Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What sort of data analysis in SPSS should i do for my Attitudinal study?

• 30-09-2019 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am currently doing a research proposal for an attitudinal study measuring prejudice against people with mental illness. It is a 28 item questionnaire across four dimensions (Fear, malevolence etc) using a Likert-type scale (-4 strongly disagree to +4 strongly agree). I need to include my planned method of data analysis and was hoping to get some advice as I have not done this sort of research before. The aim of the study is measure people's prejudice towards people with mental illness. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DalaiAlma

What are your hypotheses? They will guide what method to use. It's hard to say whether to use a regression analysis, ANOVA, general linear model etc otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sinead152

DalaiAlma wrote: »
    What are your hypotheses? They will guide what method to use. It's hard to say whether to use a regression analysis, ANOVA, general linear model etc otherwise.

My hypothesis would be that the public has significant prejudice attitudes towards the mentally ill

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Can't help with the method, but an angle to at least consider is, the biological idea of mental illness has increased stigma in the community and self stigma. Some mental health "campaigners" shun the green ribbon as some of it's funding comes from those who benefit from the biological idea, ie pharma.
    Both are from John Read as they deal specifically with stigma.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09638230123129
    https://aps.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00050060701280607

Advertisement