Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help - Make out the wording in this picture?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Occupier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

rebel10 wrote: »
    Occupier?

id second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭hayzer

Thats what I thought, but I can't seem to find this - Its in Northern Ireland somewhere in 1920's. Anyone heard of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭hayzer

I think I have the answer:

While many of the details contained in the Births Notification Form are forwarded to the registrar by the Occupier of the Hospital in which the birth takes place (or a doctor or midwife in the case of domiciliary births), it is the responsibility of parents to ensure that the information recorded in the Birth Register in respect of their child is correct and accurate. Special care should be taken to ensure that the Birth Notification Form is completed as accurately as is possible taking care to ensure that all spellings are correct etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

I dont think that is a place, think it is the work title/occupation of the person named above it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

There may be more details of the hospital in the 'date and place of birth column', if not you can narrow down the location with the registration district and sub-district details

the details in the informant column should be :

name of informant
    qualification
    residence

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 46 heidiresk

it looks like H Pearce

what kind of document is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I think it's an extract from a civil birth cert

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

heidiresk wrote: »

No, it's "Occupier", as stated in previous posts.

This is a modern example of a Birth Certificate (but from the Republic of Ireland) with the same word:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 heidiresk

on the birth certs I have obtained, there is usually a column for the name of the person reporting the birth and their occupation...

• Advertisement
Advertisement