Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will you go to the ploughing 2018

• 22-08-2018 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭

I am going on my annual trip with my local pub, not sure what day yet , so are you going ?

Will you go to the ploughing 2018? 103 votes

1 day
    0% 0 votes
    2 days
    69% 72 votes
    3 days
    5% 6 votes
    not sure yet
    3% 4 votes
    other
    19% 20 votes
    not going
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

whelan2 wrote: »
    I am going on my annual trip with my local pub, not sure what day yet , so are you going ?

Yes I want to price a few things it’s only over the road from me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Yes.

Going to buy a slanetrac Hc150 hedge cutter for the mini digger. It’s like a finger bar mower type hedgecutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

I bought locking barriers direct from Teemore few years back. Might get a few more sets if I see them above

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I haven't been since I was a child so this year I've promised my little guy I'll bring him for first time.
    It's a great institution.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Myself and the brother will probably go, nothing in mind just a stroll about and look at the stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I says wrote: »
    Yes I want to price a few things it’s only over the road from me

Same as that

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

What’s access like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Yes.

Going to buy a slanetrac Hc150 hedge cutter for the mini digger. It’s like a finger bar mower type hedgecutter.

I flagged this one on here a couple of months ago, it didn't get a good review here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnUHIkCx7yY

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Hoping to go on the first day this year, was supposed to go for day 2 last year, didn't bother because the weather was sh1t.

Himself is from a farming background, he loves the machinery and livestock. I love the livestock and just general mooching around.

It's the 3rd year in Screggan, wonder where it'll be held next year?

wrangler wrote: »
    I flagged this one on here a couple of months ago, it didn't get a good review here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnUHIkCx7yY

Far better controls on a mini digger. Working out slightly under 2500. I have 600m of beech hedge and it doesn’t like flail I’m told by a lad in the know.

So I’ll invest and might do a few private hedges. The digger will travel on lawns without much damage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I hope to go. Just like the machinery tbh but its always a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hagimalone

RobinBanks wrote:
    I bought locking barriers direct from Teemore few years back. Might get a few more sets if I see them above

Would you get much of a deal on the day, l have to buy a couple of various types?

Hagimalone wrote: »
    Would you get much of a deal on the day, l have to buy a couple of various types?

Oh I've no idea to be honest. I've never been to the ploughing. Just thought if they were there I would price them that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Far better controls on a mini digger. Working out slightly under 2500. I have 600m of beech hedge and it doesn’t like flail I’m told by a lad in the know.

So I’ll invest and might do a few private hedges. The digger will travel on lawns without much damage

I was actually thinking of one too for the loader so will be interested to hear how it works. my hedgecutting is much reduced now so might be hard to get a contractor, I'll miss the flail though, fingerbar won't be near as tidy, I could do it a few times through the summer though.

wrangler wrote: »
    I was actually thinking of one too for the loader so will be interested to hear how it works. my hedgecutting is much reduced now so might be hard to get a contractor, I'll miss the flail though, fingerbar won't be near as tidy, I could do it a few times through the summer though.

Hedges I will be cutting will be around the house

I’ll still get the flail in for agri work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

What's other option about?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Angus2018

I don't plan to go this year. I find it's getting a bit too big and crowded but I'll see on the Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    What's other option about?

Just to cover all angles. Some could be working on site etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    What’s access like?

Good to excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just to cover all angles. Some could be working on site etc
    No Atari Jaguar option though:(

• Advertisement

Would Mullingar be a handy enough spot to stay for getting to ploughing. What time would need to be arriving in morning to see everything comfortably in one day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Would Mullingar be a handy enough spot to stay for getting to ploughing. What time would need to be arriving in morning to see everything comfortably in one day

You'll be doing well to see half of it comfortably in one day!

Might go myself, depends if I can push Dad into accompanying me :)

You'll be doing well to see half of it comfortably in one day/quote]

Seriously??? I better book a few days off work so!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭tanko

Mullingar would be grand, about 45 mins to the site. Not a hope of seeing everything in one day.
    Try to get there for 8 or 9, come 11 the place is wedged with people.
    Get a list of the stands and a map of the site, mark the places you want to see on the map and plan a route around the site or you'll just end up wandering around aimlessly and the day will be over before you know it without seeing the stuff you wanted to see.
    Oh and dont forget where you parked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Could be there around 2:30pm on Wednesday. Know I won't see a fraction of it at that but I'll probably go all the same, been a few years now.

tanko wrote: »
    Mullingar would be grand, about 45 mins to the site. Not a hope of seeing everything in one day.
    Try to get there for 8 or 9, come 11 the place is wedged with people.
    Get a list of the stands and a map of the site, mark the places you want to see on the map and plan a route around the site or you'll just end up wandering around aimlessly and the day will be over before you know it without seeing the stuff you wanted to see.
    Oh and dont forget where you parked.

Cheers tanko. Great advice, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

It’s an annual day out for myself and my mother but she broke her leg at the weekend in a freak accident so don’t know if I’ll go this year no chance of convincing the missus either. Always look forward to it every year and tullamore is a great location for it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

They have great stuff and very well priced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Working there at my father in laws stand for the Tuesday. Its harder than any day testing at home. It's my penance for the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

You'll be doing well to see half of it comfortably in one day!

Might go myself, depends if I can push Dad into accompanying me :)

What age bracket is dad? Just wondering as a neighbour who used to go religiously every year suddenly stopped when he hit 68 even though he’s over 70 now and still farming full time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement