Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possibly a great deal on youtube premium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jonnny68 wrote: »
    why bother, download the Tube Mate app for free it allows you to download YouTube videos and convert to MP3 ,etc if necessary

You can watch videos without ads on any device (smart TV, android, ios, Windows, etc). Background playback. YouTube music. It's less than €2...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

OK I got sorted and managed to subscribe via India (using HOLA VPN)

I set up a family account and both myself and OH are up and running.

One thing I noticed is that I'm still seeing ads on the you tube app or youtube website.

Just wanted to check if others are experiencing the same.

The music app is working fine (and that's the main thing) but I'd be interested to hear back from others as to this behaviour

Just wanted to clarify that I subscriped to the YouTube Music Subscription , not 100% sure if the You Tube Premium is slightly different etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

quazzy wrote: »
    OK I got sorted and managed to subscribe via India (using HOLA VPN)

I set up a family account and both myself and OH are up and running.

One thing I noticed is that I'm still seeing ads on the you tube app or youtube website.

Just wanted to check if others are experiencing the same.

The music app is working fine (and that's the main thing) but I'd be interested to hear back from others as to this behaviour

Just wanted to clarify that I subscriped to the YouTube Music Subscription , not 100% sure if the You Tube Premium is slightly different etc...

Had this myself, turned out I wasn't subscribed to YouTube premium itself, just the music end of things.

Simple test is to see if it says premium on your YouTube app.

IMG-20191107-092646.jpg

Had this myself, turned out I wasn't subscribed to YouTube premium itself, just the music end of things.

Simple test is to see if it says premium on your YouTube app.

IMG-20191107-092646.jpg

That's it 100%.

I didnt subscribe to YouTube Premium but the YouTube Music App instead.

If anyone is interested its - 149 Rupees a month ~1.90 euro for Family plan.

I'm not too bothered about having YouTube Premium to be honest - I only wanted a new music app to replace my deezer (after my year ran out).

Thanks for confirming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

That's it 100%.

I didnt subscribe to YouTube Premium but the YouTube Music App instead.

If anyone is interested its - 149 Rupees a month ~1.90 euro for Family plan.

I'm not too bothered about having YouTube Premium to be honest - I only wanted a new music app to replace my deezer (after my year ran out).

Thanks for confirming

How do i retrospectively apply for family? i only signed my account up

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    How do i retrospectively apply for family? i only signed my account up

Go here and see if you can cancel / change your current setup

https://www.youtube.com/purchases

Go here and see if you can cancel / change your current setup

https://www.youtube.com/purchases

Only giving me option to deactivate my own premium.

Also, can't remember what address I used in India... Sheeeiite

Maybe get your OH to sign up for the Family account and then invite you as a member (then cancel your own version)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Sorry for being thick ....what is music only , I only listen to downloaded playlists offline while walking dogs and at work .....

That's what I seemed to have subscribed to ...I'm still on free trial till 15th nov ....will I lose something when subscription kicks in

Sorry for being thick ....what is music only , I only listen to downloaded playlists offline while walking dogs and at work .....

That's what I seemed to have subscribed to ...I'm still on free trial till 15th nov ....will I lose something when subscription kicks in

There is a new app available called YouTube Music - check the play store for it.

https://music.youtube.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

There is a new app available called YouTube Music - check the play store for it.

https://music.youtube.com/

Yeh I already have that .... i subscribed to a 99 rubee account.. i suppose I'll find out in a few days either way ....

Thanks for help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Anyone get a failed payment from YT?

Still on my 1 month free trial so won't know until first week in December.

Signed up using revolut so hoping it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone with a spare slot on a family plan? Would be interested in joining...PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anyone with a spare slot on a family plan? Would be interested in joining...PM me!

It's like €2 for your own family...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

corcaigh07 wrote:
    Anyone get a failed payment from YT?

no why ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

i set this up earlier today and invited 5 family members and all successfully switched to premium, i spoke a friend of mine through the whole process however, he's having a issue when he sends out invites, they all get an error saying

"Trouble joining family group, looks like you're in a different country than the family manager"

Anyone know a way to overcome this?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Oops, did we need to keep a record of the indian address used :):)

Do you use the indian address as billing address in your google account?! Seems like that would fail...? Have singed up with a revolut card as payment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I have a separate payments profile for YouTube premium which has the Indian address but it's been pending a few days. This is the first time its trying to take payment, reckon it will work? I'm using my revolut card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Has anyone's renewed OK? My premium was due to renew today but it says it's expired.

When I go into renew membership prices are in €.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

Has anyone's renewed OK? My premium was due to renew today but it says it's expired.

When I go into renew membership prices are in €.

Yep, no issues with my subscription. revolut and subscribed to yt premium family India (since August)

Yep, no issues with my subscription. revolut and subscribed to yt premium family India (since August)

What way are your addresses setup in your google account?

My sub went through today as well , charged revolut 129 indian currency which cost 1.63euro

STILL cant seem to change over to a family subscription even though all help on internet tells me to go into my profile and manage my subscription but all i can do there is deactivate

My sub went through today as well , charged revolut 129 indian currency which cost 1.63euro

STILL cant seem to change over to a family subscription even though all help on internet tells me to go into my profile and manage my subscription but all i can do there is deactivate

Ok i got it to work.

Changed my location to India and went to the desktop site of manage memberships and i saw how i could update it to family and i added accounts to family for an extra 75c per month. Handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Managed to get it renewed manually. Charged me twice though for some reason.

First time I done it through the app and payment went through but still kept telling me to upgrade.

Second time I done it through the browser and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

Deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ch20

Signed up yesterday with a family account. Having issues adding family members. I get this error: Problem while joining family group
    Looks like you're in a different country from the family manager.
    Did anyone solve this issue?

ch20 wrote: »
    Signed up yesterday with a family account. Having issues adding family members. I get this error: Problem while joining family group
    Looks like you're in a different country from the family manager.
    Did anyone solve this issue?

Make sure you family members are in the same location as the lead member.

In my example I signed up in India. So make sure your family sign up using VPN from same location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

In my case, I had family already in ire group/sub. Then I cancelled and resubbed via vnp. That's all I needed

Advertisement