Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-06-2016, 16:04   #166
bk

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidom2513 View Post
I'm on 48 and I tend to travel around Europe a few times a year. I always need to buy a sim card from each country and top it up with data.

If I get one of these Lycamobile sim cards and only use it a few times a year, I wonder will it be seen as inactive and disabled by Lyca?

I have a dual sim phone, so would like to use this along with 48
Why not just move fully over to Lyca, Lycas deals look much better value then 48?
Advertisement
08-06-2016, 16:19   #167
Kristopherus

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballrusty View Post
If you order the sim and €12 bundle from Lyca when do you start to pay the €12? Is it when you order or when you activate your sim?
When you make the first call/send text.
Thanks from:
08-06-2016, 16:35   #168
StripedBoxers

Thanks OP. Just ordered one there now
08-06-2016, 18:37   #169
biebiebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk View Post
Why not just move fully over to Lyca, Lycas deals look much better value then 48?
I was thinking exactly the same thing bk
08-06-2016, 18:43   #170
biebiebie

For anyone ordering a new sim.
Use the code LYCA20 when ordering your Sim.
I waited until my first bundle purchase and the code wouldn't work. I could only use LYCA10. So order the Sim along with the bundle of your choice and use the promo code then.

I've filled out the online complaint form as I believe that the LYCA20 advert on their website is misleading for new customers.

Bk - any way you can add this advice into post #1?

Last edited by biebiebie; 08-06-2016 at 18:47.
Advertisement
08-06-2016, 18:52   #171
bk

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebiebie View Post
I waited until my first bundle purchase and the code wouldn't work. I could only use LYCA10. So order the Sim along with the bundle of your choice and use the promo code then.

I've filled out the online complaint form as I believe that the LYCA20 advert on their website is misleading for new customers.

I'm afraid I can't any more, you can't edit posts after a certain period of time.

Which is a real pain and something I feel should be changed specifically for the Bargain Alerts forum. I agree with you that the first post of an BA should be updated with the most important info. It can be a pain to read through a long thread to find important info.
Thanks from:
08-06-2016, 18:57   #172
Zardoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by September1 View Post
I use Lycamobile for over a year and indeed network is great value. Let me share with you some observations.

1. Free Roaming is free, when I was in USA my calls were simply deducted from my national bundle and incoming was completely free. There was no data in USA and if you have no phone with US frequencies then range is not so good. In Europe roaming works very well, in some places internet is incredibly fast - you need to purchase a special data bundle for that.
That is superb value.
I was in the US lately and got absolutely rode on calls.
2 euro 50 a minute on calls and texts were ~50c ,using a dual sim phone with 48months and Three.

Quote:
2. You can have phone number from USA, UK, Poland or Romania added to your SIM card. In theory that is for time when you are roaming, so you get local number where you could be easily called, but I found it more useful when I'm in Ireland and Americans can call me without paying any international charges. Receiving those calls seems to be always free, but sometime you need to pay fiver to keep number.
So you get a US number linked to your Irish number is it ?
08-06-2016, 21:05   #173
irishchris

Finally got my number ported from meteor to lycamobile this morning. Issue was that my number in the agents own words was a "fancy number " therefore they would not port it until I sent them photo id. Still don't understand the necessity for doing this but there you go.
I have found their customer service to be fairly crude but am willing to tolerate this as it is a great deal that they are running and shouldn't have to contact them very often going forward(hopefully!).
The only issue now is although I signed up to Ireland plus plan, it is only showing a balance of 80 mins. After each call today that balance reduced and reduced
Thanks from:
08-06-2016, 21:06   #174
Esel
Not your ornery onager

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebiebie View Post

I reported this post asking a mod to update the OP.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-06-2016, 21:24   #175
irishchris

Can someone confirm that unlimited national calls includes calls to mobile of any network and not just landline and lycamobile numbers. Cheers
08-06-2016, 21:29   #176
NATLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchris View Post
Can someone confirm that unlimited national calls includes calls to mobile of any network and not just landline and lycamobile numbers. Cheers
Yes, with a fair usage policy of 8000 minutes
08-06-2016, 21:30   #177

I'm roaming in the USA at the moment, calls and texts are working.

They also assigned me a US number. It says this number expires in a couple of days and I have to renew it in order to keep it. Do I have to pay to keep it? How much does it cost to call other US numbers from that number? Trying to find information on their website is a pain in the ass.
08-06-2016, 21:38   #178
2012paddy2012

Chris I thought the 15 euro deal was unlimited calls and texts and 20 GB data what that about your minutes?
08-06-2016, 21:41   #179
irishchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATLOR View Post
Yes, with a fair usage policy of 8000 minutes
Is there anywhere in their site where it stays this as I'm having difficulty with their cs at the min and could do with it in writing
08-06-2016, 21:46   #180
irishchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012paddy2012 View Post
Chris I thought the 15 euro deal was unlimited calls and texts and 20 GB data what that about your minutes?
This is what appears after a mobile call today. I just wonder when free unit balance reduces to 0 will I be charged.

Duration: 0:34:44
Cost: 0.0000
Bundle name: Normal call
Initial free unit balance: 85.0000
Final free unit balance: 50

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size