Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-05-2019, 10:21   #196
Nonoperational
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,084
Find the speeds massively inferior to Vodafone, but still much better then Three and useable for the most part. Vodafone really do have the best network though. Even things like seamless switching between 3g/4g etc. It's just the best. But I'm going to give this a go considering the price.
Nonoperational is offline  
Advertisement
14-05-2019, 10:48   #197
sdraobs
Registered User
 
sdraobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 223
i thought vodafone use the three network?

people go on about Ryanair having bad service. but at least with Ryanair if you play by the rules you get a good cheap service. Eir is just awful. i might see if Lycamobile have better offers. they use the Three network so i hope the coverage will be good.
sdraobs is offline  
14-05-2019, 11:07   #198
jeffk
Registered User
 
jeffk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonoperational View Post
Find the speeds massively inferior to Vodafone, but still much better then Three and useable for the most part. Vodafone really do have the best network though. Even things like seamless switching between 3g/4g etc. It's just the best. But I'm going to give this a go considering the price.
Any idea in numbers how much of a difference please

Ive a week left on Vodafone and finding issues at times with connections and then only 15Gb so looking at moving mostly for data
jeffk is offline  
14-05-2019, 11:09   #199
blindsider
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,688
I'm currently on an eir sim only contract. Rang the number and the lady said she couldn't help - offered to put me through to Eir Loyalty - 30 mins of Hold music and I eventually hung up....:-(
blindsider is online now  
14-05-2019, 11:24   #200
M7roadrunner
Registered User
 
M7roadrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindsider View Post
I'm currently on an eir sim only contract. Rang the number and the lady said she couldn't help - offered to put me through to Eir Loyalty - 30 mins of Hold music and I eventually hung up....:-(
If your out of contract just port your no over to prepay (pay as you go) and when that goes through ring to have you signed up and ported to this deal.
I did similar but I collected a sim from the shop, didn’t cost nowt.
I collected the sim at 11. Was ported to it by 12, and then signed up to this deal by 1.10.
M7roadrunner is offline  
Advertisement
14-05-2019, 12:11   #201
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1 View Post
Do they give notice to virgin or it porting they do it.
If you're on Bill pay, even if out of contract, you have to give your existing network 30 days notice.
Former Former is offline  
14-05-2019, 14:46   #202
corks finest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kaiser_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmansion View Post
Some good information in this thread for anybody thinking of switching to Eir.

My experience is that the coverage is noticeably better that the Three network, although not as good as Vodafone.
But if anything goes wrong and you need to deal with customer service then watch out!
I've already taken a case to ComReg this year and am about to start a second one to get small problems resolved. It's truly difficult to convey how inept this company is.

BUT I have still rejoined Eir because this deal is so good
Indeed, my experience with them over the years (as eircom/emobile/meteor/eir) is that the product itself is actually pretty good and competitively priced and specced for what you get.

But their billing/support/back office operations are abysmal! I too have had multiple comreg cases to resolve simple problems.

So, if it all works you'll have no problem and be happy. If anything goes wrong though.....
Not worth it if u have to deal with what they call " customer care"
corks finest is offline  
14-05-2019, 15:19   #203
reni10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 949
Can you just sign up for this offer online?

Much less chance of any mistakes happening etc. if you can just do it all yourself!
reni10 is offline  
14-05-2019, 23:10   #204
fixXxer
Registered User
 
fixXxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by reni10 View Post
Can you just sign up for this offer online?

Much less chance of any mistakes happening etc. if you can just do it all yourself!
Nope. Phonecall/Call back only.
fixXxer is offline  
Advertisement
15-05-2019, 11:01   #205
RebelScorned
Registered User
 
RebelScorned's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 394
I've read every post on this thread so I know my frustration is shared - but I am just wondering if anybody actually has the trick for getting through to customer service because i am at the end of my tether trying to get through to them. I'm an Eir customer since 2012 (Meteor back then) and I want to change my plan to SIM only - I'm out of contract since last December. No real issues with service or coverage where I am - I just don't want to be paying through the nose every month when I am out of contract and not interested in changing my phone any time soon. Why should/would I pay 60 quid a month where I can get a better package on sim only plan for 15 quid?

I went into a store months back to see how to go about changing, I was told to call online. I was obviously very naive in thinking that someone in a store could assist and I would rather speak with a human. Unfortunately the chap in store gave me a number for new sales and not the loyalty team - 30 minutes of my life wasted.

Tried to locate the loyalty number - contacted webchat - wasted 20 minutes providing them with all the information bar what I had for my breakfast that morning - only to be given a number for the loyalty team.

Tried ringing that number umpteen times - at least 5 times over the last month. 1800303452 is the number I was given. After 30 minutes on hold with that god awful music, I give up.

This morning I was determined - rang 1800 303453 - and call was picked up after about 34 minutes. Girl on phone asked for my account number (which I don't have because for whatever reason, I cannot and have not been able to access my bills on myEir) so I gave her my mobile number. After a pregnant pause, she then said she could not deal with my query as she was in the landline and broadband department and not mobile department and that she would put me in a queue for the relevant department but that it was busy and I could be waiting (having already been on the phone for guts of 40 minutes). She wouldn't give me a number for the loyalty team for existing mobile customers.

I mean I genuinely could have thrown my phone out the window at this point - being sent from pillar to post and after wasting literally hours trying to get this sorted and never getting any closer to resolution. Even though I don't have an issue with Eir coverage or services, I want to cut my phone bill massively now that I am out of contract.

Has anybody on here by any chance got the correct contact number for the loyalty team for existing mobile (as opposed to landline/bb) customers?
RebelScorned is offline  
15-05-2019, 11:07   #206
sdraobs
Registered User
 
sdraobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelScorned View Post
I've read every post on this thread so I know my frustration is shared - but I am just wondering if anybody actually has the trick for getting through to customer service because i am at the end of my tether trying to get through to them. I'm an Eir customer since 2012 (Meteor back then) and I want to change my plan to SIM only - I'm out of contract since last December. No real issues with service or coverage where I am - I just don't want to be paying through the nose every month when I am out of contract and not interested in changing my phone any time soon. Why should/would I pay 60 quid a month where I can get a better package on sim only plan for 15 quid?

I went into a store months back to see how to go about changing, I was told to call online. I was obviously very naive in thinking that someone in a store could assist and I would rather speak with a human. Unfortunately the chap in store gave me a number for new sales and not the loyalty team - 30 minutes of my life wasted.

Tried to locate the loyalty number - contacted webchat - wasted 20 minutes providing them with all the information bar what I had for my breakfast that morning - only to be given a number for the loyalty team.

Tried ringing that number umpteen times - at least 5 times over the last month. 1800303452 is the number I was given. After 30 minutes on hold with that god awful music, I give up.

This morning I was determined - rang 1800 303453 - and call was picked up after about 34 minutes. Girl on phone asked for my account number (which I don't have because for whatever reason, I cannot and have not been able to access my bills on myEir) so I gave her my mobile number. After a pregnant pause, she then said she could not deal with my query as she was in the landline and broadband department and not mobile department and that she would put me in a queue for the relevant department but that it was busy and I could be waiting (having already been on the phone for guts of 40 minutes). She wouldn't give me a number for the loyalty team for existing mobile customers.

I mean I genuinely could have thrown my phone out the window at this point - being sent from pillar to post and after wasting literally hours trying to get this sorted and never getting any closer to resolution. Even though I don't have an issue with Eir coverage or services, I want to cut my phone bill massively now that I am out of contract.

Has anybody on here by any chance got the correct contact number for the loyalty team for existing mobile (as opposed to landline/bb) customers?
you know the answer, leave Eir. Plenty of other mobile providers for about 15 euro. even if you get this new contract. What happens when the next issue arrises, you need to go through the process again.

Cheeky Eir charged my 6 euros for a few days coverage even though my sim was never in the phone before i moved back to my old phone operator.
sdraobs is offline  
15-05-2019, 11:32   #207
corks finest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelScorned View Post
I've read every post on this thread so I know my frustration is shared - but I am just wondering if anybody actually has the trick for getting through to customer service because i am at the end of my tether trying to get through to them. I'm an Eir customer since 2012 (Meteor back then) and I want to change my plan to SIM only - I'm out of contract since last December. No real issues with service or coverage where I am - I just don't want to be paying through the nose every month when I am out of contract and not interested in changing my phone any time soon. Why should/would I pay 60 quid a month where I can get a better package on sim only plan for 15 quid?

I went into a store months back to see how to go about changing, I was told to call online. I was obviously very naive in thinking that someone in a store could assist and I would rather speak with a human. Unfortunately the chap in store gave me a number for new sales and not the loyalty team - 30 minutes of my life wasted.

Tried to locate the loyalty number - contacted webchat - wasted 20 minutes providing them with all the information bar what I had for my breakfast that morning - only to be given a number for the loyalty team.

Tried ringing that number umpteen times - at least 5 times over the last month. 1800303452 is the number I was given. After 30 minutes on hold with that god awful music, I give up.

This morning I was determined - rang 1800 303453 - and call was picked up after about 34 minutes. Girl on phone asked for my account number (which I don't have because for whatever reason, I cannot and have not been able to access my bills on myEir) so I gave her my mobile number. After a pregnant pause, she then said she could not deal with my query as she was in the landline and broadband department and not mobile department and that she would put me in a queue for the relevant department but that it was busy and I could be waiting (having already been on the phone for guts of 40 minutes). She wouldn't give me a number for the loyalty team for existing mobile customers.

I mean I genuinely could have thrown my phone out the window at this point - being sent from pillar to post and after wasting literally hours trying to get this sorted and never getting any closer to resolution. Even though I don't have an issue with Eir coverage or services, I want to cut my phone bill massively now that I am out of contract.

Has anybody on here by any chance got the correct contact number for the loyalty team for existing mobile (as opposed to landline/bb) customers?
VF is waiting bud,,,,,,no comparison to the eir ****e customer care,wake up ppl EIR DO NOT CARE !
corks finest is offline  
15-05-2019, 11:57   #208
bromley52
Registered User
 
bromley52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelScorned View Post
I've read every post on this thread so I know my frustration is shared - but I am just wondering if anybody actually has the trick for getting through to customer service because i am at the end of my tether trying to get through to them. I'm an Eir customer since 2012 (Meteor back then) and I want to change my plan to SIM only - I'm out of contract since last December. No real issues with service or coverage where I am - I just don't want to be paying through the nose every month when I am out of contract and not interested in changing my phone any time soon. Why should/would I pay 60 quid a month where I can get a better package on sim only plan for 15 quid?

I went into a store months back to see how to go about changing, I was told to call online. I was obviously very naive in thinking that someone in a store could assist and I would rather speak with a human. Unfortunately the chap in store gave me a number for new sales and not the loyalty team - 30 minutes of my life wasted.

Tried to locate the loyalty number - contacted webchat - wasted 20 minutes providing them with all the information bar what I had for my breakfast that morning - only to be given a number for the loyalty team.

Tried ringing that number umpteen times - at least 5 times over the last month. 1800303452 is the number I was given. After 30 minutes on hold with that god awful music, I give up.

This morning I was determined - rang 1800 303453 - and call was picked up after about 34 minutes. Girl on phone asked for my account number (which I don't have because for whatever reason, I cannot and have not been able to access my bills on myEir) so I gave her my mobile number. After a pregnant pause, she then said she could not deal with my query as she was in the landline and broadband department and not mobile department and that she would put me in a queue for the relevant department but that it was busy and I could be waiting (having already been on the phone for guts of 40 minutes). She wouldn't give me a number for the loyalty team for existing mobile customers.

I mean I genuinely could have thrown my phone out the window at this point - being sent from pillar to post and after wasting literally hours trying to get this sorted and never getting any closer to resolution. Even though I don't have an issue with Eir coverage or services, I want to cut my phone bill massively now that I am out of contract.

Has anybody on here by any chance got the correct contact number for the loyalty team for existing mobile (as opposed to landline/bb) customers?
Ring 1800 303 719 and they should sort you out.
bromley52 is offline  
Thanks from:
15-05-2019, 12:24   #209
KildareP
Registered User
 
KildareP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by corks finest View Post
VF is waiting bud,,,,,,no comparison to the eir ****e customer care,wake up ppl EIR DO NOT CARE !
Vodafone are as bad, if not worse.

They're moving to a callback only model for support, can't ring up and be put straight through to most departments any more. Plenty of reports online of only being able to schedule callbacks days away. At least they can say they don't leave people stuck on hold, eh!!

Their social media team seem to have gone MIA for the last month - a handful of responses here on boards, no responses in well over a week on their own website forum and most posts on their facebook unresponded to bar a generic post about receiving a high volume of queries and they're working through them in the order received.

Live chat is permanently busy.

Out of the frying pan etc. etc.
KildareP is offline  
15-05-2019, 13:38   #210
shocksy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareP View Post
Vodafone are as bad, if not worse.

They're moving to a callback only model for support, can't ring up and be put straight through to most departments any more. Plenty of reports online of only being able to schedule callbacks days away. At least they can say they don't leave people stuck on hold, eh!!

Their social media team seem to have gone MIA for the last month - a handful of responses here on boards, no responses in well over a week on their own website forum and most posts on their facebook unresponded to bar a generic post about receiving a high volume of queries and they're working through them in the order received.

Live chat is permanently busy.

Out of the frying pan etc. etc.
I agree with all that. Vodafone are an absolute disaster. I wouldn't be joining them and paying them for their well over priced monthly plans. For €15pm with Eir, once you're up and running, you can't beat that price. The network works fine for me and I never need to contact their customer care.
shocksy is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet