Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slopping out.

• 14-11-2019 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

What about that guy that got over 7000 because he had to slop out [toilet bucket in cell] what are these judges thinking about ? how do they come up with these numbers, did his victims get any money from the state? It said some of this money would go to them. Only i Ireland could a prisoner get compensation, as usual look after the thugs and abandon the victim.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Crap... this will cost us a **** load in payouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

7000 what?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

decky1 wrote: »
    What about that guy that got over 7000 because he had to slop out [toilet bucket in cell] what are these judges thinking about ? how do they come up with these numbers, did his victims get any money from the state? It said some of this money would go to them. Only i Ireland could a prisoner get compensation, as usual look after the thugs and abandon the victim.:mad:

Has happened in other countries, Scotland springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

7000 what?

Virgin's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I pick up crap after my two dogs every day.
    At this stage I must be due about 20k compo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

You can’t be making people siht in a bucket to save money. If you make people siht in a bucket to save money it’ll cost you about 7000 a person which (and I’m just a plumber what would I know) would be about enough for you to refurbish a bathroom.

Treating somebody like an animal after their parents treated them like animals after their parents treated them like animals only leads to people acting more like animals.

Parents stopped beating their children in popular culture long ago for this reason, Treat criminals like you would want them to treat a victim of a tiger kidnapping. Firm but fair.

Sure a detective got was it near €30k for looking through the cell hatch and seeing the prisoner covered in his own filth.....

She said it was mentally challenging or something.

Now she didn't touch him or him her, she didn't get any on her.....

Amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

BDI wrote: »
    You can’t be making people siht in a bucket to save money.
    What about caravans?

What about caravans?

You can bring a criminal to a caravan but you can t make him siht.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Then deduct the daily cost of housing these criminals from any payout.

They should suffer.. it's not a hotel nor a holiday camp.
    As a society we are pathetically weak at punishing violent offenders.

Hopefully this stupid left wing swing in society will rectify itself to the right at some point in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

If they plastered their ****e on the cells some here would call them heroes

Edgware wrote: »
    If they plastered their ****e on the cells some here would call them heroes

Good auld bobby

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The sentence given to a criminal is meant to deprive them of their liberty not their humanity.
    This issue should have been sorted out long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Next big scandal is someone suing for no WiFi or Netflix. Oh the humanity.

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Next big scandal is someone suing for no WiFi or Netflix. Oh the humanity.

Imagine sharing a cell with somebody and you had to siht in a bucket. And leave it there till the morning when you can empty it, because your brother gave you heroin when you were 14 and it made you feel cool or tough like your brother until you had a habit. Brothers dead, only person in authority to ever be nice to you, parents couldn’t give a fluck whether you were in jail or not, probably handier to have you in jail sihting in a bucket in front of your cell mate and leaving it there till tomorrow. Worked for all the Georgian prisoners, they gave up crime after first incarceration everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Mark25

People with get angry over this for sure but the government was told to do something about this years ago and didn't do anything for years so no surprise that it happened.

Slopping out is horrible. From the details of this case the guy was locked up 22 hours a day in a shared cell so probably had no choice but to do this and would have been worse for him than a bormal prisoner. They have gotten rid of slopping out in Mountjoy now and not before time for everybody'd sake.

I bet some of the award will go to solicitors and don't know how much the guy will end up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

I honestly believe we should execute all prisoners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It takes a lot to wind up in prison here. It takes years of hard work as a criminal to actually be incarcerated. You need to be dedicated to the cause of scumbaggery.

I'm not that bothered by someone who qualified for prison to have to empty his own ****ter.

Yee do realise it isn't done anymore and mount joy for example is single cell occupancy and had been for quite some time....

Yee do realise it isn't done anymore and mount joy for example is single cell occupancy and had been for quite some time....

Do you think they would treat prisoners like people if they didn’t have to pay 7 grand everytime they made somebody siht in a bucket?

• Advertisement

BDI wrote: »
    Do you think they would treat prisoners like people if they didn’t have to pay 7 grand everytime they made somebody siht in a bucket?

For those that are child molesters and murderers I see this as a none issue to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It takes a lot to wind up in prison here. It takes years of hard work as a criminal to actually be incarcerated. You need to be dedicated to the cause of scumbaggery.

I'm not that bothered by someone who qualified for prison to have to empty his own ****ter.

Exception : not paying your TV licence
    They lock you up and throw away the key for that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

He was taking the piss...

out of the bucket and into the sewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

We need to change the wording

It's not "slopping out", it's "en suite"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't like the toilets?
    Don't do the crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

I honestly believe we should execute all prisoners.

Ok God, we'll do that.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dont do the crime if you're not fit to do the time.

Advertisement