1. . Predict the "IMT" (Irish Mean Temperature), an average for five locations, Claremorris, Mullingar, Casement, Oak Park and Shannon, for October. The average for 1981-2010 was 10.1 C.
2. Predict the MAX, highest temperature at any of 25 reporting stations as listed on the met.ie website under "yesterday's weather" during the month of October.
3. Predict the MIN, lowest temperature at any of 25 reporting stations as listed on the met.ie website under "yesterday's weather" during the month of October.
4. Predict the PRC, average precip for eleven locations including the five listed above in addition to Malin Head, Ballyhaise, Belmullet, Johnstown Castle, Cork and Valentia, as a percentage of normal (which would be 100%).
5. Predict the SUN, average sunshine for six locations (Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Shannon, Cork, Valentia) as a percentage of normal.
6. BONUS: What will be the lowest observed temperature at midnight at the end of October (Halloween night) as reported on the met.ie website for that hour (in other words at 00h 1st Nov)? Location not required.
The deadline for on time entries is 0300h of Thursday 1st October, with the usual late penalties (one point deducted for every four hours or portion, larger penalties after 36h of one point per hour).
Good luck. Here are the forecasts from "NormaL" and myself ...
Normal ______ 10.1 _ 21.0 _ -2.8 _ 100 _ 100 __ 3.0
M.T. Cranium __ 9.4 _ 19.5 _ -4.2 _ 150 _ 070 __ -0.5