Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-09-2019, 19:40   #1
Sinead152

What sort of data analysis in SPSS should i do for my Attitudinal study?

I am currently doing a research proposal for an attitudinal study measuring prejudice against people with mental illness. It is a 28 item questionnaire across four dimensions (Fear, malevolence etc) using a Likert-type scale (-4 strongly disagree to +4 strongly agree). I need to include my planned method of data analysis and was hoping to get some advice as I have not done this sort of research before. The aim of the study is measure people's prejudice towards people with mental illness. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
01-10-2019, 06:33   #2
DalaiAlma

What are your hypotheses? They will guide what method to use. It's hard to say whether to use a regression analysis, ANOVA, general linear model etc otherwise.

Last edited by DalaiAlma; 01-10-2019 at 06:38.
01-10-2019, 11:12   #3
Sinead152

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalaiAlma View Post
What are your hypotheses? They will guide what method to use. It's hard to say whether to use a regression analysis, ANOVA, general linear model etc otherwise.
My hypothesis would be that the public has significant prejudice attitudes towards the mentally ill
01-10-2019, 13:42   #4
Freedive Ireland

Can't help with the method, but an angle to at least consider is, the biological idea of mental illness has increased stigma in the community and self stigma. Some mental health "campaigners" shun the green ribbon as some of it's funding comes from those who benefit from the biological idea, ie pharma.
Both are from John Read as they deal specifically with stigma.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/...09638230123129
https://aps.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/...50060701280607

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion