Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-11-2019, 10:00   #16
Homelander

Good for the money. You won't get better new. I would recommend at least upgrading the cpu to a ryzen 2600 for the sake of £40. the 2300x will be ok for most games, but it's not at all future proof and some current games will struggle with it. the 2600 is infinitely better.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-11-2019, 01:51   #17
darego

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.Kiki View Post
I would self-build.
PCs aren't hard to put together.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor (£48.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI B350M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£51.16 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£32.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Storage: Patriot Burst 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£44.99 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE Video Card (£93.00)
Case: GameMax Gamboge ATX Mid Tower Case (£34.98 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II EVO 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£49.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: ADATA XPG INFAREX K20 Wired Gaming Keyboard (£31.90 @ Amazon UK)
Custom: Used RX 570 on Adverts (1yr warranty)
Total: £388.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-11 11:35 GMT+0000

Just around budget.
I would buy that graphics card ASAP - supplier on Adverts has confirmed they're down to their last 6.
thinking of buying one of them rx570s from that guy on adverts. it will do for my sons gaming computer! but do you think they're genuine and nothing faulty about them for such a low price?
17-11-2019, 13:11   #18
SweetCaliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by darego View Post
thinking of buying one of them rx570s from that guy on adverts. it will do for my sons gaming computer! but do you think they're genuine and nothing faulty about them for such a low price?
Based on his feedback I'm confident you'll be grand.
(2) thanks from:
29-11-2019, 09:34   #19
paulocon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiminay View Post
Unless you're able to self-build, that budget really won't get you too far if you're buying new - it's the unfortunate nature of PC Gaming - a much more expensive initial outlay than something like a PlayStation or XBox, but it's much, much cheaper on an on-going basis.

For your budget though, you could pick up a very respectable second-hand machine from Adverts. A quick look and I found the following potential options:
https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/i7-2...b-ram/19231066
https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/6-co...b-ram/19225810
https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/chea...ready/19230629
Never thought of adverts, must check it out. Same advertiser has this listed.

https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/i7-2...b-ram/19271175

I also see a company called custompc.ie - has anyone used them before?
29-11-2019, 11:07   #20
Homelander

avoid custompc, terrible business. that machine on adverts is fine performance wise, but most of the parts are really old and not upgradable, at that price, no way. you would get a machine as fast for that money new really that would be far more upgradable down the line. the processor in that is from 2011.
Advertisement
29-11-2019, 11:11   #21
TheBoyConor

Why don't you buy reasonable entry level gear and set your 11 year old to take charge of assembling the PC and getting it working with your help.
That would actually be a much more educational and fulfilling process for them than the actual gaming which the PC will be fore.

It is surprsingly easy to assemble a PC from components. As long as you have all the parts compatible, you just fit them together. For the most part things just slot or clip into place and and everything has different shape connections so it is very difficult to actually connect something wrong.

You should be able to find a good step by step guide somewhere on how to assemble a PC and get it running, or find a good how to youtube viedo.
29-11-2019, 11:23   #22
paulocon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelander View Post
avoid custompc, terrible business. that machine on adverts is fine performance wise, but most of the parts are really old and not upgradable, at that price, no way. you would get a machine as fast for that money new really that would be far more upgradable down the line. the processor in that is from 2011.
Thanks for the advice re custompc. Are there any reputable Irish sellers online? Really trying to avoid self-build if possible!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion