Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Even when it's not about the Patriots ... it's about the Patriots.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He's worth every bit of it though. One of the Best running backs in the league and probably the best pass catching running back in the league as well.

You can perhaps replace 75% of his RB skills with another RB, but his pass protection and receiving ability is a huge part of the Steelers offense, hard to replace that.

I'd be expecting him to hold out during camp again next year if he stays with the Steelers who won't offer what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

dfx- wrote: »
    You can perhaps replace 75% of his RB skills with another RB, but his pass protection and receiving ability is a huge part of the Steelers offense, hard to replace that.

I'd be expecting him to hold out during camp again next year if he stays with the Steelers who won't offer what he wants.

I think the Steelers probably offer him something around $55m with $45 guaranteed and a big signing bonus.

If that happens I think he stays. As a Redskins fan I would love to have a running back again, we havent had a decent one since Morris' big year although Thompson was starting to show promise this year.

I would love to see the Redskins throw $60million at Bell if we can keep Cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000907515/article/todd-haley-will-not-return-as-pittsburgh-steelers-oc

Munchak possibly in line seeing he turned down a second interview with the Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

If Bell hits the market there’s a good chance the 49ers might get him. Fits what Shanahan looks for in a RB and he name dropped Bell about a month ago as an example of a RB that would be worth a first round draft pick to him. We have massive cap space so the kind of money you’re talking about wouldn’t be a problem at all and could probably front load it too.

• Advertisement

Haley finally gone, clearly didn't get on with Roethlisberger for better or worse. He arguably has made Ben last more years than he would've at the rate he was being sacked before. But something had to be done and intervene. WR coach has retired too.

Amazingly every on defense sticks around.:confused:

Amazingly every on defense sticks around.:confused:

Yeah Tomlin has told Butler and his staff there jobs are safe, Hines Ward being heavily touted as the WR coach. Seen him on the sideline past few games and was wondering why.

Fichtner names OC/QB Coach, no big surprise really.

Eagles and Patriots Superbowl. Many in Pittsburgh have an idea of hell and it looks like that...

Anything to be said for an asteroid or nuclear armageddon?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Looks like promising news for Shazier.

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/959160936702627841

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

So far then...

William Gay gone
    Bell tagged
    Mike Mitchell gone
    Chris Hubbard gone

Burnett (S) from Green Bay in and Bostic (LB) from Indianapolis in. Those positions was where most people were expecting the top draft picks to go.

So far then...

William Gay gone
    Bell tagged
    Mike Mitchell gone
    Chris Hubbard gone

Burnett (S) from Green Bay in and Bostic (LB) from Indianapolis in. Those positions was where most people were expecting the top draft picks to go.

Mitchell is no loss IMO, gave up big yards in penalties. Hubbard was a good player to have around, could play in few positions in OL. Still think we will look at drafting a ILB come Draft day.

2018 then...

@Browns
    Chiefs
    @Buccaneers
    Ravens
    Falcons
    @Bengals

Browns
    @Ravens
    Panthers
    @Jaguars
    @Broncos
    Chargers
    @Raiders
    Patriots
    @Saints
    Bengals

Looks like Dobbs has made the 53 roster and Landry Jones has been cut

Looks like Dobbs has made the 53 roster and Landry Jones has been cut

Very surprised Jones was cut, he seemed a lock as backup QB. Am sure he’ll be picked up by another team though.

Looking like shipping Martavis Bryant to Raiders wasn’t a bad thing, possible suspension coming. Shame to see if it happens, man has/had serious talent.

It's a huge surprise to see Jones go alright, but I think it has been greeted overwhelmingly positively by fans.

Unusual in that it probably looks to the future more than wins this season, keeping two untried young QBs over at this stage a veteran QB who is familiar with the plans and with gametime and regular season wins that Ben also trusted.

Le’Veon who!!!

Browns tie it up

Only positive about this game so far is Connor’s performance!! 5 turnovers should have you beaten at this stage.

• Advertisement

Jesus this is dreadful!!

4 INT’s and 116 yards on penalties, it’s lucky it was the Browns we were playing as that could have been an ass whooping against a better team. I know the rain didn’t help but it was atrocious stuff.

I'm away in France at the minute so haven't seen more than TD clips...

5? 6? turnovers...away Ben showing up. Ultra reliable Boswell missing from 42 yards. He can kick that in his sleep, only missed three last year out of 60 or so.

I'm away in France at the minute so haven't seen more than TD clips...

5? 6? turnovers...away Ben showing up. Ultra reliable Boswell missing from 42 yards. He can kick that in his sleep, only missed three last year out of 60 or so.

6 turnovers, away Big Ben showing up is right, the weather was atrocious so I would cut Boswell a bit of slack for that. Positives were Connor & the pass rush, Watt with 4 sacks and 7 for the team in total.

A long regular season beckons?

A long regular season beckons?

Sure looks like it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Good comeback from the Steelers Connor is a great find could be a brilliant duo with Bell if they can get him back on the field.

Well looks like a high scoring and interesting season beckons anyway. All square again.

Edit: then in mere moments Chiefs take the lead again.

Defense all over the place this week, again having serious issues stopping big body TE’s.

• Advertisement

Take a comeback of epic Big Ben proportions to come back now. Mahomes is a great looking QB, unflinching.

Advertisement