Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luton, Gatwick or Stansted airport to Novotel Wembley London

• 29-09-2019 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi I’m flying with Ryanair to meet up with my brother in Novotel London Wembley but could not figure out which would be the best airport to fly in and out from that hotel using public transport. Would appreciate for any advise and how to go to the airport to the hotel. Thanks and regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Just go with the flight times/airport/cost that suits you best. You can get a train from each of those airports to central London

Gatwick - Victoria/London bridge
    Stansted - Liverpool Street
    Luton - king's cross/St. Pancras

Once in central London it's 30-40 mins to Wembley

I generally avoid Luton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

angelmum wrote: »
    Hi I’m flying with Ryanair to meet up with my brother in Novotel London Wembley but could not figure out which would be the best airport to fly in and out from that hotel using public transport. Would appreciate for any advise and how to go to the airport to the hotel. Thanks and regards

What probably matters the most the convenience of the flight times and the airport you're flying from rather than which airport you're flying to. Anyway, I can see that Novotel is close to Wembley Park tube which is on the Jubilee Line so perhaps Heathrow (Piccadilly Line, change at Green Park) or Gatwick (train to London Bridge, change to Jubilee there) are marginally better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I would go to Luton, airport is smaller and its physically nearer. Wembley is a kip.

https://tfl.gov.uk/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

You can get the Thameslink train from Gatwick or Luton airports to West Hampstead Thameslink Station, and then stroll 3 mins up the street to the underground station and get the Jubilee line to Wembley Park which is only a few stops away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If Stansted via Liv. St is an option, you may as well throw Southend Airport into your search criteria. Much smaller airport, quicker to get through - although avoid if it's a weekend visit (no trains due to upgrade works. . . .for the last 2 years with no end in sight)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,995 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There is a handy bus straight from Luton Airport to Finchley Road. From there, it's 7 minutes to Wembley Park station where the Novotel is.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

You can get the Thameslink train from Gatwick or Luton airports to West Hampstead Thameslink Station, and then stroll 3 mins up the street to the underground station and get the Jubilee line to Wembley Park which is only a few stops away.

Shuttle Bus from Luton Airport to Luton Station first though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Shuttle Bus from Luton Airport to Luton Station first though.

True, but the shuttle bus is included in your train ticket and is only 5 mins trip to Luton Parkway station though.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

Thanks everyone! We booked our flights to Luton airport as the time and price suits our schedule and budget.

Have a great trip! There's a Boxpark v close to the Novotel as well if you're looking for somewhere convenient for food/drinks/activities:

https://www.boxpark.co.uk/wembley/

• Advertisement
Advertisement