Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-08-2018, 12:14   #4411
Omar C

We'll fing out on aug 30th. The new layout of vm channels.
Advertisement
22-08-2018, 12:48   #4412
Ireland trains

Would be good if they would put TV3+1 on saorview just to have a small bit more choice on what to watch.
Did rte not let them originally
22-08-2018, 12:51   #4413
zeebre12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
BAI are really talking about a pay TV service not a free service, BAI have failed to even consider the addition of new channels on saorview and when that happens it’s usually from Free To Air providers themselves.
So can companies like Sky/Discovery not launch FTA channels on Saorview if they wanted to like they have done in the UK with Sky's Pick and Discovery with Quest/Quest Red respectively?
The Saorview platform is very basic and very poor. A few channel additions would add a bit more variety.
22-08-2018, 13:33   #4414
lertsnim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland trains View Post
Would be good if they would put TV3+1 on saorview just to have a small bit more choice on what to watch.
TV3 decided not to put it on there. That decision has nothing to do with RTÉ.
Thanks from:
22-08-2018, 13:48   #4415
Elmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebre12 View Post
So can companies like Sky/Discovery not launch FTA channels on Saorview if they wanted to like they have done in the UK with Sky's Pick and Discovery with Quest/Quest Red respectively?
The Saorview platform is very basic and very poor. A few channel additions would add a bit more variety.
So this is how it would go,

Sky or UKTV announce they want to go on saorview with Pick or Dave. Neither technically need a BAI license for this, but out of courtesy they apply and get one, TV3/Virgin Media kick up a fuss that they have no PS consent is required to make them comply (though I don’t think this is necessary) the minister gives consent regardless. And said channel appears on Saorview. UTV Ireland case in point.

Or small company decides to get a license and to drum up support applies for no reason to be considered a public service, minister agrees but said smaller company says saorview is too expensive and refuses to go on the service it later closes due to lack of audience. E.g Irish TV

Now Virgin Media could put up 3 +1s on saorview but are currently too busy complaining that RTÉ want to replace RTÉ News Now and RTE ONE +1 with RTÉ ONE +1 and RTE2 +1
Advertisement
22-08-2018, 19:43   #4416
iseegirls

Conor McNamara presenting the Champions League coverage tonight on be3. Even though he commentated for TV3 in the early years, and presented Sports Tonight, and more recently was commentator for their Rugby World Cup coverage, I cannot remember him presenting a live game.

I guess with all the impending football coming to Virgin Media Sports, looks like they'll have Conor backing up Tommy Martin. On another note, Trevor Welsh was commentating the match last night.
22-08-2018, 20:18   #4417
Mickey Mike

Send a message via AIM to Mickey Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulpit View Post
I've just seen it, a great idea mind you and let's not stop there. On the Sky Ireland EPG Sky1 should swap around with Be3 (116), by putting the rebranded VM3 on 106 will be keeping all VM channels together.
22-08-2018, 20:23   #4418
icdg

If you think the idea that VM would relegate TV3 by one is mad, the idea that Sky would voluntarily relegate their flagship channel by ten spots on their own EPG, to the aid of their biggest competitor, is bonkers.
(2) thanks from:
23-08-2018, 17:09   #4419
icdg

Did I imagine TV3 having that big new season launch a few weeks back? Never mind, they had another one today.

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/AMP/article/...eason-schedule

Confirmation that “Virgin Media News” is the new news brand in their somewhere, not much else new.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-08-2018, 17:45   #4420
political analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by icdg View Post
Did I imagine TV3 having that big new season launch a few weeks back? Never mind, they had another one today.

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/AMP/article/...eason-schedule

Confirmation that “Virgin Media News” is the new news brand in their somewhere, not much else new.

From that article:

Quote:
In current affairs, ‘The Tonight Show’ returns for a second series, as Matt Cooper and Ivan Yates deconstruct the news, offering insight and their own different perspectives on the stories Ireland is talking about.

Clearly, TV3/VMI is being economical with the truth - considering that the programme that used to be on in the Monday-Thursday 11 PM slot was called "Tonight with Vincent Browne" (or just "Tonight" on his nights off!).
23-08-2018, 18:47   #4421
pjohnson

Still no Tipping Point back in the 2pm slot. Was nice at Dinner time.
23-08-2018, 20:15   #4422
Mickey Mike

Send a message via AIM to Mickey Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland trains View Post
You joking right, we don't want another fuzzy trashy looking picture taking up valuable space, its TV3 HD is what we were looking for but that's gone out the window now, they can shove their +1s elsewhere.
23-08-2018, 21:17   #4423
Elmo

To me Virgin Media have taken a step backwards.

They are back to bigging up the 10 hours of in-studio programs, as they seem to have little else. This is largely because of the mass of sport they have bought.

Bizzarly the 8pm news is a launch not a re-lauch.

I am guessing if Blood airs this October, Red Rock starts in January.

iseegirls can tell me if I have heard the following from last year "Inside James’s’ , ‘The Town’, ‘Revolting Ireland’, and 'Hutch v Kinahan: Ireland’s Deadliest Feud’. While am I right to say that The Restaurant and Doctor In The House were postponed from earlier this year? While, David McWilliams was supposed to finally get back on TV3 with a doc like ‘Back to the Future’, but saw him return with Agenda.

For PK's sake lets hope there is a Presidential Election as he is floundering to find an audience on TV3 ‘Pat Kenny’s Big Debate’.

Also is Xpose moving to VM TWO?
23-08-2018, 21:21   #4424
Elmo

Oh wait from last year

http://virginmediasolutions.ie/new-season/
23-08-2018, 22:35   #4425
political analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
To me Virgin Media have taken a step backwards.

They are back to bigging up the 10 hours of in-studio programs, as they seem to have little else. This is largely because of the mass of sport they have bought.

Bizzarly the 8pm news is a launch not a re-lauch.

I am guessing if Blood airs this October, Red Rock starts in January.

iseegirls can tell me if I have heard the following from last year "Inside James’s’ , ‘The Town’, ‘Revolting Ireland’, and 'Hutch v Kinahan: Ireland’s Deadliest Feud’. While am I right to say that The Restaurant and Doctor In The House were postponed from earlier this year? While, David McWilliams was supposed to finally get back on TV3 with a doc like ‘Back to the Future’, but saw him return with Agenda.

For PK's sake lets hope there is a Presidential Election as he is floundering to find an audience on TV3 ‘Pat Kenny’s Big Debate’.

Also is Xpose moving to VM TWO?

They're making Red Rock fans wait even longer than I thought?! Ah, now, that's just cruel!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion