Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-11-2019, 08:50   #31
D3V!L

Worst: finding out I have Boneitis

Best: found out it was totally curable
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-11-2019, 08:56   #32
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQD View Post
Can I ask why?..I'd probably have a touch of it myself if I'm honest..dont really see much benefit in being diagnosed though..
Quote:
Originally Posted by banie01 View Post
I don't want to presuppose another poster, but I'd hazard a guess that being diagnosed after years of second guessing oneself as to mental capacity or illness?
That having a diagnosis can put a whole new, and quite comforting slant on ones interactions?
well said, thank you

more or less, its giving me great insight into my own struggles in life and most likely reasons for other family members struggles, im luckily getting help from an autism outreach service, whereby im meeting others on the spectrum, and very well informed professionals
(5) thanks from:
13-11-2019, 09:15   #33
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by banie01 View Post
I don't want to presuppose another poster, but I'd hazard a guess that being diagnosed after years of second guessing oneself as to mental capacity or illness?
That having a diagnosis can put a whole new, and quite comforting slant on ones interactions?
More than anything is empowers to act to help and support yourself. Before, you had no idea what was wrong and knew it was not what was being mooted. First thing I did was get on the internet and start learning and sorting. Not comforting, as in my case I was stunned and terrified, but truth is always a relief and a release.
Thanks from:
13-11-2019, 09:35   #34
banie01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
well said, thank you

more or less, its giving me great insight into my own struggles in life and most likely reasons for other family members struggles, im luckily getting help from an autism outreach service, whereby im meeting others on the spectrum, and very well informed professionals
There is a large cohort of folk in the 30 and above age bracket that are slowly discovering that what was boisterous or poor behaviour in school was very likely due to their being on the spectrum.

There was no ADD/ADHD or Autism spectrum recognised in Irish schools when I was going, and one of my brother's was probably the 1st to receive an official Irish diagnosis in the mid 90's.
But that was only after Trojan work and research by my mother that at one stage even led to him being commited to Fairyhouse.

Glad to see a diagnosis and support have made a positive difference.
13-11-2019, 10:08   #35
razorblunt

Worst: Realising next year I'd have lived as many years without my Mam than with her. The thing about losing a parent as a teenager is that you never get over it, you just get on with it. But you have almost every life milestone and hurdle ahead of you without them, College Graduation, Marriage, Kids etc. They all just come up and smack you on the face when you're least expecting it.

Best: Getting married and starting a family.
Also the feeling of knowing you've worked hard to get where you are now and it's all come together.

Last edited by razorblunt; 13-11-2019 at 11:15.
Advertisement
13-11-2019, 10:30   #36
w/s/p/c/

Worst: Losing my mam suddenly 3 months ago. Will never get over it

Best: Meeting my wife
13-11-2019, 11:00   #37
astrofool

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3V!L View Post
Worst: finding out I have Boneitis

Best: found out it was totally curable
New Worst: Forgetting to get the cure
(2) thanks from:
13-11-2019, 11:04   #38
D3V!L

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrofool View Post
New Worst: Forgetting to get the cure
Nope, didn't forget thankfully. I gave up my job at the brokerage to concentrate on a cure.
13-11-2019, 11:07   #39
Lollipops23

Worst: Depressive phases on and off before I got on medication.

Best: Meeting my OH-he's made me a better version of myself and even if down the road we part company I know he's had a lasting effect on me for the better.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-11-2019, 11:11   #40
captbarnacles

Worst: MND
Best: my son and daughter and anytime I get to spend with them
13-11-2019, 11:13   #41
Chelle_C

Worst: Telling my Grandad I'd call him tomorrow and not doing it. He unexpectedly died that night, I will live with that forever.

Best: I'm currently pregnant and feeling my baby kick is the best feeling I could ever imagine. If it's a boy, they will be named after my Grandad.
13-11-2019, 11:16   #42
Foggy Jew

Worst: Husband of 19 years doing a moonlight flit on me and my 4 boys.

Best: My 4 boys.
13-11-2019, 11:18   #43
Motherof123

Best : Travelling around the world when I was 24 not a care in the world! I worked two jobs to save it took me 10 months to gather up enough money for the round the world open flight ticket! Couldn't possibly do that now young people are crippled with rent and taxes.

Worst : losing 2 close family members (not at the same time) one to cancer and the other a brain condition very hard to watch someone suffer and not be able to help in any way possible.
Most other worst things that have happened me I always tried to flip it and say it could have been a lot worse and accept that.
Thanks from:
13-11-2019, 11:20   #44
Motherof123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy Jew View Post
Worst: Husband of 19 years doing a moonlight flit on me and my 4 boys.

Best: My 4 boys.
I can only assume a moonlight is he left.
That's awful
13-11-2019, 12:30   #45
Mango Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Phucs Ache View Post
Worst was touching a shiny silver screw inside an open lampost on my street aged 8.

Best is still happening, watching/listening to my near teenage kids knowing I've done a good job in raising them.
1. Please tell us the rest of the lampost story?
2. Sorry to hear that your far away teenage kids are such bollocks's.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion