Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Can't open Offers or Add ons here either. As already mentioned, Webtext has become almost unusable with the new Captcha and no Contacts. The new app is terrible and will likely drive me elsewhere if a fix isn't made soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Can't open Offers or Add ons here either. As already mentioned, Webtext has become almost unusable with the new Captcha and no Contacts. The new app is terrible and will likely drive me elsewhere if a fix isn't made soon.

Is the Webtext within the Vodafone app working for you?
    That imports your Contacts.

No captcha appears for me via the app.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Has anyone actually won anything of significance on the ' Fantastic Friday's' thing?
    Just wondering.

Won an Ireland rugby Jersey myself, haven't heard of anyone else winning anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Has anyone been charged for Spotify yet? My sub ended in 28/09/19 according to the text they sent me... I signed up for the add-on and have extra credit on my account to cover the €5 fee.... but nothing has been take so far.....

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Is the Webtext within the Vodafone app working for you?
    That imports your Contacts.

No captcha appears for me via the app.

Have you been migrated to the new system? The issues being complained about only apply to those who are on the new system.

If you're on the new system, webtext on the app will not pull numbers from your contacts and also requires you to pass one of those very annoying recaptchas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Quackster wrote: »
    Have you been migrated to the new system? The issues being complained about only apply to those who are on the new system.
    If you're on the new system, webtext on the app will not pull numbers from your contacts and also requires you to pass one of those very annoying recaptchas.

Uh oh. I must be still on old version.
    It says I am on version 5.3

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Uh oh. I must be still on old version.
    It says I am on version 5.3

It seems to be a new system rather than the app itself - I can't find the app version I have. I was migrated to the new system without a choice a few weeks back IIRC.

Another example of 'improving' things and making them worse ...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I topped up by 20 on Sunday and still have Spotify premium, even though I got the text about the X music plan going up to 25e from 28th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I topped up by 20 on Sunday and still have Spotify premium, even though I got the text about the X music plan going up to 25e from 28th September.

Have they debited your credit €5 that was my understanding of what would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Those re the new Spotify sub if you look in the app click on the Vodafone music plan on the main screen and it says for me any way that I have 6 months free then 5er after

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Have they debited your credit €5 that was my understanding of what would happen.

Correct. As long as you have at least €5 credit balance, you only have to top up by €20. The €5 for Spotify will be deduced from your existing credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Sorry but can’t find this posted anywhere recently so wanted to check with people in the know. Is there a current way to get Vodafone X if you’re not a student or under the age of 25?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Sorry but can’t find this posted anywhere recently so wanted to check with people in the know. Is there a current way to get Vodafone X if you’re not a student or under the age of 25?
    It would almost certainly be illegal for them to refuse the product on age grounds under anti-discrimination legislation, if anyone fancies taking them on.

• Just a quick question on this, I'm new to pay as you go so forgive me if it sounds stupid::o

When I top up by 20 euro and then use up my 100 minutes call allowance, do I need to top up further to make calls or is the 20 euro now being used to pay for those calls above the allowance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just a quick question on this, I'm new to pay as you go so forgive me if it sounds stupid::o

When I top up by 20 euro and then use up my 100 minutes call allowance, do I need to top up further to make calls or is the 20 euro now being used to pay for those calls above the allowance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The €20 is used for the bundle. You would need to top up again or buy an add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

They blocked me from using the SIM in a dongle recently.The only way I could use the dongle was to come off the Weekend X plan. Not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

The gomo deal of 9.99 per month for calls, text and 80gb data + getting your own spotify premium account is looking like a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭CoBo55

My verification text from the credit union still hasn't arrived, very annoying. If this keeps up I'll have to change provider, only topped up on Sunday:mad::mad:
    Is everyone else still having this problem? Mine is a 087 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

CoBo55 wrote: »
    My verification text from the credit union still hasn't arrived, very annoying. If this keeps up I'll have to change provider, only topped up on Sunday:mad::mad:
    Is everyone else still having this problem? Mine is a 087 number.

Yeah this has been going on for about 2 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Gomo have a 9.99 offer now. Im reluctant to move as i get a tenner credit back each month that i spend on disney life but for others that dont get the tenner it might back.it might be better value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Gomo have a 9.99 offer now. Im reluctant to move as i get a tenner credit back each month that i spend on disney life but for others that dont get the tenner it might back.it might be better value.

Gomo can go whistle, Ive tried numerous networks over the years and Vodafone are the best for coverage and customer care

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Gomo can go whistle, Ive tried numerous networks over the years and Vodafone are the best for coverage and customer care

Thinking that myself too.. When it was meteor it was dreadful, maybe Eir gave it a boost but there's nothing as bad as having no coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

No harm trying GoMo and if it turns out to be terrible, back to Vodafone X for 20 a month and another 6 months free Spotify.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    No harm trying GoMo and if it turns out to be terrible, back to Vodafone X for 20 a month and another 6 months free Spotify.

away you go then, eir coverage isn't as good as vodafone and spotify family works out well for me on this plan and nobody knows if it will be available in a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Can't argue with that, I'm very reluctant to go back to Eir no matter what the price. But if people can't get TFA codes to log into banking and the such then it might be worth moving to eir at that price. Especially if Spotify offer is rising to €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

away you go then, eir coverage isn't as good as vodafone and spotify family works out well for me on this plan and nobody knows if it will be available in a few months

Hope it’s nice up there on your high horse.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Hope it’s nice up there on your high horse.

what are you talking about ?
    this is a vodafone thread not an eir/gomo appreciation thread

Customer care? I'm still waiting for my text code. My daughter changed phones and can't activate her Ulster Bank app as she never received the text code either.

• I'm sure this has been answered before, but for the Weekend X offer, is there unlimited data on the weekends while EU roaming too? And if so, is the start and end of the weekend defined by the Irish time or the EU country you're in?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I'm sure this has been answered before, but for the Weekend X offer, is there unlimited data on the weekends while EU roaming too? And if so, is the start and end of the weekend defined by the Irish time or the EU country you're in?

Thanks!

As far as I know, it is included. And in any case the start and end time will definitely be based on Irish time.

Advertisement