Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-12-2014, 09:35   #61
GLaDOS
Testing

Agree with the above. Omackeral's one was great and got a lot of people interested and Dav's was good too but is running out of steam a bit at this point. Need to have a couple overlapping. If people are waiting days between each AMA they'll stop bothering to check the forum.
Advertisement
08-12-2014, 12:56   #62
Dav

We only got 12 responses so far and out of that, maybe only half were something we'd consider running with. If I run more than one at a time then I'm done by January
Thanks from:
08-12-2014, 13:41   #63
Omackeral

Can we know what type of subjects were submitted? For curiousity like.
Thanks from:
09-12-2014, 18:52   #64

I'm loving this forum more each time I come back- well done guys. It takes a lot to answer Qs. Also, given the time of year you'll get peaks/troughs in terms of questions asked etc as this forum gets more and more viewing figures, you'll probably have to limit the threads to a few days as the person in the chair won't have time to answer them all.
10-12-2014, 09:54   #65
enda1

Is there confirmation (email/PM) when submitting the form? I filled it in and I think submitted though I may have closed the tab before clicking. Cheers!
Advertisement
10-12-2014, 10:50   #66
Boards.ie: Niamh
Boards.ie Community Manager

There is a confirmation page once you have completed and submitted the form. There is no application with your username enda1 at the moment I'm afraid but please do fill it in again when you have time.
Thanks from:
10-12-2014, 10:52   #67
enda1

Cheers Niamh. Not sure if what I have to say could be interesting to others - but I'll let ye decide.
Thanks from:
17-12-2014, 09:41   #68

I see on AH that another "Traveller thread" has just bitten the dust. It disappeared in its usual pffft of self righteaous, holier than thou claptrap.

There must be "Travellers", or people closely connected who are also Boardsie's.

I wonder if we're ready for that?

I also wonder could someone do for the Travelling community what Omackeral did for prisons? No small ask.
17-12-2014, 12:37   #69
endacl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buona Fortuna View Post
I see on AH that another "Traveller thread" has just bitten the dust. It disappeared in its usual pffft of self righteaous, holier than thou claptrap.

There must be "Travellers", or people closely connected who are also Boardsie's.

I wonder if we're ready for that?

I also wonder could someone do for the Travelling community what Omackeral did for prisons? No small ask.
IIRC, one brave soul stuck his head above the parapet and answered questions on an AH some years ago. The tone of many posters improved dramatically. Amazing the effect speaking 'to' somebody has, rather than 'about' somebody!
The thread was still closed, and probably rightly so, but it was interesting seeing stereotypes challenged.

That would be an interesting one all right.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-12-2014, 12:54   #70
Dav

Sounds like a good idea, I'll see who I can reach out to.
(2) thanks from:
17-12-2014, 13:02   #71
taxAHcruel

Get an Irish Astrophysicist on. If the Q+A sessions at the ends of talks from people like Neil Tyson - Brian Cox - Laurence Krauss and so on are anything to go by - people usually have MANY questions for them.

The head of the Irish Astronomy Club does lots of talks and interviews - perhaps he would do it - or have contact details for an actual astrophysicist who would.
26-12-2014, 17:12   #72
jamo2oo9

Could we get someone from the Army to do the AMA for us? Preferably someone who has served in a tour abroad. Would be very interesting I think and I'm sure there would be plenty of questions to be asked.

That person doesn't have to be Irish, he/she could be a foreign based soldier i.e. Royal Army or US Corps etc.
27-12-2014, 18:06   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by endacl View Post
IIRC, one brave soul stuck his head above the parapet and answered questions on an AH some years ago. The tone of many posters improved dramatically. Amazing the effect speaking 'to' somebody has, rather than 'about' somebody!
The thread was still closed, and probably rightly so, but it was interesting seeing stereotypes challenged.

That would be an interesting one all right.
Wasn't that proven to be a troll? Perhaps I'm thinking of another thread.
31-12-2014, 09:04   #74
Omackeral

So any plans for the New Year to get this forum going fluently? People should list what type of people they'd like to hear from and then maybe we can all go headhunting. People I'd like to hear from...

A Taxi Driver

A Dublin Bus/Bus Eireann Driver

A League of Ireland Player

A School Teacher

I reckon I could get a bus driver to do one if there was interest.
31-12-2014, 12:22   #75
endacl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity. View Post
Wasn't that proven to be a troll? Perhaps I'm thinking of another thread.
Tbh I can't remember. Possibly?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion