Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-09-2020, 14:48   #2281
McMurphy
Bannned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
Great deal on these, they get good reviews on Newstalk and over 8,000 good reviews on Amazon.

Down to £30 too, normally about £65 I think.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ENACFIRE-He...dDbGljaz10cnVl
I bought these back in may or so, and can wholeheartedly recommend them, great sound from them, and fit nice and snug when on a run or out on the bike.

Worth every penny of what they're asking.
Advertisement
16-09-2020, 14:54   #2282
54and56

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I bought these back in may or so, and can wholeheartedly recommend them, great sound from them, and fit nice and snug when on a run or out on the bike.

Have to endorse this. Bought a pair last week as backup/gym alternatives to my Samsung Buds Live and for 20% of the cost of the Buds Live they are almost as good in many ways.

Their fit is the most comfortable I've ever experienced with earbud type TWS (the wings really confirm the fit without becoming sore at all), the touch pads work and the sound is right up there with anything I've ever had sub €100 previously plus their call quality both ends seems good.

They don't have an app or ANC like the Buds Live but for gym and hacking around when I don't want to risk losing an expensive set of earbuds these are top notch.

If I'd bought them before I'd spent €189 on the Buds Live I'm not sure I'd have bothered buying the Buds Live.

That's as good an endorsement as I can give them.
(2) thanks from:
16-09-2020, 15:25   #2283
coldfire1x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfire1x View Post
Also Mpow M30 only £25 (with £8 voucher).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones-...dp/B0832GH4WF/
I got one of these delivered today. You get what you pay for I guess

As far as cheap ones goes its right up there. Sound it not too bad. Although bass not as strong as suggested in the description - immersive bass and all. M30 plus will probably be the same.

Then again probably my expectation was a bit high. I already have a Sony WF-1000XM3 which has a fantastic sound and bass. End up making comparison with this which is wrong.

I got these to use it when out on a bike. Sony ones are expensive and I am always a bit concerned as not to drop them when out cycling.
17-09-2020, 10:21   #2284
Trojan
Ask me about websites

Send a message via Skype™ to Trojan
Recommendations wanted - I'm looking for wireless replacement for the regular wired iPhone headset.

I use my wired iPhone headset all the time - I'm probably wearing it 2-3 hours a day, either listening to podcasts while walking, or making calls at my desk. I don't listen to music much, and I'll be pairing with an iPhone.

No preferred brand and no budget limit - I'd be willing to pay for the AirPod Pro if they're really that much better than the competition, but if there's something else out there that's 99.9% at 50-60% of the price I'm good with that.
17-09-2020, 12:12   #2285
ErinGoBrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfire1x View Post
I got one of these delivered today. You get what you pay for I guess

As far as cheap ones goes its right up there. Sound it not too bad. Although bass not as strong as suggested in the description - immersive bass and all. M30 plus will probably be the same.

Then again probably my expectation was a bit high. I already have a Sony WF-1000XM3 which has a fantastic sound and bass. End up making comparison with this which is wrong.

I got these to use it when out on a bike. Sony ones are expensive and I am always a bit concerned as not to drop them when out cycling.
I got these today also, I'm surprised at how decent they are at that price. Great fit, going to try them on a run now.

Changing songs / volume by touch is a big fiddly
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-09-2020, 13:36   #2286
54and56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Recommendations wanted - I'm looking for wireless replacement for the regular wired iPhone headset.

I use my wired iPhone headset all the time - I'm probably wearing it 2-3 hours a day, either listening to podcasts while walking, or making calls at my desk. I don't listen to music much, and I'll be pairing with an iPhone.

No preferred brand and no budget limit - I'd be willing to pay for the AirPod Pro if they're really that much better than the competition, but if there's something else out there that's 99.9% at 50-60% of the price I'm good with that.
If you're an iPhone user and serious about call quality then the AirPod Pro's are unbeatable IMHO. Got a set for my wife who loves music and is on work calls all day long and she loves them. The ANC on them is exceptionally good if you work in a noisy environment.

