Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

Did you know you can check balance typing *131# and data allowance *147# , cost of call to a particular number *136*003538somenumber#
    I found it usefull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Useful to know, thanks!
    Must put them in my phone, or even save them on the sim card (when I get it).

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

Does anyone knows what method they use to identify mifi traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

You need to roam on the foreign Lycamobile network. Don't know what coverage is like in the various countries?

From FAQ

Do I need to subscribe to this service?
    Customer must top up to be eligible for this service.
    You should make sure however, that your device is connected to the local Lycamobile network rather than a competitor.
    We will then send you a text message to confirm your automatic service activation.
    Remember to make sure that (1) your device is connected to the local Lycamobile network and (2) that you have received a text message confirming your automatic service activation.

And to ensure you're connected to the local Lycamobile network you need to know the APN settings!

So in advance of traveling I'd recommend setting up the APN in advance but not selecting it until you are a abroad.

You can get the settings on YouTube. So for example Lycamobile Spain can be found here
    https://youtu.be/EqJSOF19H1M

This is for data only if you have purchased the data roaming package in advance.

Voice and text should hopefully be seamless from what I read in the FAQ.

• Advertisement

Spotted a new discount code for their bundles on the website.

Enter code LYCA20 when buying a bundle to get a 20% discount.

Offer says for a limited time only so not sure how long that'll be valid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

flintash wrote: »

TTL detection

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

breathn wrote: »
    flintash wrote: »

TTL detection
    And is there an app you can recommend to get around this for a non rooted device? Ive already ordered a sim but its no use to me without tethering for the tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

And is there an app you can recommend to get around this for a non rooted device? Ive already ordered a sim but its no use to me without tethering for the tablet.

I'm not aware of any working tool to get around it.
    If anyone needs to tether, then lyca is not for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How long does the sim card take to arrive?

So I port and get €10 incremental credit by topping up every month, choose a bundle and get a 20% discount with code, get 5gb free for June
    No refer a friend in my case.

What else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

snubbleste wrote: »
    How long does the sim card take to arrive?
    About 2-3 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

What's the story with ringing 1890 type numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone get the lyca20 code for 20% off to work. Comes up invalid for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

irishchris wrote: »
    Anyone get the lyca20 code for 20% off to work. Comes up invalid for me

Worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Has anyone used the 20% off code yet,i keep getting invalid promo code message

SteM wrote: »
    Worked for me.

Strange. I tried entering lyca20 in the promo code at checkout and comes up invalid promo code

NATLOR wrote: »
    Has anyone used the 20% off code yet,i keep getting invalid promo code message

Not just me then. I rang them and they said they tried it and worked their end?

Did you ever have a lyca20 sim before. Are you using a mobile browser?

Not just me then. I rang them and they said they tried it and worked their end?

Did you ever have a lyca20 sim before. Are you using a mobile browser?

First time user,am using a laptop with chrome browser

First time user,am using a laptop with chrome browser

That is the browser that the lycamobile rep used also and said worked her end. Might be worth a call to them if you have time

That is the browser that the lycamobile rep used also and said worked her end. Might be worth a call to them if you have time
    Just rang them there and was told that because i already ordered and registered a sim card that i am classed as an existing customer so only the 10% code will work :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just rang them there and was told that because i already ordered and registered a sim card that i am classed as an existing customer so only the 10% code will work :rolleyes:

The 10% won't work for me either though so that does not add up. Had you got a sim before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

But you cannot sign up to a bundle unless you have a sim card and you have to order a sim card..

The 10% won't work for me either though so that does not add up. Had you got a sim before?

The 10% worked for me.No sim before

snubbleste wrote: »
    But you cannot sign up to a bundle unless you have a sim card and you have to order a sim card..

True, but was on the phone for 15 minutes struggling to understand what she was saying and was losing the will to live so didnt bother trying to explain that.

Actually you can purchase a sim and a bundle together that will give you the 20% just tried it there

I rang them again there. She entered all details in and said was working fine there and to try again. I have tried every browser and pc/mobile but still returns invalid promo code. Haven't even joined their network yet and already frustrated with them

Two hours of attempting to sign up to this and am giving up. If anyone else gets this code to work let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Two hours of attempting to sign up to this and am giving up. If anyone else gets this code to work let me know

Worked for me. I used lower-case letters.

Worked for me. I used lower-case letters.

What browser and device did you use? Were you signing up to the Ireland plus plan?

What browser and device did you use? Were you signing up to the Ireland plus plan?

Chrome and PC. Yes, Ireland PLus and got it for €12.00

• Advertisement

I rang them again there. She entered all details in and said was working fine there and to try again. I have tried every browser and pc/mobile but still returns invalid promo code. Haven't even joined their network yet and already frustrated with them

Were you talking to an Irish person or someone in India. The damsel I got for a query I had was the latter and eventually hung up on me:mad:

Advertisement