Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dartford Crossing fine

• 02-01-2019 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I visited Brighton in September last year and instead of taking the public transportation from the airport I decided to rent a car. A few days after my return, I got a penalty charge notice on post mail here in Ireland from Dart Charge - that on the 29th of September I was on Dartford Crossing and didn't pay the fee. At that time I didn't even know what Dartford Crossing was, but I said I'd better pay the fine instead of arguing with anyone, especially since I could pay only half of it. I made the payment (£35) and thought everything is in order.
    Today (2nd of Jan 2019) I got another post mail - this time a Charge Certificate, that I have to pay another €127 - Initially I thought it's a mistake, and I wanted to contact them to say that I've already paid. Then I noticed that this second letter is for another date - the 27th - which I guess was on my way to Brighton.
    Any piece of advice you could give me, how should I deal with this? Thank you for all your thoughts and support.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

gheghici wrote: »
    I visited Brighton in September last year and instead of taking the public transportation from the airport I decided to rent a car. A few days after my return, I got a penalty charge notice on post mail here in Ireland from Dart Charge - that on the 29th of September I was on Dartford Crossing and didn't pay the fee. At that time I didn't even know what Dartford Crossing was, but I said I'd better pay the fine instead of arguing with anyone, especially since I could pay only half of it. I made the payment (£35) and thought everything is in order.
    Today (2nd of Jan 2019) I got another post mail - this time a Charge Certificate, that I have to pay another €127 - Initially I thought it's a mistake, and I wanted to contact them to say that I've already paid. Then I noticed that this second letter is for another date - the 27th - which I guess was on my way to Brighton.
    Any piece of advice you could give me, how should I deal with this? Thank you for all your thoughts and support.

Ya been stung with the dartford crossing loads of times. I always forget to pay.

I assume you are getting the charge via your rental company.

So your options are:
    1. Pay the fine.
    2. Dont pay the fine and hope they dont bring you to court.

Advertisement