Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: What has been your experience of IKEA's customer service?
Very good 22 50.00%
Good 13 29.55%
Poor 2 4.55%
Abysmally poor 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

28-12-2007, 11:46   #61
Hitchhiker's Guide to...

NTL

1. Refused to acknowledge my address existed for the first 3-months
2. Made me take a half-day off work and then turned up with the wrong equipment to install the line
3. Crap quality

PC World

*shudder*
Advertisement
28-12-2007, 11:49   #62
ztoical

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejkin View Post
Sub-city in Dublin city centre - last time i went in there,which was a year ago,they laughed at me when i said they had a misleading sign up in their store about prices of back issues of comics and kept saying I was wrong even though it was obvious they had the wrong prices up. Said Id never shop in there again and I havent, Its not like theres no other comic shops in town so they shouldnt be so rude to their customers,hopefully for other customers sakes they have got better staff in now but i doubt it.
they've had the same staff for years, third place isn't much better - alot of those small shops are a little clicky - staff have bunch of their mates in chatting at the till and the place is already too small to start with. Bunch of those small clothes shops in temple bar are the biggest cluprits - 4 or 5 people chatting around the till and you can just fit in the door. Get my comics in forbidden planet cus while the staff have been dim at times, you've got plenty of room so you don't need to interact with them if you don't want to. There has been a bunch of Livejournal/blog posts about FP dublin staff being rude and normally I do find them a little slow [thou not rude] but people are quick to point out bad service and rarely good service so I will say last time I was in I picked up comics downstairs, went upstairs to look for xmas pressies and one of the staff from downstairs came up looking for me with a comic I'd asked about ages ago. When it came in he remebered me asking for it and kept, even thou I hadn't asked him to and I live down the country so only get up every 2 or 3 weeks and he didn't know when I'd be back in. I thought it was very nice of him.
28-12-2007, 12:27   #63
Hitchhiker's Guide to...

made this thread a sticky and renamed it as "best and worst", rather than just worst. Let the ranting and praising continue!
02-01-2008, 22:52   #64
Dinkie

Rant: Kilkenny Design. I bought an ornament there a while ago (didn't check it properly so partially my fault - I had been eyeing it up for a while, so knew what it looked like) and had to bring it back due to a chip. THe shop assistant obviously thought it was my fault!!! But I had done nothing to the thing except for unwrap it. She kept asking me what I expected her to do about it, even when I told her what I wanted. In the end I got a credit note, but even that was hard going. Will never buy there again (and I used to buy a lot there)

Rave: Marks and Spencers in Dundrum today. There was such a helpful shop assistant helping a women with a buggy today... couldn't do enough for her.

Rave: Wexford AIB. Fantastic. Very helpful, straight talking and capable people working there
02-01-2008, 23:26   #65
Rowley Birkin QC

Ntl Call Centre: absolute disaster.

Ntl Engineer I bumped into outside my apt.: Absolutely first rate, told me not to bother with the call centre in future. He said they aren't paid enough to give a toss, gave me his mobile number in case of future problems.
Advertisement
02-01-2008, 23:58   #66
rameire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
you just reminded me, i senttheir customer services a mail about 2 months ago asking about different prce plans, still no reply.

Just thinking, I mailed 2 branches of First Active and their head customer service dept about 6 months back to enquire about their e saver account and am also still waiting.
does the e in e saver not give it away, its online, all details are on the website, you could have just set the account up took me less than two weeks to have it all setup and working ONLINE.
03-01-2008, 00:06   #67
qz

NTL are atrociously poor at customer service. The satellite installer couldn't fit the dish because his ladder wasn't long enough and it would take up to two weeks to get a suitable one? My fúcking hole.

