Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woolshed Meet-Ups - Post Here

• 01-08-2018 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Went to the Woolshed in Dublin by myself a few times last season and every seemed to be having the craic

Just wondering if you had plans for meet ups for the forthcoming season

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,819 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Might be difficult to arrange separate tables for JRG and the Patriots fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Just don't include the Pats fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Just don't include the Pats fans

I'm sure the other 2 people here will have a great time without us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

We should look to arrange a night out for one of the sundays, would be good fun.
    I normally watch with a few friends and we rotate whos house we have it in each week but a Sunday meet up in Woolshed could be good craic.

conor222 wrote: »
    We should look to arrange a night out for one of the sundays, would be good fun.
    I normally watch with a few friends and we rotate whos house we have it in each week but a Sunday meet up in Woolshed could be good craic.

I'd be totally up for this - giant bucket of wings, couple of pizzas, a few bets on the app

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Never heard of the Woolshed, is it known specifically for NFL or is it just a sports pub?

Patww79 wrote: »
    Never heard of the Woolshed, is it known specifically for NFL or is it just a sports pub?

Aussie Sports Bar but biggest NFL supporter in Dublin

Show ALL games live and the food is unreal

Aussie Sports Bar but biggest NFL supporter in Dublin

Show ALL games live and the food is unreal

Looks nice in the Google Maps pictures anyway. Used to practically walk past it into town heaps of times and never knew it was there.

Looks nice in the Google Maps pictures anyway. Used to practically walk past it into town heaps of times and never knew it was there.

We'll set something up for a game night= buckets of wings, few bets, AK47's for Pats fans

We gotta do this lads

NFL has become a real passion of mine over the past 2 years and I want into a social circle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We gotta do this lads

NFL has become a real passion of mine over the past 2 years and I want into a social circle

Same. I’ve only really gotten into it in a big way over the past 2 years, and nearly none of my friends watch it so I’ve no one to chat to about it or watch games with. Be good to meet Irish NFL fans.

As I said, id be up for it. There'll be some weeks that I wont be able to make it but will do my best to make it along (exam season starts for me late September).
    Just in terms of getting people able to make it I would advise avoiding the weekends of the wembly games as that's when you're most likely gonna be missing Irish fans. Apart from that lemme know when and I'll try to make it down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Hi All,

I work in the Shed - happy to throw a jug of beer and platter of food if a Boards NFL Meetup is organised.
    Would just need to know in advance so can get tables booked as we're real busy for the games!

Also don't forget the IAFL Bowl is this Sunday in Gorey and the West Dublin Rhino's (who the Shed sponsors) are playing the Craigavon Cowboys!
    Go Rhinos!

Hi All,

I work in the Shed - happy to throw a jug of beer and platter of food if a Boards NFL Meetup is organised.
    Would just need to know in advance so can get tables booked as we're real busy for the games!

Also don't forget the IAFL Bowl is this Sunday in Gorey and the West Dublin Rhino's (who the Shed sponsors) are playing the Craigavon Cowboys!
    Go Rhinos!

Didn't know that. The Shamrock is clashing with the hurling final but I'll definitely go along to that. Eagles pitch I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Didn't know that. The Shamrock is clashing with the hurling final but I'll definitely go along to that. Eagles pitch I presume?

They're playing at Gorey Celtic Pitch not at the Showgrounds.
    Easy to find on Google Maps - bumpy road!!

They're playing at Gorey Celtic Pitch not at the Showgrounds.
    Easy to find on Google Maps - bumpy road!!

It's brutal alright, the good shortcut roads always are. Definitely head for that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Hi All,

Miss the platter in there all kinds of goodness. If you want to ship one of those to the US for me that would be awesome :pac:

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Miss the platter in there all kinds of goodness. If you want to ship one of those to the US for me that would be awesome :pac:

GWAN!!!!

Lets do it lads

Hi All,

Go Rhinos!

what a diamond geezer

Week 3 maybe? Nice looking slate of games
    Chiefs 49ers
    Texans Giants
    Skins Packers
    Rams Chargers
    Falcons Saints

what do people reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Chiefs 49ers
    Texans Giants
    Skins Packers
    Rams Chargers
    Falcons Saints

what do people reckon?
    It'd be good to warm up for two weeks before this

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Chiefs 49ers
    Texans Giants
    Skins Packers
    Rams Chargers
    Falcons Saints

what do people reckon?

This works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

That's a great idea. Let's throw it in the diary for the 23rd September. I will try my best to make it - I always have the proviso that I have a wife and kids that have a habit of making plans for me.

Chiefs 49ers will be a TD fest

Chiefs 49ers will be a TD fest

You up for the meetup?

Loughc wrote: »
    You up for the meetup?

I'm 100% IN. Off the sauce so demand extra wings and coke refills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would be up for this as well.

My new housemate is a huge Eagles fan, if we haven't attempted to kill each other by week 3 I might bring him along too :pac:

TNF that week would have been good craic aswell

Browns @ Jets

Mayfield v Darnold

Rookie v Rookie

I'll in Birmingham so will watch it there

But ill be 100% at dub meet

We should have a mini one on GW1

Cowboys@Panthers
    49ers@Vikings
    Texans@Patriots
    Jags@Giants
    Squaks@Broncos

Sunday 9/9

Few bets, platter, bucket of chicken wings, see how it goes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm in for Wk 3, I've a wedding the day before, so nice way to nurse a hangover :D

Advertisement