Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Masvidal or Diaz?
Masvidal by ko/tko 12 25.00%
Masvidal by submission 0 0%
Masvidal by decision 13 27.08%
Diaz by ko/tko 0 0%
Diaz by submission 8 16.67%
Diaz by decision 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

04-11-2019, 17:22   #376
Tickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob316 View Post
There is exceptions of course but generally.

Luck has been on his side too, that quicker than quick Askren knockout got a call out from Diaz. He's always been a better fighter than Diaz so its no great surprise he won that one.

He might find a fight with Colby or Usman a bit too much though as he doesn't have that elite level of wrestling.
Lance Armstrong wasn’t ripped either
Advertisement
04-11-2019, 18:23   #377
Hello 2D Person Below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effects View Post
He tries too hard.
Yup, not even Trump buys his bull****.
04-11-2019, 18:53   #378
Homelander

Just watched the prelims earlier. Some great fights in there as well, Shane Burgos put in an incredible perforamce, those body shots towards the end were almost hard to watch, Amirkani could barely stand up on several occassions. Now 13-1, that guy seriously deserves his own Fight Night event.

Johnny Walker got absolutely wrecked...largely his own fault, he was far too over-confident and cocky. He first got clocked when he dropped his guard completely and shook out his hands in a silly manner standing directly in front of Anderson, completely stupid and avoidable, never recoverd from it. Look on his face when the ref stopped it, Not sure I've ever seen such a haunting look of despair and regret in the octagon.

Time for Arlovski to hang up those gloves. 3-10 in his last 13 now.
04-11-2019, 19:12   #379
str8talkingguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelander View Post
Just watched the prelims earlier. Some great fights in there as well, Shane Burgos put in an incredible perforamce, those body shots towards the end were almost hard to watch, Amirkani could barely stand up on several occassions. Now 13-1, that guy seriously deserves his own Fight Night event.

Johnny Walker got absolutely wrecked...largely his own fault, he was far too over-confident and cocky. He first got clocked when he dropped his guard completely and shook out his hands in a silly manner standing directly in front of Anderson, completely stupid and avoidable, never recoverd from it. Look on his face when the ref stopped it, Not sure I've ever seen such a haunting look of despair and regret in the octagon.

Burgos looked massive for 45,dunno if i ever seen a bigger 45er,was a tough out for Amirkani.
04-11-2019, 19:15   #380
Homelander

I was thinking that exact thing watching that fight, the span of his back even...considering he's 5"11 too.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-11-2019, 20:47   #381
Beersmith

No one is elite and everyone is overrated and a journeyman according to boards ffs
04-11-2019, 20:50   #382
dashoonage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beersmith View Post
No one is elite and everyone is overrated and a journeyman according to boards ffs
Nonsense. Everyone is a ****ing goat on steroids.
04-11-2019, 20:57   #383
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob316 View Post
You can tell the guys are juicing, he's a very soft physique for that.
It’s a bit naive to think that rules person out.
Peds don’t make you look like a superhero instantly. Certain Peds that would have helped him don’t change your appearance at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
People are going on about this like it was an important fight. It's a cringe belt and two guys that are well down the rankings or at least should be. You've got Usman, Woodley, Covington and Edwards who are all well ahead of these two.
He’s obviously not at no.1 but “well down” is a bit much. Other those those you listed I can’t see who is ahead of him right now.
05-11-2019, 09:43   #384
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelander View Post

I seen Johnny Walker spent some of his camp sparring in SBG in Dublin they hardly have Steller lads his size, surely not ideal if your looking to compete at the very top level in the LHW division,
Advertisement
05-11-2019, 12:42   #385
xckjoo

Great card! Best in a while. No issue personally with the stoppage as I don't think Nate was going to do anything but absorb more damage. Some huge shots eaten by fighters across the board. How Ivanov stayed standing I'll never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Vs ManUre View Post
If Colby wins next month then his first defence vs either Masvidal or Woodley will be a massive fight because of the beef between them.
I really hope Colby wins, as in addition to his fighting like a bulldog, his marketing of the fight in the run up is very entertaining, similar to Mcgregor.
Colby is a great fighter but his heel shtick is terrible. It makes me forget how good a fighter he actually is it's so bad. He clearly comes up with a few lines and then awkwardly shoehorns them in to interviews. Uncle Chael needs to step up and give him a training camp in this stuff
Masvidal-Woodley would be an interesting match up. Masvidal is looking great these days.
10-11-2019, 09:35   #386
Foxtrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
People are going on about this like it was an important fight. It's a cringe belt and two guys that are well down the rankings or at least should be. You've got Usman, Woodley, Covington and Edwards who are all well ahead of these two.
They're both pretty well rounded fighters and would give just about everyone problems, except maybe Diaz v. a top level wrestler with decent jits. Covington might be able to beat Diaz but it would be a snoozer of a humpfest too. Masvidal v. Diaz was a good matchup because both guys stand and bang and have a good all around game.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion