Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Milk Price III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

blue5000 wrote: »
    Is transport included/excluded in these prices?
    No collection charge in Kerry either unless you are collected more than 15 times in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Fixture

whelan2 wrote: »
    What's the delay with glanbia putting the milk statements up on line. Thought they were to be up on 16th of the month?

Is it not usually 18th?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,056 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Fixture wrote: »
    Is it not usually 18th?

No statement was always on line to view on 16th. Money in account on 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭topgeas

No statement was always on line to view on 16th. Money in account on 18th

My statement for October in but still showing September on glanbia connect.

topgeas wrote: »
    My statement for October in but still showing September on glanbia connect.
    Thanks must be just after going up net milk price of 38.26 cpl for october for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Thanks must be just after going up net milk price of 38.26 cpl for october for me
    Shhh don't tell anyone your getting that much or no one will believe the industry is in crisis! That's a good price above base may I ask your solids for October?

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Shhh don't tell anyone your getting that much or no one will believe the industry is in crisis! That's a good price above base may I ask your solids for October?
    pr 3.7 and bf 4.2 have a good sized liquid quota

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

What's the liquid price whelan? Good price and solids well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

The liquid price looks to be 8c ahead of base
    It's hard to work out with solids
    Mine are similar to whelan2's ending up with 38.39c
    It's a fair return and please God will go higher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Decent price here also, using the late spring calvers to help fill my winter contract working very nicely for me so far, similar litres to Oct 2015, but solids up a big amount, cheque is 3k up on Oct 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

aurivo. up 1.25c to 27c inc vat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

Hitting the 40c mark here inc coop support, baleys contract

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

How does the pricing work exactly? Mine is 4.07 4.84 and 35 cent. Should it not be higher when compared to the other figures on here or am I missing something? Delighted with the 35 obviously. Long may it continue, pity there going dry ha.

Dairygold winter milk scheme is crap compared to everyone else. Clona suppliers get 9c bonus altho a big enough chunk of their supply must come from winter months I think something 35%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

How does the pricing work exactly? Mine is 4.07 4.84 and 35 cent. Should it not be higher when compared to the other figures on here or am I missing something? Delighted with the 35 obviously. Long may it continue, pity there going dry ha.

Other prices inc Winter or liquid bonus aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

And we only get paid in March, and on top of that if we leave antibiotics into the tank we not only get fined which is bad enough but we lose our entire bonus

OverRide wrote: »
    The liquid price looks to be 8c ahead of base
    It's hard to work out with solids
    Mine are similar to whelan2's ending up with 38.39c
    It's a fair return and please God will go higher
    Nice premier bonus too

IFA: Oct milk price update: Fonterra reviews 16/17 forecast price +75c/kg to NZ$6.00/kg MS. Also, EU Sept milk output down 2.8%.

IFA: Oct milk price update:Aurivo price +1.25c/l to 25.6c/l + VAT(26.93 incl. VAT). Drinagh +1.5c/l (full Carbery lift) to 27.6+VAT, Lisavaird +1c/l to 27.1+VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/dairy/dairy-turnaround-worlds-largest-milk-processor-increases-milk-price-35225947.html

amazing how sentiment can change so quickly, markets balancing...with so much product in stores its hard to figure out, glanbia rep told me well be at 30c base for spring, couldn't tell me price for next three months but can anticipate spring price, wonder does the 30c exclude fixed price schemes as glanbia price quoted monthly is for supplies outside of fixed price scheme so we have two pricing systems within

• Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭jaymla627

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/dairy/dairy-turnaround-worlds-largest-milk-processor-increases-milk-price-35225947.html

amazing how sentiment can change so quickly, markets balancing...with so much product in stores its hard to figure out, glanbia rep told me well be at 30c base for spring, couldn't tell me price for next three months but can anticipate spring price, wonder does the 30c exclude fixed price schemes as glanbia price quoted monthly is for supplies outside of fixed price scheme so we have two pricing systems within

Fonterra have forecasted a 7% drop in milk supply for this season compared to last if current weather conditions persist out their, the lift to 6 dollars I'd reckon is as much to try and spur lads on to produce more milk as looking after their producers

• Advertisement

Nothing fixes low prices like low prices!!

I sometimes smile when people say I holding off investment till price rises but never say I'm not investing because prices will drop. Got to take a medium term view on all investment.

If you're going to get a good RoI then the investment is right regardless of price.

It's all about good and bad debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Dairygold up 2c for October supplies. At 28c now including vat and quality bonus

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Dairygold up 2c for October supplies. At 28c now including vat and quality bonus

27.5 base if that's the case. BONUS was always there only decide to word it this way to make it look better when prices dropped. I find it patronising tbh

Nothing fixes low prices like low prices!!

I sometimes smile when people say I holding off investment till price rises but never say I'm not investing because prices will drop. Got to take a medium term view on all investment.

If you're going to get a good RoI then the investment is right regardless of price.

It's all about good and bad debt.

That's where lads get caught I guess. too much done or planned to be done out of cash flow, guilty of it myself

IFA: Oct milk price update: Dairygold lift base price 2cpl to 26.14c/l + VAT = 27.5c/l + 0.5c/l quality bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

32.242 cent a litre.base price of 25.03 less vat.pr of 3.79 and bf of 4.27.kg of bf 1425 and pr of 1265.vol for month 32,341 litres.centenary co-op

Mooooo wrote: »
    27.5 base if that's the case. BONUS was always there only decide to word it this way to make it look better when prices dropped. I find it patronising tbh

Quality bonus?
    Is quality not a given?

Quality bonus?
    Is quality not a given?

Scc under 20, tbc, thd etc all within parameters and lactose right is 0.5c/l on a scorecard basis. 55 points is top for full 0.5c drops as scc rises or whatever. Most coops have something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Fixture

What's the liquid price whelan? Good price and solids well done

Glanbia Liquid price is 7cpl above the base for the six month "winter" Oct to March. Working band also in place which helps Glanbia at the top of the price cycle and farmers at the bottom. Not sure of exact figure but it's adding a bit to base liquid price at present.

If someone has some fixed milk it also adds to their mix so harder to compare prices these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Scc under 20, tbc, thd etc all within parameters and lactose right is 0.5c/l on a scorecard basis. 55 points is top for full 0.5c drops as scc rises or whatever. Most coops have something similar

Do they? I think I remember arrabawn lads mention a 0.2 cell count bonus, but don't remember anyone else talking about it. What level of quality bonus is paid by other processors? 27.5+0.5 would be the right way to describe it imo, esp as the 0.5 is added after solids adjustment

Advertisement