I'm an Android user and recently bought the Samsung Buds Live for similar reasons where call quality was a high priority and I'm incredibly impressed with them. For open ear or "Live" style ear buds I can't believe the quality of the sound, the range of volume and in particular the bass. Once you figure out how to wear them they are so comfortable and unobtrusive that you'll forget they are there.

Call quality is the best I've ever experienced (can't compare to the AirPod Pro's as I haven't tried those) and the app gives you lot's of control over the sound and touch actions etc.

The ANC is "Live ANC" which means it cancels out most of the low frequency droning sounds but leaves the higher frequency sounds in. This is deliberate and suits my needs as I want to be aware of my surroundings not off in my own world all the time.

Last edited by 54and56; 17-09-2020 at 14:29.
Thanks from:
17-09-2020, 13:37   #2287
54and56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinGoBrath View Post
I got these today also, I'm surprised at how decent they are at that price. Great fit, going to try them on a run now.

If you haven't had touch pad's before it is but I quickly got used to it.
Thanks from:
17-09-2020, 13:38   #2288
ErinGoBrath

Quote:

They were fantastic on the run and thats with a hard sweat going. Barely noticed they were in, snug fit.

Very happy with them
Thanks from:
18-09-2020, 13:02   #2289
Trojan
Ask me about websites

Thanks folks, 54, much appreciated. I decided to try the ENACFIRE E60s to see what they're like. If they don't work out I might spring for the Airpod Pros.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-09-2020, 14:44   #2290
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post

Just ordered and checked all reviews thanks
Thanks from:
20-09-2020, 10:46   #2291
jjoncik

I got Mifo O7 from https://earbuds.ie/product/mifo-o7/. I like them, long battery life, superb look and excellent sound quality
20-09-2020, 19:23   #2292
Esse85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
Great deal on these, they get good reviews on Newstalk and over 8,000 good reviews on Amazon.

Down to £30 too, normally about £65 I think.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ENACFIRE-He...dDbGljaz10cnVl
Received these last week, not impressed with sound quality at all, gonna return them, I'm surprised as they get such a huge number of positive reviews.
20-09-2020, 20:51   #2293
54and56

Quote:
They were fantastic on the run and thats with a hard sweat going. Barely noticed they were in, snug fit.

Very happy with them
Just decided to order a spare backup pair (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0832GH4...d95zFbBR8NB2K) to be kept in the car and was offered a £5 money off voucher in the Amazon checkout so accepted and the total cost paid in £, delivered FOC to Dublin (I'm a Prime member) was £18.32.

Hard to believe such quality is available for €20!!!
20-09-2020, 21:05   #2294
fmul9798

Managed to get the m30 plus for 24 a few weeks back. After the QCY (great, short batteryl and soubdpeats(constant drop outs) etc I was very impressed. Only difference with the plus is the larger capacity battery pack. I would buy them again...
Use b&w wired for most things, but when you're working outdoors at weekends, the m30s are perfect. Lose one? Not to worry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54and56 View Post
Just decided to order a spare backup pair (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0832GH4...d95zFbBR8NB2K) to be kept in the car and was offered a £5 money off voucher in the Amazon checkout so accepted and the total cost paid in £, delivered FOC to Dublin (I'm a Prime member) was £18.32.

Hard to believe such quality is available for €20!!!
Thanks from:
21-09-2020, 13:36   #2295
Trojan
Ask me about websites

Quote:

Quote:
I decided to try the ENACFIRE E60s to see what they're like. If they don't work out I might spring for the Airpod Pros.
I just got the E60s. The sound quality for music & podcasts is ok, and a test call was reported as "ok" by the recipient. However, there's a tonne of voice reverb when making calls that I don't get on the wired iPhone headset.

(When I say voice reverb, what I'm talking about is hearing your own voice coming through as a strong base like when you stick your fingers in your ears and say something).

This could be something that's endemic to all wireless earphones, but it makes it pretty much unusable for me. For context, I have 17 calls scheduled for today - that much reverb kills the option of using these.

Can anyone confirm if the Apple Airpods (regular or Pro) have this kind of reverb? Am I doomed to sticking with the wired headset?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion