Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Events & gig buddies

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

FTA69 wrote: »
    I'll be fighting my first paid bout in November in Wood Green; there's a good few Irish on the card and it's usually a cracking night of drinking, boxing and colourful language. I'll post more details when I get them!

Huzzah! Won the fight anyway and they gave me my money in a sandwich bag. Half of the notes were rolled up and most of the crowd were rough as a bear's arse. I cut your man well in the second round and there was claret all over the place. After that we departed to Monaghan's of Wood Green where I ended up asleep on the bar with the Irish flag draped over me; it was like an IRA funeral or something. Great scrap and a great night out. I'll let ye know the details for the next one!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Nice one FTA69! I've been to white collar boxing before, but not an old school boxing match. Do let us know when the next one is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Damn, forgot about this and it's just up the rd from me too! Keep us posted on the next fight!

A

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congrats dude, sounds like quite the experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Monaghan's of Wood Green

Is this place any use? May be moving to Wood Green soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

https://www.facebook.com/londonsantacon?fref=nf

santacon is on this weekend, so expect loads of people clad in red.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Is this place any use? May be moving to Wood Green soon

It's rough as sh*t but charming in its own way.

It's rough as sh*t but charming in its own way.

Sounds promising!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Des Bishop is at the Soho Theatre until 11 April:

http://sohotheatre.com/whats-on/des-bishop-made-in-china/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mynewstoday

Anyone going to System of a Down in Wembley this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

in case anyone missed it, Tedfest London is on again on 11th July

Now I just need costume ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Anyone going to the foo fighters saturday?
    Myself and a friend are looking for a lift there and back. Willing to pay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Anyone up for getting dolled up for the opera? Carmen has long been on my to-see list and it's on at the Royal Opera House in Oct. Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

Imagining Ireland at the Royal Festival Hall in April. Paul Brady, Andy Irvine, Martin Hayes & Dennis Cahill and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The Group

The Last Waltz" Tribute, Fri 26 Feb Islington Assembly Hall

Irish Band "The Group" and friends presents THE LAST WALTZ 'LIVE'

26 Feb 2016 Fri 20:00
    Islington Assembly Hall
    Upper Street N12UD London

Tickets ¬GBP 19.80*-22.00*

https://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/204707

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWYeo0kVrQM

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"The Last Waltz", was a live show filmed and directed by Martin Scorsese which commemorates the history and music of Bob Dylan and 'The Band' and is regarded as the greatest rock and roll concert movie of all time.
    Of course it was the guest list on the night that turned it into the greatest gig of all time as Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters, Dr John, Joni Mitchell, Neil Diamond, Ronnie Hawkins and a host of others joined The Band on stage.
    To mark the 30th anniversary of the movie, a collective of some of Dublin's most legendary musicians under the name "The Group", set about the impossible task of recreating the 2 hour show live in tribute to the original concert.
    After sensationally touring large scale venues and leading theatres since 2008, The Last Waltz Live is heading to London for the first time.
    Directed by Dublin sons The Group, this is feel good full of love extravaganza of music.

With a cast and crew of over 30 including a 10 piece band, full brass section, 13 amazing special guests, and stunning archive footage on a giant screen, this spectacular live re-enactment of the 'The Last Waltz' is a must for all who love their music.

The night is a real treat for fans of The Band, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters, Neil Diamond, Eric Clapton, Joni Mitchell etc , and anyone else who loves good-old fashioned rock and country music.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭llcoolj14

Table Quiz will all proceeds to Irish charities, Headway and Children's Medical & Research Foundation Crumlin (CMRF);

Monster Munster Charity Quiz Comes to London

The MRSC are currently running the ultimate Six County Quiz in each of the provinces counties and in recognition of the large number of Munster exiles in London, we will be hosting a leg:

When: Thursday March 10th

Venue: Bentleys (11-15 Swallow Street, London W1B 4DG).

Cost: £40 per table (teams consist of 4 people) /Individual tickets also available for £10

Quiz Format: General Knowledge with two rugby rounds

The Top 3 teams on the night will be eligible to progress to the Grand Final, being held in Thomond Park in May (*at your own expense) where you will compete against other county winners and teams of Munster players.

We've some great prizes up for grabs for each round and some fantastic prizes to be won in the final.

These events will raise money for Munster Rugby 2015/2016 nominated charities, Headway and Children's Medical & Research Foundation Crumlin (CMRF); all monies raised will go directly to these charities.

Tickets can be purchased from: http://buytickets.at/munsterrugbysupportersclublondonbranch/45871

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The Group wrote: »
    The Last Waltz" Tribute, Fri 26 Feb Islington Assembly Hall

Irish Band "The Group" and friends presents THE LAST WALTZ 'LIVE'

26 Feb 2016 Fri 20:00
    Islington Assembly Hall
    Upper Street N12UD London

Tickets ¬GBP 19.80*-22.00*

https://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/204707

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWYeo0kVrQM

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"The Last Waltz", was a live show filmed and directed by Martin Scorsese which commemorates the history and music of Bob Dylan and 'The Band' and is regarded as the greatest rock and roll concert movie of all time.
    Of course it was the guest list on the night that turned it into the greatest gig of all time as Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters, Dr John, Joni Mitchell, Neil Diamond, Ronnie Hawkins and a host of others joined The Band on stage.
    To mark the 30th anniversary of the movie, a collective of some of Dublin's most legendary musicians under the name "The Group", set about the impossible task of recreating the 2 hour show live in tribute to the original concert.
    After sensationally touring large scale venues and leading theatres since 2008, The Last Waltz Live is heading to London for the first time.
    Directed by Dublin sons The Group, this is feel good full of love extravaganza of music.

With a cast and crew of over 30 including a 10 piece band, full brass section, 13 amazing special guests, and stunning archive footage on a giant screen, this spectacular live re-enactment of the 'The Last Waltz' is a must for all who love their music.

The night is a real treat for fans of The Band, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters, Neil Diamond, Eric Clapton, Joni Mitchell etc , and anyone else who loves good-old fashioned rock and country music.

We should be seeing events like this over here in Ireland too. We have totally lost the meaning of the term country music in Ireland of late and are not all that familiar with rock music either. Country music has been replaced with boyfolk music and boybands have largely replaced rock. The artists mentioned above are all great unique talents and you could name more like Hank Williams, Robert Johnson, Moon Mullican, Elvis Presley and The Rolling Stones plus 100s more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

We should be seeing events like this over here in Ireland too. We have totally lost the meaning of the term country music in Ireland of late and are not all that familiar with rock music either. Country music has been replaced with boyfolk music and boybands have largely replaced rock. The artists mentioned above are all great unique talents and you could name more like Hank Williams, Robert Johnson, Moon Mullican, Elvis Presley and The Rolling Stones plus 100s more too.

pretty sure these guys were in Dublin a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I think its about time for a Beers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I agree! Spring has sprung, it's time for apple-y cider goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gazhoop

Afternoon all,

For anyone that is interested, London Hoops will be showing the Rovers v Dundalk game live in their new home, The 12 Pins in Finsbury Park, tomorrow evening. It is a huge top of the table clash which kicks off at 7.45. We will be there from around 7.15.

The 12 Pins is London Hoops new home this season and should be familiar with most on here. All are welcome and hopefully we can get a decent atmosphere going for the game.

Hope to see a few there tomorrow.

Cheers,

Gaz
    London Hoops Supporters Club

Search London Hoops S.C. on facebook

Would the 12 pins show LOI games generally then, or is it just Rovers games for your group?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What's the best website to look up upcoming gigs (proper concert ones) in London? Hopefully heading over with a few friends after exams are done with. We might need to head over midweek though so would want gigs on so we would have something to do. As far away from Camden Town if possible. That place scares the shít out of me and just isn't my scene :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

S.M.B. wrote: »

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

Advertisement