I am planning a move to London in the near future (6 months - 1 year away). I am a graduate software engineer working in a reputable company in Ireland. This company has offices in London but they are not very central. I have been in the company for 3 months as of now. I will be moving with my partner who is non-EU who has a work permit to work in Ireland but not in England. We plan to marry within the next couple of months. She is a digital marketing executive with limited experience.
So my queries are as follows:
1. I have done some research that states I will be eligible to work in the UK (brexit or no deal brexit), but would my partner be able to gain a work permit on the basis of being married to an Irish citizen?
2. What is the best way to move all of our belongings to the UK? (Clothes, Furniture, etc..)
3. What are the best areas to live? We are looking at a 1-2 bedroom apartment costing around £1200 - £1500 a month. We were looking mainly in the Stratford area, open to suggestions.
4. Would it be relatively straight forward in finding work in our respective fields? And if so, what are the salary expectations within these fields.
5. Should I try and force a swap with my current company to one of the London offices, or should I find another company - relates to question 4, depending on how easy it is to find work.
I know there is a super thread for these queries but it seems as though it is dead and it has not had a post in while. Mods feel free to move my thread if need be.