Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

1565758596062»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just checked and it's got the correct one selected.
    Wonder if it's because I used the phone as a hotspot for my tablet, though would assume it would use my data allowance.
    Some Android phones are set to to automatically switch to the HS APN for hotspotting and you may or may not be able to change this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lenettes

Hey!

Would it be ok to top up Vodafone X with 100€, so the plan automatically renews itself every 28 days until the 100€ are used? After that the credit card won't be charged automatically, or could this happen? Thx!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Lenettes wrote: »
    Hey!

Would it be ok to top up Vodafone X with 100€, so the plan automatically renews itself every 28 days until the 100€ are used? After that the credit card won't be charged automatically, or could this happen? Thx!

No don't do that. €80 will just stay as credit on the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

That won't work as VF X needs 20e top up to activate each month so 80e will sit there as credit and can't be used to activate the plan next month.

In any case, leaving 80e credit on a PAYG account isn't a good idea IMO.

The Vodafone top up page is a once off transaction. Once there are no saved cards in My Vodafone then auto renew doesn't work.

Thank you very much! It would be ok for me to leave the 80€ on the PAYG card, but if I really can't use them to renew the plan (automatically) after 28 days, how shall I then do it? Do I really have to renew the plan manually every 28th day? Since it's a PAYG card I would not want to give Vodafone the permission to charge my bank account...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It would be ok for me to leave the 80€ on the PAYG card, but if I really can't use them to renew the plan (automatically) after 28 days, how shall I then do it? Do I really have to renew the plan manually every 28th day? Since it's a PAYG card I would not want to give Vodafone the permission to charge my bank account...

80e is a fair amount to leave sitting unused.

There is no way to renew from credit balance, plan allowances last 28 days after top up. To continue using allowances after that requires top up again but it can be left idle for up to 6 months after top up.

Top up vouchers can be bought in a shop using cash, that's the simplest way around not having a debit card.

Some banks allow top up via online banking.

I've topped up via card and online banking and never had any problems...nothing extra was ever charged beyond the amount of the individual transaction. If that ever happened then it's recoverable by raising a dispute with the bank. The only way to take a recurring payment is if it's specifically set in my Vodafone.

Thank you for the info! Ok, so I will have to top up every 28 days manually - can you tell me when exactly? Let's say the first top up is on 1st May, so I can top up at 0:00 of May 29? But the bank transfer could take a day or two - so there will be a break in which I will be charged outside of the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Thank you for the info! Ok, so I will have to top up every 28 days manually - can you tell me when exactly? Let's say the first top up is on 1st May, so I can top up at 0:00 of May 29? But the bank transfer could take a day or two - so there will be a break in which I will be charged outside of the plan?

You might be better off buying 20euro credit in a shop and topping up manually on the due date. The Vodafone app will let you know the date you need to top up.

You are right, but if I travel (UK, France) I think the codes from the Vodafone shops there will not work, or am I wrong?

nobody has an idea? what payment options does the app have?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Just get a debit card by signing up with Revolut. Download the app and away you go. Easiest option by far and free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

You are right, but if I travel (UK, France) I think the codes from the Vodafone shops there will not work, or am I wrong?

That’s right, you need to buy the vouchers in Ireland. Simplest way is debit card or main Irish banks if you can’t get to a shop.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 kowthing

Yesterday I had a chat with Vodafone and they said that this offer isn't guaranteed in the future.

No but I just wanted to know

If the plan will stay in the future or is it a promo

It's not a promo that's for sure but it may be upgraded or removed in the future that not really guaranteed.

I hope they won't cancel it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

kowthing wrote: »
    I coudn't belive that they cancel this great plan! No not really

I think once u top up on time it’ll roll on

• Site Banned Posts: 7 kowthing

I mean it because they said this to me yesterday

It's not a promo that's for sure but it may be upgraded or removed in the future that not really guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

I refered a friend to port to vodafone x, he topped up 20e last night. Do you know how long we need to wait for gift voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

So purchased a Vodafone x SIM today. The data speed is very good compared to tesco.

Tethering was not working so read some of this thread and tried a few things. Nothing worked. I remember a couple of years ago having a problem with my Tesco mobile SIM abroad and the tech told me to change MVNO type to "IMSI" which worked.

Tried with the Vodafone x sim and tethering worked straigh away.

In actual fact the "undeletable" APN has now disappeared. Vodafone live! is the only APN listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

For data are you seeing the 4G simbol? Previously when switching I didn't get 4G access, had to contact them via live chat for them to enable it, then all worked much faster.

From memory if you have Android 9 or later it prevents you from being able to change the APN once provider has set it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Yea seeing the 4g on an old Xiaomi phone that I use to tether.

I have just got the Vodafone x SIM working in my Huawei mifi. When I put the SIM into the mifi it defaulted to the Ireland APN. I just setup a new APN (live.vodafone.com) and it worked.

So all is good.

Advertisement