Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postmobile €20 Calls/Texts/16Gb

• 07-10-2019 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭

https://postmobile.ie/product/all-you-need-prepay-plan/#terms

Postmobile have unlimited calls, texts and 16Gb data for only €20 a months (31 days if on auto topup).
    Seems a good deal as its on the vodafone network although its only 3G data but that would be ok for most as the reception would be very good.
    3000mins and texts FUP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

You also get €5 general credit which lasts for 35 days.
    Unused data also carries forward to the next month.
    See terms below...

TERMS OF PLAN
    *‘ALL YOU NEED 16GB’ PREPAY PLAN

Requires €20 top up every 28 days (or every 31 days if on Auto Top-up).

No Contracts – cancel anytime! You stay in control

Plan includes 16GB Data, Unlimited Calls and Texts to any network and €5 general credit. Fair Usage applies to Calls and Texts**.

AUTO TOP UP

With Postmobile’s Auto Top Up you can easily set up your account to automatically top up by either €10, €20 or €30 on a day of your choosing. Avoid any hassel with having to manually top up your phone. With Auto Top Up, you’re much less likely to experience the frustration of running out of credit.

TOTAL ROLLOVER: With Total Rollover on All You Need Plan any unused data will carry forward to the next month once you reactivate your monthly plan by topping up by €20 or more within 28 days*.
    All unused Data will expire after 28 Days if €20 or more top up is not applied within the 28 day period (31 days on Auto Top Up).

Unused General credit will expire after 35 days. This promotion can only be applied twice in a 28 day period.

**3000 minutes and 3000 texts per month.

Postmobile

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Going to try calling into the Post Office tomorrow asking about this as ordering online seems to suggest you pay a once off €20 for the sim and then you have to apply another €20 credit for the plan. Could be wrong though. Great deal all the same apart from the 3G thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

TheDriver wrote: »
    https://postmobile.ie/product/all-you-need-prepay-plan/#terms

Postmobile have unlimited calls, texts and 16Gb data for only €20 a months (31 days if on auto topup).
    Seems a good deal as its on the vodafone network although its only 3G data but that would be ok for most as the reception would be very good.
    3000mins and texts FUP.

Where does it say 3G only?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

try wrote: »
    Where does it say 3G only?

Check their coverage map. No 4G. That's a dealbreaker for me anyway.

https://postmobile.ie/why-postmobile/coverage-map/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Eir has 4G and Wifi calling on the sim only Connect 30 plan and its €14.99 for 6 months so worth considering also.

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

3G on Vodafone might be as fast as 4g from eir in general countryside areas plus most phones can't deal with fast 4G. The Vodafone reception compared to eir would be a factor. Not a bad deal overall

I have an old vodafone sim which can't do 4G and I can get 15-20Mb on 3G when eir 4G is only giving me 10Mb.
    I assume postmobile gets same 3G speeds as a vodafone 3G. (unlike tesco/lyca on three)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

When I previously had Vodafone, my Dad (on Post Mobile) got roughly the same speed as my phone in 3G mode, up to 20Mbps on speed tests depending on the area. YouTube and WhatsApp video calls both work fine.

Tethering also works fine on Post Mobile, very useful whenever I happen to be somewhere with my Dad that only has Vodafone reception and need to get online.

For example, in the nearby village Carrick (Co. Donegal), there's no Eir or Three reception, never mind 4G:
    uSjamFw.png

editorsean wrote: »
    When I previously had Vodafone, my Dad (on Post Mobile) got roughly the same speed as my phone in 3G mode, up to 20Mbps on speed tests depending on the area. YouTube and WhatsApp video calls both work fine.

Tethering also works fine on Post Mobile, very useful whenever I happen to be somewhere with my Dad that only has Vodafone reception and need to get online.

For example, in the nearby village Carrick (Co. Donegal), there's no Eir or Three reception, never mind 4G:
    uSjamFw.png

That's good enough for me. Tried an Eir €20 sim in dual for the month while I waited to use up €20 credit Vodafone gave me (for some reason) when I left billpay. Eir don't hold a candle to Vodafone on coverage where I am. I'm finding it hard to see where 4G, while preferable, is a necessity personally.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I have an old vodafone sim which can't do 4G and I can get 15-20Mb on 3G when eir 4G is only giving me 10Mb.
    I assume postmobile gets same 3G speeds as a vodafone 3G. (unlike tesco/lyca on three)

Yeah, Postmobile is a Vodafone white-label product as opposed to a proper MVNO (Postmobile SIMs work in phones locked to Vodafone and vice versa). So you're getting the same Vodafone 3G service.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, Postmobile is a Vodafone white-label product as opposed to a proper MVNO (Postmobile SIMs work in phones locked to Vodafone and vice versa). So you're getting the same Vodafone 3G service.

Thats something I didn't know existed, i thought they were all MVNOs. So do vodafone monitor/manage all traffic for postmobile unlike lyca etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

westyIrl wrote: »
    Going to try calling into the Post Office tomorrow asking about this as ordering online seems to suggest you pay a once off €20 for the sim and then you have to apply another €20 credit for the plan. Could be wrong though. Great deal all the same apart from the 3G thing.

No, the €20 for the SIM covers your first month of usage too.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Thats something I didn't know existed, i thought they were all MVNOs. So do vodafone monitor/manage all traffic for postmobile unlike lyca etc

Yeah, I suspect all technical/back-office services are carried out by Vodafone. An Post only provide the branding/marketing and retail/distribution.

No, the €20 for the SIM covers your first month of usage too.

Thanks for clarifying that. I just ordered the sim last night online and the way it was worded on checkout as a once off €20 had me thinking otherwise.
    Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, I suspect all technical/back-office services are carried out by Vodafone. An Post only provide the branding/marketing and retail/distribution.

I wonder do you login to a vodafone web account/app or is there some sort of postmobile portal for bills, usage etc?

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 28,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

westyIrl wrote: »

I wonder do you login to a vodafone web account/app or is there some sort of postmobile portal for bills, usage etc?

Jim

They have their own portal. It's not pretty, but it works.

They support team seems fairly small, so you get to recognise names.

so why oh why don't vodafone just sell this as their own. It seems far better than their own offerings. Give me 16Gb 3G data anyday over 1Gb 4G data on vodafone network as speeds will be fast enough for all tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Aspider currently provides the MVNE service to PostMobile going by their clients page. There's a press release on their Downloads page under 'NVME'.

Data connectivity is also provided through Aspider's network, which shows on some speed test services such as TestMy (from a few months ago):
    bne3J93pQ.cbhyHP_zi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

3G on Vodafone might be as fast as 4g from eir in general countryside areas plus most phones can't deal with fast 4G. The Vodafone reception compared to eir would be a factor. Not a bad deal overall

Not sure where you are getting that idea...

See my speed test on Eir... PayG

Never have issues in the country where I would be regularly Mayo/Galway/Sligo/Cork

Screenshot-20191009-182926.png

Fieldog wrote: »
    Not sure where you are getting that idea...

See my speed test on Eir... PayG

Screenshot-20191009-182926.png
    General countryside, villages etc as opposed to big urban centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

General countryside, villages etc as opposed to big urban centres.

I updated my post, spend a lot of time in rural areas and only issue I ever had was in Erris peninsula, kind of a given as to where it is... :)

• Advertisement

Switched over today. No real hassle at all. Have me on the old plan (500 mins/texts 14GB) but customer care said they'll sort that out and get me on the correct All You Need plan shortly. Getting right through to customer service and not spending lifetimes on hold is a very welcome change from previous provider. The new GoMo (Eir) offer might steal the thunder on this offer however.

Advertisement