Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-11-2019, 00:29   #46
davo2001

Honestly, how do people trust VPNs? Sure, if you don't mind some random person / company literally being able to access all your data then fine.

VPN in this sense is just a glorified proxy. The VPN provider can see all your traffic, and do with it what they want - including logging.

Anyone with half a bit of common sense wouldn't use it, but sure if it enables you to watch what you want on the iPlayer.......

Last edited by davo2001; 10-11-2019 at 00:33.
Advertisement
10-11-2019, 00:42   #47
TheDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo2001 View Post
Honestly, how do people trust VPNs? Sure, if you don't mind some random person / company literally being able to access all your data then fine.

VPN in this sense is just a glorified proxy. The VPN provider can see all your traffic, and do with it what they want - including logging.

Anyone with half a bit of common sense wouldn't use it, but sure if it enables you to watch what you want on the iPlayer.......
The only thing they log from me is what I watch on firestick..... Which is a very strange but boring mix. I do concur that I wouldn't be sending all my regular traffic through one.
Thanks from:
10-11-2019, 00:48   #48
FluffPiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo2001 View Post

Oh no, they'll log me watching MOTD tonight, what ever shall I do...

I won't logging in to check my bank details via a VPN.
10-11-2019, 00:52   #49
Suckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffPiece View Post
Oh no, they'll log me watching MOTD tonight, what ever shall I do...

I won't logging in to check my bank details via a VPN.
It's not your bank details they are after.
10-11-2019, 00:52   #50
ThePott

How reliable is this for getting onto Netflixes or other streaming services through a laptop?
Advertisement
10-11-2019, 00:58   #51
FluffPiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckit View Post
It's not your bank details they are after.
I understand your point, merely saying I'll basically be using it for accessing the likes of the iplayer and then disconnecting when done.
10-11-2019, 01:00   #52
sdanseo

Got it working in the end. Seems OK for iPlayer so far. Lagged out once or twice but nothing that made it unusable.
Will try out US Netflix tomorrow.

Bargain if it stays stable.
10-11-2019, 01:11   #53
Notdeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingding View Post
Any idea which server for channel 4, or is that possible.
Channel 4 is not geo locked for people in Ireland. You just have to sign up using fb or your email to get access
Thanks from:
10-11-2019, 07:53   #54
Kolido

Can anyone confirm please if this works fine for Netflix, thats primarily what I'd be getting it for.
Advertisement
10-11-2019, 08:07   #55
Sparko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolido View Post
Can anyone confirm please if this works fine for Netflix, thats primarily what I'd be getting it for.
Worked for me - Netflix US on a Nvidia Shield box.
10-11-2019, 08:20   #56
mean gene

which version do you download for firestick also i have a chromebook which one do i download for that cheers

Last edited by mean gene; 10-11-2019 at 08:23.
10-11-2019, 09:02   #57
grogi

The public page is somewhat sparsely populated with technical info. Is there an OpenVPN endpoint support?
10-11-2019, 09:23   #58
long_b

Not sure it answers your question but there's a good bit about OpenVPN in this review
10-11-2019, 09:38   #59
ewc78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
Worked for me - Netflix US on a Nvidia Shield box.
How do you access the US Netflix.
I bought this offer of the VPN last night and tried logging into my Netflix account and it just seems the same as before. Do I need to download a different Netflix app or something?
I'm using an Android TV box.
Thanks from:
10-11-2019, 09:58   #60
GhostyMcGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffPiece View Post
I understand your point, merely saying I'll basically be using it for accessing the likes of the iplayer and then disconnecting when done.
Good idea!

Quote:
The Privacy Policy gives a general description of personal data which might be collected when you visit the website or use KeepSolid's apps. These include IP addresses; device name, code, manufacturer and language; time zone, connection time and wifi network name; and the total amount of traffic for each session, along with session dates.

A quick check of our VPN Unlimited web console revealed a little more identifying information. A Devices console didn't just record that we had connected from a Windows 10 system, for instance. It also stored both the computer name and even the name of our Windows user account. If there's no logging of activity, that can't help anyone connect an internet action to your account, but we're still a little uncomfortable about a third party holding that level of information about our devices

Last edited by GhostyMcGhost; 10-11-2019 at 10:01.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion