Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-09-2020, 14:05   #1801
homingbird

isnt the 3 month deal 4 months as when you topup by 15 euro or more you get a free month then buy the deal.
Advertisement
09-09-2020, 14:33   #1802
3d4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Pin View Post
IMO Lyca have too many different plans and offers...
Their main attraction to me is that they do have some really well targeted plans

For example https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle/international-red/

800 minutes of land/mobile calls to EU countries for €12 a month .

What other Irish based operator can match that ?
Thanks from:
13-10-2020, 11:29   #1803
ian_m

Has anybody subscribed to the three month bundle? I did but it expired after the first month. Had to call customer service yesterday, they are currently looking into it. In the meantime I have no data or call allowance. I paid 22.50 for what is supposed to be three months allowance. Annoying.
13-10-2020, 11:31   #1804
DopeTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_m View Post
Has anybody subscribed to the three month bundle? I did but it expired after the first month. Had to call customer service yesterday, they are currently looking into it. In the meantime I have no data or call allowance. I paid 22.50 for what is supposed to be three months allowance. Annoying.
I had a brief experience with lyca years ago. Seems like nothing's changed. Plenty of competition out then now. 48 would only be an extra 50c per month.
16-10-2020, 17:52   #1805
JaCrispy

Quote:

Did you get sorted? I bought a 3 month plan on 22-09-2020 and says it is due to expire on 22-10-2020. This is what Lyca chat have to say

Quote:
Lara: Sorry for the confusion. On your account, your plan will only show 1 month, after that, it will automatically renew until the 3rd month.
Advertisement
21-10-2020, 11:59   #1806
ian_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaCrispy View Post
Did you get sorted? I bought a 3 month plan on 22-09-2020 and says it is due to expire on 22-10-2020. This is what Lyca chat have to say

I moved to another network. One week to sort out a problem and they couldn't, no updates from them either, even though I kept pushing. They just kept advising me to give it another 24 hours. Meantime I have no minutes or data to use even though I paid for it. Sure even if it gets fixed, how can you be sure if the same thing won't happen again? I wouldn't waste my time with them again. Abysmal customer service.
21-10-2020, 12:35   #1807
JaCrispy

Quote:
I moved to another network. One week to sort out a problem and they couldn't, no updates from them either, even though I kept pushing. They just kept advising me to give it another 24 hours. Meantime I have no minutes or data to use even though I paid for it. Sure even if it gets fixed, how can you be sure if the same thing won't happen again? I wouldn't waste my time with them again. Abysmal customer service.

Bollix, my first month of 3 is due to expire tomorrow so I'm almost certainly going to encounter the same issues.

Will report back.
21-10-2020, 21:40   #1808
Suckit

Quote:

Get them on Facebook.
21-10-2020, 21:42   #1809
ian_m

Quote:
Bollix, my first month of 3 is due to expire tomorrow so I'm almost certainly going to encounter the same issues.

Will report back.

Maybe I was unlucky. Still, I wouldn't go back. Keep us posted.
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 02:30   #1810
zell12

I switched from Lyca recently.
Was about to call abroad and had forgotten how cheap international calls were with Lyca
https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/rates/#/international
Yesterday, 16:06   #1811
JaCrispy

Quote:
Maybe I was unlucky. Still, I wouldn't go back. Keep us posted.

No problems on one month rollover. I got a text to say my second month had now begun. My check bundle shows it has been extended for another month.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 19:22   #1812
ian_m

Quote:
No problems on one month rollover. I got a text to say my second month had now begun. My check bundle shows it has been extended for another month.

What balance have you got if you don't mind me asking? Is there supposed to be a minimum?
Yesterday, 19:26   #1813
DopeTech

Lyca seem to have a small but loyal customer base here but they are doing themselves no favours with such complicated plans and addons etc. Then problems arise and they seem slow to be able to fix many of the issues. It's a pity they don't slim it down to 3 or 4 plans and leave it at that.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion