Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Slattsy wrote: »
    Fancy Enable today.

Thanks for the tip man. Trebled him with dream of dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thanks for the tip man. Trebled him with dream of dreams.

That's what I'm here. Helping people beat the bookies!

What a horse The Storyteller is. I'd love one like him.

An eleventh hour rug-pull at Donny.. Crowds are cancelled at the Leger meeting
    from tomorrow onwards.... Only yesterday there was an interview with one of the
    'chiefs' (didn't catch his name) from Doncaster going on about tables/groups/designated barpersons/
    bookies/toilets etc for each individual group.... As well as the protocols for gaining entry - including people
    (some from other racecourses) to look on/oversee etc.. as well as them having the power/authority to eject anyone
    going against protocols.

Breaking news this was on SSR about 12 O'clock... Wonder what happened that led them to change their
    minds.... Bit of a joke really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭kksaints

An eleventh hour rug-pull at Donny.. Crowds are cancelled at the Leger meeting
    from tomorrow onwards.... Only yesterday there was an interview with one of the
    'chiefs' (didn't catch his name) from Doncaster going on about tables/groups/designated barpersons/
    bookies/toilets etc for each individual group.... As well as the protocols for gaining entry - including people
    (some from other racecourses) to look on/oversee etc.. as well as them having the power/authority to eject anyone
    going against protocols.

Breaking news this was on SSR about 12 O'clock... Wonder what happened that led them to change their
    minds.... Bit of a joke really

Their case per 100,000 went above 10 is what's caused it according to the Racing Post although there have been new restrictions on social gatherings introduced in the UK in the last 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Are you on Logician today Slatts?

The Mig wrote: »
    Are you on Logician today Slatts?

Balls deep. Serious word going around. Got on at 1/8 so got the value at least!!

Never in doubt :cool:

Never in doubt :cool:

The value bet of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

For those lucky enough to have a bet365 account, you won't find many more better 100/1 shots than Never Back Down tomorrow night who has some good form at Dundalk. Has flopped on the turf but could be reenergised tomorrow. I'd have backed this at 20s tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Can we have a name change to Pat Smullen
    Appreciation thread TMYPOTMYNH

For those lucky enough to have a bet365 account, you won't find many more better 100/1 shots than Never Back Down tomorrow night who has some good form at Dundalk. Has flopped on the turf but could be reenergised tomorrow. I'd have backed this at 20s tbh

Into 40s now. Anyone that got 100 won't be able to bet with them again.

33s with pp

Into 40s now. Anyone that got 100 won't be able to bet with them again.

They held it two hours and it's not a palp. May kill some though if on the edge.

Had a few max bets on this lad this summer.
    Hood worked a treat last day so hopefully stall issues are sorted.
    The only thing that was stopping me putting the house on him is the jockey. His record is absolutely appalling. So much so that I have it in my head that Ado puts him on the ones that definitely aren't supposed to win.
    Now that you've put him up I think I'll have to reconsider.

Had a few max bets on this lad this summer.
    Hood worked a treat last day so hopefully stall issues are sorted.
    The only thing that was stopping me putting the house on him is the jockey. His record is absolutely appalling. So much so that I have it in my head that Ado puts him on the ones that definitely aren't supposed to win.
    Now that you've put him up I think I'll have to reconsider.

Yeah doesn't seem too hot but he gave Raphael a nice ride one day down in Killarney I think it was to win for these owners

Yeah doesn't seem too hot but he gave Raphael a nice ride one day down in Killarney I think it was to win for these owners

Yeah same crowd. To be fair he doesn't seem to be giving them stinkers or anything... just that he's getting the leg up on the pigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

The only thing that was stopping me putting the house on him is the jockey.

THe mInD BogGleS....:eek::confused::pac: yeah actually it makes sense ... I'd put a house on him.... YOUR house!!!!

Oh and just to add a sprinkle of sanity to this Never Back Down's form is all on UK all-weather tracks......>2 years ago.... would not describe the form at Dundalk as any way great.

THe mInD BogGleS....:eek::confused::pac: yeah actually it makes sense ... I'd put a house on him.... YOUR house!!!!

Oh and just to add a sprinkle of sanity to this Never Back Down's form is all on UK all-weather tracks......>2 years ago.... would not describe the form at Dundalk as any way great.

Just the runner up over course and distance off ten pounds higher to a horse that won its next two last year.

So close

• Advertisement

Jog on clown.

Fierce devo all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Wow - great call. So close and 2nd still a great result. Well done.

Shout pc

Hopefully some got on at 100s on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

You're back!!! great shout PC

Hopefully this will be picked up here.... quick question.

What is the best mobile site that will allow me to view a horse and tell me clearly and simply its last winning mark -v- current mark? Essentially telling me 'this horse is 10lb below/above lwm or something similar.

Hopefully this will be picked up here.... quick question.

What is the best mobile site that will allow me to view a horse and tell me clearly and simply its last winning mark -v- current mark? Essentially telling me 'this horse is 10lb below/above lwm or something similar.

For Irish ponies, irishracing.com will give you lwm if horse is below the lwm!

For Irish ponies, irishracing.com will give you lwm if horse is below the lwm!

Well thats a start!

The Middle Park and Cheveley Park on Saturday look like cracking renewals

The Middle Park and Cheveley Park on Saturday look like cracking renewals

I'll likely be balls deep in Lucky Vega in the MP.

• Advertisement

I'll likely be balls deep in Lucky Vega in the MP.
    He's the one for me also

Advertisement