Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Comments

• Just throwing in my two cents about the One 2 Mini. You can get far better 60%'s than them for less money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just throwing in my two cents about the One 2 Mini. You can get far better 60%'s than them for less money.

Not used a Ducky myself but they do seem fierce popular, the Mecha series would be the only ones that might have interested me. I've just switched back to a 60% from tkl to give it another shot - using an F60 from IQunix with Cherry MX pink, replaced the keycaps with NP Ice cream set from KBDFans - love the feel of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Nebaw

Just throwing in my two cents about the One 2 Mini. You can get far better 60%'s than them for less money.

Cool cool any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,633 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Anne Pro 2 is meant to be good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

My DT 770 250ohm headphones finally arrived. They look great and super comfortable. Sound is much better than what I was using but not as good as the clouds were. I don't have a dac/amp yet though so I'm hoping these things are gonna sound a lot better once driven properly. Sounds like the bass is struggling to get off the ground, sounds muddy AF and of course max volume is not very loud. Just waiting on a the b grade g6 stock to come back in.

Now to try and install the GL850. Curse whoever designed the Vesa mount on these. Why would you ever recess the fecking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

BloodBath wrote: »
    Now to try and install the GL850. Curse whoever designed the Vesa mount on these. Why would you ever recess the fecking thing.

Some newer stands have a different mount head, which allows you to hang the monitor on the top screws (only halfway in), before attaching the bottom screws and tightening.

Otherwise, I would highly recommend getting a quick release VESA mount.

JoyPad wrote: »
    Some newer stands have a different mount head, which allows you to hang the monitor on the top screws (only halfway in), before attaching the bottom screws and tightening.

Otherwise, I would highly recommend getting a quick release VESA mount.

Mine has that which is great when the back is flat but the 850 is recessed and the vesa head is a bit too big to fit in the recess.

I either have to use spacers or shave the edge of the vesa head off.

• BloodBath wrote: »
    My DT 770 250ohm headphones finally arrived. They look great and super comfortable. Sound is much better than what I was using but not as good as the clouds were. I don't have a dac/amp yet though so I'm hoping these things are gonna sound a lot better once driven properly. Sounds like the bass is struggling to get off the ground, sounds muddy AF and of course max volume is not very loud. Just waiting on a the b grade g6 stock to come back in.

They need a good amp/dac. Saying that, you should have gone with the 80ohm version as they have the most bass out of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Mine has that which is great when the back is flat but the 850 is recessed and the vesa head is a bit too big to fit in the recess.

Then one of them are not compliant to VESA standard :D
    Few washers would sort that, make sure screws are long enough, but not to long

• Advertisement

They need a good amp/dac. Saying that, you should have gone with the 80ohm version as they have the most bass out of them all.

I think a lot of that has to do with the leather earcups vs the fabric ones. My clouds had both and when I swapped them out I noticed the bass was a fair bit worse with the fabric vs leatherette.

Technically the 250's have better bass with a wider range. (much better sub bass)

Reserving judgement until I hear them through a dac/amp. Mid's and highs are great but bass needs some work. It really just sounds like it's struggling to power the bass which is the most power hungry part. Leaves it sounding a bit muddy. Despite that there is some nice sub bass coming through that I couldn't hear at all on the crap headphones I was using.

The G6 will take it to another level I'm sure. I'm also only using spotify premium atm so that's only a 320kb/s mp3. Where can I listen to some high quality flac or other uncompressed music?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Beyers will be quite clinical, they sound lacking in bass compared to 90% of consumer cans that people are used to, the norm is to overdo it.

320s are fine, most who say they can tell the difference are lying through their teeth.

If you have one of these, it comes with spacers for the recessed holes.

ED E wrote: »
    Beyers will be quite clinical, they sound lacking in bass compared to 90% of consumer cans that people are used to, the norm is to overdo it.

320s are fine, most who say they can tell the difference are lying through their teeth.

It's not that the bass is lacking. It's quite good. It just seems in some tracks it's struggling to reset quickly enough leaving it sounding a bit off and muddy. I don't know how to describe it, I'm not a big audio head. I'm sure it's just a power issue. My onboard audio ain't great.

Some tracks when only the bass is playing sounds great, when everything is playing it dies off. Needs more juice.
    JoyPad wrote: »
    If you have one of these, it comes with spacers for the recessed holes.

Don't have 1 of those but I do have big plastic spacers, I need to use 2 per hole though and it's just a pain to get the bottom ones on.

Will have to stick them in place with something first I think. Not the ideal look but the back will be towards the wall anyway.

• ED E wrote: »

Yup. The Beyer sound which i love (own a pair of 990 Pro's and 1990 Pro's).
    A lot of people don't really like their bright signature.

Can EQ fix to taste anyway. They are overly bright and need that high peak tuned down a little.

I've always equalized that classic V shape before I even knew anything about it. It just sounds better to me in the music I like.

I've heard they sound better over time as well, they need a bit of break in time. Either that or it's just people adjusting to the sound signature of them. They are growing on me already after a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Just watched The Good Old Gamers latest video where he critiques Jay's 6900xt review.

I enjoy seeing the little guy take a shot at the bigger tech tubers and there's so many valid points put forward is hard not to notice there's a clear agenda present from Jay.

It's important to remember that the big players in the tech tuber arena are really just influencers, so be sure to watch more than a few reviews to get an idea of how a product really performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

He really needs to edit his scripts down. It takes him 3 minutes to just intro and and by that stage I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I've given up on jayz2c,hardware canuks,linus,TTL and a few others.

Those channels border on entertainment channels for me. There always trying to be comedians.

Gamers nexus and hardware unboxed are about all I watch now. Even if Steve is a hard watch sometimes.

I do watch the odd TTL video to support tiny tom,his sister died last year and he obviously took it very hard. Very sad. His videos just don't cut it if I'm looking to spend a good few hundred on something though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'm pretty similar myself. I used to watch more TTL because he would go into a lot of detail on case reviews as far as what radiators would fit, and he'd check clearances, etc. He was an absolute god-send in comparison to a lot of other youtubers at the time. Now though he seems to just hold an AIO up near a mount and that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Xenoronin wrote: »
    He really needs to edit his scripts down. It takes him 3 minutes to just intro and and by that stage I'm out.

I get what you're saying, I'm not asking you to subscribe to his channel though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Literally only watch Hardware Unboxed for no nonense OTT reviews these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Literally only watch Hardware Unboxed for no nonense OTT reviews these days.

I watch them and Gamersnexus. JTC (How is it at over 3 million subs?!) has gone to ****e and can only take Linus in small doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Do you get caught for customs buying from China?

Do you get caught for customs buying from China?

I've got quite a few bits and bobs from AliExpress, and never been charged duty or VAT. However, I never spent more than 50 euro on any one order. I don't think I ever will chance more than that, and it's not about the custom duty or VAT, it's more about me not trusting AliExpress sellers.

Yeah there is a lot of counterfeit goods in China. It's actually legal to sell counterfeit goods in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I got a new M2 drive today, the WD Black SN750

Damn sexy drive

Headshot wrote: »
    I got a new M2 drive today, the WD Black SN750

Damn sexy drive

With heat sink or without? Is it a gen 3 or gen 4?

Great thanks Headshot I'm now getting ads on boards.ie for WD black.

535754.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

With heat sink or without? Is it a gen 3 or gen 4?

With Heat Sink

PCIe Gen 3

edit

it's 2TB version

Advertisement