Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
13-11-2019, 16:52   #1096
LyonsForLife
Registered User
 
LyonsForLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 10
Works for youtube premium subscription too (works on android, not sure about iPhone)
LyonsForLife is offline  
Advertisement
14-11-2019, 08:35   #1097
Nyum Nyum
Registered User
 
Nyum Nyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasm View Post
I thought I'd buy a few books with my credit before I switch providers tomorrow - waste of time! Play store throwing up error message, but 3 still deducted the money! Funny how these glitches always work in their favour lol

Same thing here too. Still waiting for the refund after 2 days now.
Nyum Nyum is offline  
Thanks from:
14-11-2019, 10:20   #1098
davegilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
I have gone the coinbase route and bought some crypto (I have 2 accounts, a mobile and also a three router) , I then created a skrill account and was able to top up my Paddy Power account. Took a fair bit of messing and jumping around but worked out in the end.
Forgot to top up the phone over the weekend and burned through 35 quid so lost out on 13 euro.
Does this work with Vodafone credit? Would you mind giving a bit more detail on how you managed to get money into Skrill?
davegilly is offline  
14-11-2019, 11:32   #1099
chasm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyum Nyum View Post
Same thing here too. Still waiting for the refund after 2 days now.
I am switching provider today so 3 have said they will not be able to refund me! I will be lodging a complaint with Comreg. 3 will be refunding me, even if it is by cheque!

*Edit - 3 have now credited my account with the price of the ebook, but have said I can not use the credit on the play store due to the difficulties they are experiencing. So where else can I spend 3 credit?

Last edited by chasm; 14-11-2019 at 11:50. Reason: Update
chasm is offline  
14-11-2019, 12:24   #1100
webpal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 872
I just got text to say it would be another 3 days. First it was 24hrs, then another 24hrs, then 2 days and now 3 days. I will definitely move if credit can't be spent in playstore
webpal is offline  
Advertisement
14-11-2019, 12:45   #1101
Quackster
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,199
Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasm View Post
I am switching provider today so 3 have said they will not be able to refund me! I will be lodging a complaint with Comreg. 3 will be refunding me, even if it is by cheque!

*Edit - 3 have now credited my account with the price of the ebook, but have said I can not use the credit on the play store due to the difficulties they are experiencing. So where else can I spend 3 credit?
All else fails, consider donating to charity.

https://api.likecharity.com/charities/
Quackster is online now  
Thanks from:
14-11-2019, 18:50   #1102
FFVII
Registered User
 
FFVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebo View Post
Can you go through steps of doing this. Would also like to top up my Paddy power with credit.

Thanks
Just give to a charity haha

Never thought I'd say that but you are just throwing it away anyway.
FFVII is offline  
Thanks from:
14-11-2019, 19:49   #1103
rubix02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Use the credit to enter competitions via SMS for example: https://www.rte.ie/tv/competitions
rubix02 is offline  
14-11-2019, 20:09   #1104
One More Toy
Registered User
 
One More Toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,669
Does anyone bother to read the OP
One More Toy is offline  
Advertisement
15-11-2019, 09:13   #1105
bennyc
Registered User
 
bennyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by davegilly View Post
Does this work with Vodafone credit? Would you mind giving a bit more detail on how you managed to get money into Skrill?
I would imagine it would work with Vf, the steps for me were a bit messy, if you set up a bitpay wallet instead of a coinbase one it will save time.

Set up a Coingate account to buy Crypto from your phone credit
I had a set up a coinbase account to transfer the Crypto into so my funds were there.
Skrill would only accept payment from BitPay so I had to set up a Bipay account and transfer from my Coinbase wallet into this.
Then transferred Bitpay to Skrill.
Finally Paddy Power top up page allows payment from Skrill.

A whole lot of hassle but passed a few hours setting it all up.
bennyc is offline  
Thanks from:
15-11-2019, 10:17   #1106
mrcheez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
I would imagine it would work with Vf, the steps for me were a bit messy, if you set up a bitpay wallet instead of a coinbase one it will save time.

Set up a Coingate account to buy Crypto from your phone credit
I had a set up a coinbase account to transfer the Crypto into so my funds were there.
Skrill would only accept payment from BitPay so I had to set up a Bipay account and transfer from my Coinbase wallet into this.
Then transferred Bitpay to Skrill.
Finally Paddy Power top up page allows payment from Skrill.

A whole lot of hassle but passed a few hours setting it all up.
So say you had €50 credit. How much in the end actually ends up in the Paddy Power account?

About €25 after all fees/conversions or thereabouts?
mrcheez is offline  
15-11-2019, 10:19   #1107
Aristotle
Registered User
 
Aristotle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,387
Send a message via MSN to Aristotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheez View Post
So say you had €50 credit. How much in the end actually ends up in the Paddy Power account?

About €25 after all fees/conversions or thereabouts?
https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/...query=coingate

35 euro credit ~ 13 euro
Aristotle is offline  
Thanks from:
15-11-2019, 10:24   #1108
Stupify
Registered User
 
Stupify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 496
So is the play store working now for 3 credit? Anybody tried recently?
Stupify is offline  
15-11-2019, 10:44   #1109
Raoul
Registered User
 
Raoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupify View Post
So is the play store working now for 3 credit? Anybody tried recently?
I tried yesterday and it didn't work.
Raoul is offline  
Thanks from:
15-11-2019, 13:26   #1110
youcancallmeal
Registered User
 
youcancallmeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupify View Post
So is the play store working now for 3 credit? Anybody tried recently?
I just bought 2 ebooks from the play store with 3 credit so it's working fine for me
youcancallmeal is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet