Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Bit of an upset in the Intermediate Championship tonight.
    Na Gaeil beating An Gaeltacht by a point.
    Na Gaeil the better team all night (lead by 7 points at one stage) but nearly caught at the end.

Refereeing left a lot to be desired for both sides I'd imagine.

Both sides felt the loss of key county players Brian O'Beaglaoich and Jack Barry pregame. Jack had a cast on his arm so will be unlikely to play any part in the remainder of the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭cms88

Good win for Crokes in the Intermediate final Sunday. Could be whats needed for hurling to kick on in Killarney. Parnells geting to the final will also hopefully do the same in Tralee.

Seinor final Causeway will be disappointed with their display in the first half and just left themselves with too much to do in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭dobman88

Anyone want to have a go at this? Has me stumped.

https://twitter.com/AdamMoynihan/status/1308363053407363074?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Forge83

cms88 wrote: »
    Good win for Crokes in the Intermediate final Sunday. Could be whats needed for hurling to kick on in Killarney. Parnells geting to the final will also hopefully do the same in Tralee.

Seinor final Causeway will be disappointed with their display in the first half and just left themselves with too much to do in the end.

Having Parnells as a new separate club will help massively for hurling in Tralee. Removing any football rivalries in the town and a committee fully focussed on the development of hurling is massive. Hopefully they will get a home of their own soon as that would be a huge step forward.

As for Kilmoyley V Causeway, Kilmoyley got their tactics spot on and shell shocked Causeway in the first half. Their full forward kept pulling the Causeway full back out to create space in behind for O Connor who’s pace and 2 goals won the match. That along with closing Causeway down fast in numbers. Great comeback from Causeway in the second half with Sean Leahy and Brandon Barrett the stand out players who both came on as subs. But Kilmoyley deserved the win and I don’t think anyone would argue. Ref gave Kilmoyley a few soft frees alright which is the only gripe in the game. Daniel Collins second half free from near his own 45 was top class, however Jason Diggins holding him scoreless from play was also top class.
    I think everyone is thankful that we had a hurling championship at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Forge83 wrote: »
    Having Parnells as a new separate club will help massively for hurling in Tralee. Removing any football rivalries in the town and a committee fully focussed on the development of hurling is massive. Hopefully they will get a home of their own soon as that would be a huge step forward.

As for Kilmoyley V Causeway, Kilmoyley got their tactics spot on and shell shocked Causeway in the first half. Their full forward kept pulling the Causeway full back out to create space in behind for O Connor who’s pace and 2 goals won the match. That along with closing Causeway down fast in numbers. Great comeback from Causeway in the second half with Sean Leahy and Brandon Barrett the stand out players who both came on as subs. But Kilmoyley deserved the win and I don’t think anyone would argue. Ref gave Kilmoyley a few soft frees alright which is the only gripe in the game. Daniel Collins second half free from near his own 45 was top class, however Jason Diggins holding him scoreless from play was also top class.
    I think everyone is thankful that we had a hurling championship at all.

I think it was one of the best championships in a long time with some very close games, the two teams in the final could have easily gone out in the quarter final stage
    Two very good county finals, the talent in the intermediate final is wasted at that level they should really consider making up a South Kerry team to play in the league and championship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I think it was one of the best championships in a long time with some very close games, the two teams in the final could have easily gone out in the quarter final stage
    Two very good county finals, the talent in the intermediate final is wasted at that level they should really consider making up a South Kerry team to play in the league and championship

Kilgarvan were going to enter a team in division one this year before the outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

dobman88 wrote: »
    Anyone want to have a go at this? Has me stumped.

https://twitter.com/AdamMoynihan/status/1308363053407363074?s=19

Must be Mid Kerry v O Rahillys
    County final. not sure of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

fearruanua wrote: »
    Must be Mid Kerry v O Rahillys
    County final. not sure of the year.

It is.
    Aidan O Shea 1-1
    David Moran 0-1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Disaster of a situation with the streaming of the County Final.

Site has crashed a couple of times already and is currently down for the last 5 minutes and has missed 4 scores.

Back now having missed 8 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Forge83

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Disaster of a situation with the streaming of the County Final.

Site has crashed a couple of times already and is currently down for the last 5 minutes and has missed 4 scores.

Back now having missed 8 minutes.
    Is it the server not being able to cope with the number of people streaming I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Bit of a snub by RTE no offense to cavan SF and well entitled to be on TV but could have put 2 them on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

kerryjack wrote: »
    Bit of a snub by RTE no offense to cavan SF and well entitled to be on TV but could have put 2 them on

Maybe the county board didn't want to. Would take a hit on the streaming revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Maybe the county board didn't want to. Would take a hit on the streaming revenue.

That's exactly why it is.

RTE asked to have it and county board refused. Shambles

It is a shambles what about all the fine footballing folk at home and never heard of Facebook or streaming.

It is a shambles what about all the fine footballing folk at home and never heard of Facebook or streaming.

I can understand them wanting the revenue and i was very happy to.support it but that's 3 streams now that have crashed and they would want to be refunding for this now.

I can understand them wanting the revenue and i was very happy to.support it but that's 3 streams now that have crashed and they would want to be refunding for this now.

Mayo GAA TV has some huge issues this year as well. I got refunds for the three times I paid as it wasn't fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Cavan final was a hell of a lot better than the Kerry one.

Mayo GAA TV has some huge issues this year as well. I got refunds for the three times I paid as it wasn't fit for purpose.

Yeah I got a refund from them and they put games on for free as a goodwill gesture. I wont hold my breath for Kerry to issue refunds. Just silence and hope people forget about it

Yeah I got a refund from them and they put games on for free as a goodwill gesture. I wont hold my breath for Kerry to issue refunds. Just silence and hope people forget about it

That feee stream went off without a hitch.

• Advertisement

Ya nothing wrong with the concept 5 euro to watch a match on Saturday night and supporting the gaa as well but it has to be reliable and it's not.

That feee stream went off without a hitch.

Yeah, saw a few lads mentioning the irony of that here and elsewhere. I've also watched a few of my own clubs games which were streamed for free by Killarney based company Sideline Eye. They were all perfect quality with commentary so not sure why a local company was overlooked and the job outsourced to people that couldn't provide a reliable stream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Anyone know anything bout that Dara Roche guy... looks a good footballer... strong and mobile... well able to score goals... what age is he? Has he played with Kerry underage?

Anyone know anything bout that Dara Roche guy... looks a good footballer... strong and mobile... well able to score goals... what age is he? Has he played with Kerry underage?

Hes 25 now. Not saying his time has passed with Kerry but maybe a bad time for him to come through with so much talent in ahead of him. I'd definitely have him in the "best of the rest" category. Won a junior all Ireland with Kerry in 2016 as far as I remember. I'm not sure about his underage journey.

Played very well and stood up in the semi final when he was needed with Clifford suspended. A really enjoyable footballer to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Hes 25 now. Not saying his time has passed with Kerry but maybe a bad time for him to come through with so much talent in ahead of him. I'd definitely have him in the "best of the rest" category. Won a junior all Ireland with Kerry in 2016 as far as I remember. I'm not sure about his underage journey.

Played very well and stood up in the semi final when he was needed with Clifford suspended. A really enjoyable footballer to watch.

He was on the U21 panel for two years.
    Not 100% but don't think he was involved at minor level.
    Excellent club footballer but just below Kerry intercounty level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    He was on the U21 panel for two years.
    Not 100% but don't think he was involved at minor level.
    Excellent club footballer but just below Kerry intercounty level.

The same was said about Conor Cox... we know how that turned out

Yeah, saw a few lads mentioning the irony of that here and elsewhere. I've also watched a few of my own clubs games which were streamed for free by Killarney based company Sideline Eye. They were all perfect quality with commentary so not sure why a local company was overlooked and the job outsourced to people that couldn't provide a reliable stream

Sideline Eye uses YouTube to broadcast games which I'd imagine is a large part of why he hasn't had any reliability issues.

I'd love to hear someone with more knowledge of the technicalities of streaming make a case for why clubs/counties should use anything besides YouTube given it's free and it's reliability. I've watched Sigerson and Munster schools finals on it the last few years and it seems by far the best option in terms of reliability and quality to me.

You think it would be relatively easy to set it up as a backup stream in case the other streaming option had issues.

I didn't have any problems with my stream of the game.

Sideline Eye will be broadcasting the Crokes Legion O'Donoghue Cup game tomorrow with throw-in at 2pm. Should be a hum-dinger.

Grand for all parties.
    He won a Connacht medal starting pretty much every game for Roscommon and got a nomination for an All-Star as opposed to at best sitting on the bench for Kerry.

Like Cox I think Roche would probably get on a fair chunk of county teams if he was in a different county but he's just that level below the other options for a Kerry team looking to win All-Irelands.

Conor still wouldnt get into the current Kerry team. Hes a decent player for Roscommon but wouldnt be up to standards for Kerry.

• Advertisement

RTE was supposedly offering only €5k which you'd think would pale in consideration to what the streaming would bring in.

I'll be the bigger man and not make any comment on Cavan folk's unwillingness to pay for a stream but the fact that the Cavan County Board agreed doesn't do much to disprove the stereotype.

Advertisement