The independant Sky installer was called the next day and easily succeeded in getting onto the roof from the top bedroom and installing the dish.
05-01-2008, 19:31   #68
ztoical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkie View Post
Rant: Kilkenny Design. I bought an ornament there a while ago (didn't check it properly so partially my fault - I had been eyeing it up for a while, so knew what it looked like) and had to bring it back due to a chip. THe shop assistant obviously thought it was my fault!!! But I had done nothing to the thing except for unwrap it. She kept asking me what I expected her to do about it, even when I told her what I wanted. In the end I got a credit note, but even that was hard going. Will never buy there again (and I used to buy a lot there)
I don't know if the cafe upstairs is run by the kilkenny design or its sub contracted out to someone else but was in there a couple of weeks before xmas with my aunts and they wanted to get food. Nothing at the hot food section looked nice [I'm a veggie] so went to a get sandwich. Big sign in front of sandwiches saying "choice of chips or salad" The sandwiches are already made up and this cheese/salad thing looked nice so I asked for that with chips and the girl behind the counter got really snotty with me saying chips only came with club sandwich. I pointed out that the sign didn't say that and she just snapped back at me chips only with club sandwich. I asked if there was veggie option to the club sandwich and she just rolled her eyes, muttered something to her friend I couldn't hear and said we're very busy I don't have time to answer all these questions.

Needless to say i didn't get any sandwich.
05-01-2008, 19:34   #69
Jack Sheehan

RantWhen we were buying a christmas tree this year we went to the place on booterstown avenue. The woman there was the rudest salesperson I've ever met. We only bought the tree because it was perfect and we were in a hurry.

RaveI'll reiterate that the staff in Game on Dawson St. are some of the nicest and most helpful people around.

RaveAlso was on the phone for 30 minutes to a helpful and patient Linksys representative about my Wireless Router. He solved the problem eventually and was very nice every step of the way.

Last edited by Jack Sheehan; 05-01-2008 at 19:36.
Advertisement
08-01-2008, 17:22   #70
Hitchhiker's Guide to...

mini rave: went into HMV to exchange an unwanted CD with no receipt. they didn't even question me for a second, just said to find something else i'd like.

if only all shop's operated that simple a policy
09-01-2008, 22:05   #71
mirwillbeback

PAYPAL are the WORST business I have ever dealt with in my life.
10-01-2008, 05:00   #72
cgarvey
Hosted Moderator

Thortons Recycling have a IVR system that tells you the average wait time and offer you the option to leave a voicemail saying they'll get back to you within the hour. For the buzz at 3.30 I did leave a voicemail, and sure enough they did get back to me within 40-ish minutes. Impressive (having been used to leaving similar voicemails with ESB, o2 and Digiweb and never getting a response)!
10-01-2008, 14:28   #73
Toto Wolfcastle
Up and at them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundtower2 View Post
mini rave: went into HMV to exchange an unwanted CD with no receipt. they didn't even question me for a second, just said to find something else i'd like.

if only all shop's operated that simple a policy
Agree with this. Plus they have their returns policy in clear view at the till and the staff know exactly what the policy is. (This was in HMV Cork.)

Also, the staff in HMV Galway are very helpful.
10-01-2008, 19:48   #74
cashback

I've called Bank Of Irelands credit card line a couple of times about an application and each time they were quite unfriendly on the line and seemed to be trying to get me to hang up quickly.
The question I was asking wasn't particularly obvious but you would think from their attitude I was an idiot. Also when I tried to ask an additional question they gave me a rushed answer and more or less hung up on me.

Maybe they have high call targets to meet but their attitude would encourage me to switch provider if it remains as bad.
10-01-2008, 23:32   #75
robo

Good Consumer story

I ordered a few CDs on CD WOW recently and after a few days I got 2 emails yesterday informing me that there was a delay with stock and that they wouldn't have the two CDs in until next Monday. Usually I can wait but this time they are for a birthday gift and I can't really wait, so I went out tonight and bought both CDs in town. So I emailed CD WOW to cancel and refund me the amount on both orders...1 and a half hours later, I have an email confirming that my order has been canceled and I will receive a refund - quick service!

I did this about a year ago also and the item was canceled and I was refunded however, CD WOW made a mistake and shipped the CD out to me even though I had canceled it...so I thought about it and informed them that they had shipped an item that was canceled and refunded...and I posted it back. They gave me double the cost of postgae in vouchers...I didn't need 2 copies of the same CD and I was honest!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion