Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Do you support the protest?
Yes! 287 30.05%
No! 668 69.95%
Voters: 955. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
13-11-2019, 10:54   #2731
Thelonious Monk
Registered User
 
Thelonious Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by runawaybishop View Post
What has that got to do with climate or extinction rebellion? Loss of biodiversity die to overuse of pesticides is not a climate emergency.

If you could put a coherent argument together for the drastic changes demanded by ER that would be great
Their mission statement

Quote:
Extinction Rebellion is a global environmental movement with the stated aim of using nonviolent civil disobedience to compel government action to avoid tipping points in the climate system, biodiversity loss, and the risk of social and ecological collapse
So yeah, that's in their remit.
Oh and it looks like India and China are polluting the sh*t (literally) out of our waterways too, but that's all a green conspiracy too.

https://www.thejournal.ie/waste-wate...88536-Nov2019/

We need to clean up our own back yard, it's a disgrace.
Thelonious Monk is offline  
Advertisement
13-11-2019, 10:58   #2732
Plumbthedepths
Registered User
 
Plumbthedepths's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
Their mission statement



So yeah, that's in their remit.
Oh and it looks like India and China are polluting the sh*t (literally) out of our waterways too, but that's all a green conspiracy too.

https://www.thejournal.ie/waste-wate...88536-Nov2019/

We need to clean up our own back yard, it's a disgrace.
Your referencing of India and China now is actually juvenile. I suggest if you want anyone to take you serious you need to cop on.
Plumbthedepths is online now  
13-11-2019, 11:00   #2733
runawaybishop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 7,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
Their mission statement



So yeah, that's in their remit.
Oh and it looks like India and China are polluting the sh*t (literally) out of our waterways too, but that's all a green conspiracy too.

https://www.thejournal.ie/waste-wate...88536-Nov2019/

We need to clean up our own back yard, it's a disgrace.
That's from Wikipedia and references 3 statements that are all about climate, not biodiversity loss due to climate.

Yes we should clean up our own backyard and biodiversity loss is important, but ER don't seem to have any real proposals, ignore reality and appear to be full of hypocrites.
runawaybishop is offline  
Thanks from:
13-11-2019, 11:01   #2734
Thelonious Monk
Registered User
 
Thelonious Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbthedepths View Post
Your referencing of India and China now is actually juvenile. I suggest if you want anyone to take you serious you need to cop on.
It's hard not to bring it up when every argument from people who think everything is rosy in Ireland mention India and bleedin' China.
Thelonious Monk is offline  
13-11-2019, 11:05   #2735
Plumbthedepths
Registered User
 
Plumbthedepths's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
It's hard not to bring it up when every argument from people who think everything is rosy in Ireland mention India and bleedin' China.
Haven't seen those two countries mentioned by anyone other than yourself in the last several comments and to my mind you do so as sneering contempt that adds nothing to anything you say. It actually makes it easier to dismiss you as a crank. However fire ahead if you wish.
Plumbthedepths is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-11-2019, 11:46   #2736
blinding
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,731
Human apocalypse may be for the best all round .
blinding is online now  
Thanks from:
13-11-2019, 13:52   #2737
Dr. Bre
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinding View Post
Human apocalypse may be for the best all round .
It will be and has someone posted earlier nature will strive once humans are gone
Dr. Bre is offline  
(2) thanks from:
13-11-2019, 14:18   #2738
Professor Moriarty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbthedepths View Post
Haven't seen those two countries mentioned by anyone other than yourself in the last several comments and to my mind you do so as sneering contempt that adds nothing to anything you say. It actually makes it easier to dismiss you as a crank. However fire ahead if you wish.
Ahem
Professor Moriarty is offline  
14-11-2019, 20:15   #2739
cnocbui
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,927
Oh this just so appropriate to those who think Global Warming is a science fact:

Quote:
"In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason in an individual man."

- Galileo Galilei
And who was drawing attention to this?

Richard Feynman.
cnocbui is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-11-2019, 22:02   #2740
Quantum Erasure
Registered User
 
Quantum Erasure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 753
...that man? Albert Einstein
Quantum Erasure is offline  
Thanks from:
15-11-2019, 03:06   #2741
Micky 32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,674
You gotta love this climate change scam. The Dutch authorities have reduced speed limits from 130km to 100km/hr, apparently to save the world. That should see a nice rise in the coffers of speeding fines. Who are they kidding?

It’s total bo***x. I did a run to Southampton recently. The majority of my run was on UK motorways and i constantly cruised at speeds of 130/140kmhr. Guess what? I got the best mpg i have ever seen on my car, 58mpg ...
Micky 32 is online now  
(3) thanks from:
15-11-2019, 04:02   #2742
blinding
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky 32 View Post
You gotta love this climate change scam. The Dutch authorities have reduced speed limits from 130km to 100km/hr, apparently to save the world. That should see a nice rise in the coffers of speeding fines. Who are they kidding?

It’s total bo***x. I did a run to Southampton recently. The majority of my run was on UK motorways and i constantly cruised at speeds of 130/140kmhr. Guess what? I got the best mpg i have ever seen on my car, 58mpg ...
Sure thats no good at all from a TAX TAX TAX post of view
blinding is online now  
(2) thanks from:
18-11-2019, 10:49   #2743
20Cent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,940
Extinction rebellion block private jet terminal in Geneva.
There goes they only want to hit the poor argument.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...thy-elites?amp
20Cent is online now  
(2) thanks from:
18-11-2019, 10:52   #2744
Micky 32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Cent View Post
Extinction rebellion block private jet terminal in Geneva.
There goes they only want to hit the poor argument.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...thy-elites?amp
The morons are playing with fire if they start that craic. I wonder if they blocked the driveway of their parents, friends , neighbours SUV’s?
Micky 32 is online now  
Thanks from:
18-11-2019, 10:55   #2745
blinding
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Cent View Post
Extinction rebellion block private jet terminal in Geneva.
There goes they only want to hit the poor argument.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...thy-elites?amp
Well Done . About time .
blinding is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet