Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-11-2017, 00:07   #16
ShaneU

Played UFC 2 for 50+ hours and still couldn't figure out how to block / reverse transitions, I remember it being unnecessarily complicated (holding r2 and press up on the right stick at the right time or some nonsense) this needs to be fixed.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-11-2017, 00:12   #17
Lukker-

Character models still look janky AF
02-11-2017, 12:37   #18
D.Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneU View Post
Played UFC 2 for 50+ hours and still couldn't figure out how to block / reverse transitions, I remember it being unnecessarily complicated (holding r2 and press up on the right stick at the right time or some nonsense) this needs to be fixed.
It's actually really easy once you figure it.

Basically whichever way the opponent moves first, you hold r2 and flick the right stick that direction.

So if he's in your full guard and trying to pass to half, he'll either move to the left or the right. Look at the character animations, and flick to the direction they move.

To be honest, most people tend to choose the same path of transitioning on the ground from certain positions, everyone rushing to try and mount, or to side control. It's about predicting those and then using that momentum to get off your back.

When two people that understand blocking transitions and how to transition properly are on the ground fighting, it's actually a very satisfying chess match. Your left trying to predict your opponents next few steps and try and counter them. Which is how BJJ should be represented really.
Thanks from:
02-11-2017, 13:11   #19
14murphy

Incredibly excited lads. I poured hours into the UFC 2 game but recently I can't play it anymore due to the leg kickers and body to head combo merchants.
02-11-2017, 13:28   #20
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneU View Post
Played UFC 2 for 50+ hours and still couldn't figure out how to block / reverse transitions
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Q View Post
When two people that understand blocking transitions and how to transition properly are on the ground fighting, it's actually a very satisfying chess match. Your left trying to predict your opponents next few steps and try and counter them. Which is how BJJ should be represented really.
Yeah, I found the best thing to do was give Martyos (on here) a few friendly matches. He's basically the Khabib of EA UFC 2 and you get to learnt he ground game pretty good sparring with him. I was fighting him in the Boards Tourney final best of 3. Came to the last fight were we both decided to pick CM Punk to make it as fair as possible. Turned into a complete chess match on the ground, was a great laugh.

One thing I hope they get rid of is the ease of KOing someone once you're in mount. I know mount is supposed to be dangerous but if you get someone good on top of you, it becomes almost impossible to get out of. Blocking means you eventually get KO'd, escaping means you get hit with significant strikes, just like the first fight in the vid below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14murphy View Post
Incredibly excited lads. I poured hours into the UFC 2 game but recently I can't play it anymore due to the leg kickers and body to head combo merchants.
Yeah the devs said they have fixed this, how I'm not sure but it was my main annoyance in online matches. Guys constantly spamming high/low with little punishment.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-11-2017, 14:51   #21
D.Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Yeah, I found the best thing to do was give Martyos (on here) a few friendly matches. He's basically the Khabib of EA UFC 2 .
Yeah it's strange, I'd consider myself to have a good understanding of the ground mechanics, but every now and again on ranked I come up against an absolute monster who just schools me on the ground again.

I really can't wait for the new game.
02-11-2017, 15:27   #22
akelly02

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelSoul View Post
This excites me
Me too , i want it now
02-11-2017, 16:35   #23
martyos121

I appreciate being called the Khabib of Boards UFC, Zero.

Hopefully you’ll all appreciate this in a few months time, I’m gonna turn the mic on and use my best Dagestani accent:

(2) thanks from:
02-11-2017, 16:39   #24
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

At least you turn up to fight unlike that bollix!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-11-2017, 17:14   #25
Axwell

CM Punk throwing a proper punch, defending a take down, performing a reversal..forgot how unrealistic this game can be at times!
(5) thanks from:
02-11-2017, 19:26   #26
RebelSoul

The worst feeling of my gaming career was getting battered by CM Punk in full mount, irrespective of the fact I was CM Punk as well. Painful so painful. Damn you marty.

Great little tourney that was.
(2) thanks from:
03-11-2017, 11:03   #27
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

So trailer releasing at 9am Pacific time so should 4pm our time with the time difference at the moment.

Devs said it will be all gameplay footage and the cover star will be announced. Conor = Money so will be mad if he's not on it but I think Mighty Mouse might join him on the cover.

MM put this up. Gameplay of the weigh in.

03-11-2017, 15:16   #28
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Apparently Knockout Mode is returning (street fighter style power bars, only standup) and it will have Snoop commentating
(4) thanks from:
03-11-2017, 15:36   #29
Axwell

When do we expect this to be released based on the time between info dropping and the release of UFC 2? I played the other one to death, still do but this has me getting excited. Hopefully they really improve career mode, I spent most of my time on UT and that wasnt even that great in the end because of the trading in setup they had with cards and it just became stale quickly. I just preferred using my own fighters and that was the main reason I stuck with it.
03-11-2017, 15:37   #30
D.Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Apparently Knockout Mode is returning (street fighter style power bars, only standup) and it will have Snoop commentating
Hahaha that's fantastic. Has the footage started somewhere?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion