Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-03-2016, 21:25   #46
Wrongway1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brussels Sprout View Post
Why are there no Women's Flyweight or Featherweight divisions in the UFC?
Pretty much because the talent pool isn't that deep especially with the UFCs partnership with Invicta FC, sure there is decent fighters out there at flyweight like Barb Honchock and Vanessa Porto but Featherweight a different story I'm afraid unfortunately the women there if even halfway capable end up becoming punchbags for Cristine Cyborg.

Having 115 along with 135 allows the UFC some leverage to perhaps catch some female talent from other weight classes (including 105 atomweights such is the case with Jessica Penne,Michelle Waterson) to compete in the UFC while I suppose making sure Invicta FC doesn't get watered down.

Invicta FC if you're interested actually has an event on tonight it streams on UFC fight pass.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-03-2016, 12:21   #47
Call Me Jimmy

What is the best option to watch UFC (mainly)? I did the youtube pay per view for mgregor just because I didnt have time to look at options. Are there any Sky channels that carry all the ufc's?
20-03-2016, 12:24   #48
ASOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Jimmy View Post
What is the best option to watch UFC (mainly)? I did the youtube pay per view for mgregor just because I didnt have time to look at options. Are there any Sky channels that carry all the ufc's?
Bt sports will have the majority of events bar one or two fight pass only cards, that would be the best package to go with until August when the rights are up for sale.

Last edited by ASOT; 20-03-2016 at 14:32.
Thanks from:
28-03-2016, 13:56   #49
That_Guy

Send a message via Skype™ to That_Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Jimmy View Post
Just on this, UFC Fight Pass is like Netflix for fights. If you've not signed up, they offer a free trial and it includes all past fights and they also stream live events from other promotions.

It's definitely worth it in my opinion and they're revamping the layout soon. They'll put up the PPV events about a month after they've been shown.

They also carry the exclusive Fight Pass prelims and Fox Sports prelims on there for every event as far as I know.

The sport has never been so accessible. You should definitely check out this this thread for a big list of legendary fights you may have missed out on.

That'll keep you busy for a while.

Last edited by That_Guy; 28-03-2016 at 13:59.
(2) thanks from:
28-03-2016, 14:12   #50
Call Me Jimmy

Nice one!
Advertisement
31-03-2016, 12:45   #51
JustShon

This might be considered a stupid question but what exactly is an interim title in UFC?
31-03-2016, 13:12   #52
That_Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustShon View Post
This might be considered a stupid question but what exactly is an interim title in UFC?
Not a stupid question at all.

It works the same way as boxing/kickboxing etc.

If a champion is injured for a long time and can't defend the belt, in this case the UFC don't want to put the entire division on hold so they'll usually have the two top ranked fighters fight for an interim belt.

Same rules apply to a standard title bout. 5 x 5 minute rounds.

The victor becomes the interim champion who will then wait for the champion to return. This is known as a "unification fight". The winner will be the undisputed champion of that division.

If, the champion can't return or vacates the belt, the holder of the interim belt becomes the undisputed champion by default.

Hope that explains it.

This is a bizarre scenario this time around with the featherweight belt because the champion (McGregor) is actually not inactive. He's just fighting at a different weight class.
31-03-2016, 13:31   #53
Wrongway1985

Quote:
It's basically a for the time being belt created due to inactivity of the original holder in that weight class. It keeps a clear picture of a divisions structure while the the actual champ heals up or in this case takes a fight in a weight class he is not even ranked in.

While glorified number one contender might be the short time view on it, situations like Renan Barao he defended multiple times interim was ditched and Cruz was stripped they never fought each other in the end.

Recent Interim champs Conor and Werdum took out their opponents to become undisputed champs.
Thanks from:
31-03-2016, 13:38   #54
JustShon

Thanks for the explanations guys
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-03-2016, 19:08   #55
scudzilla

Cardio question

JK has said that he knows Conor's Cardio failed him against Diaz and that theyt would be working on that for the July fight.

That fight is now3 months away, how easy is it to 'fix' the cardio issue in such a short time, and will a fix only give him another 2 rounds??
31-03-2016, 19:13   #56
Swashbuckler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scudzilla View Post
Cardio question

JK has said that he knows Conor's Cardio failed him against Diaz and that theyt would be working on that for the July fight.

That fight is now3 months away, how easy is it to 'fix' the cardio issue in such a short time, and will a fix only give him another 2 rounds??
You're hardly a newbie!
I'd assume it'll be a mix of cardio and tactics i.e don't load up on all punches, maybe less volume?
31-03-2016, 19:15   #57
scudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
You're hardly a newbie!
I'd assume it'll be a mix of cardio and tactics i.e don't load up on all punches, maybe less volume?
I'm no newbie but there's still a lot of stuff i'm unsure of and would rather ask people who know, if i knew everything i'd end up a proper twat on here
Thanks from:
31-03-2016, 19:45   #58
That_Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scudzilla View Post
Cardio question

Was listening to Peter Carroll on Second Captains earlier and he said that Conor's strength and conditioning coach was talking to him and said it would take at least 5-6 months to adjust to that weight differential.

I'm no expert on the matter at all but you'd have to imagine he's been training at 170 for a fair bit since the last fight.

There was rumours floating about that he had a viral infection which hampered him a bit but I don't buy it.

I think it's going to be more a case of conserving energy this time around rather than go for the kill like he did last time. That energy mixed with adrenaline dumping killed him in that fight.

Whether you can 'fix' cardio issues within the short timeframe remains to be seen though.
31-03-2016, 21:27   #59
darced

This post has been deleted.
31-03-2016, 23:07   #60
BOHtox

Quote:
The only stupid question is the one not asked.

That Guy and WrongWay answered it better than I could anyway

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion