B: I don’t know whether I did or whether I made it up anymore.
Advertisement
15-11-2019, 02:23   #66
bilbot79

Today we discussed

Headaches
Toothaches
Vaginal discomfort
Overwork
Holiday homes
Vegetarianism
What to do this weekend

Make of it what you will
15-11-2019, 09:22   #67
Widdershins

What I talk about most of all is other friends or interesting acquaintances. Sometimes I like to do a bit of friend matchmaking. Terrible habit of namedropping, unintentionally.

You can just talk about the weather too. It's an innate thing, we still chatter about weather as it was once a huge consideration in all our lives. Or our predecessors.
15-11-2019, 09:25   #68
biko
Arbiter

Great people talk about ideas
Average people talk about events
Small people talk about other people.

Last edited by biko; 15-11-2019 at 10:18.
(3) thanks from:
15-11-2019, 09:29   #69
Widdershins

What about having heart and warmth?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size