Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Am I eligible for UK Grant?

• 22-12-2008 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

I read that you have to be living in the UK for 3 years, then you are eligible for a UK Grant.

I repeated first year at Chester and am currently in Year 2. Next year I'll hopefully be in Year 3 (final year) but I will be living in Chester for over 3 years then.

Does this mean I could apply for a UK grant?

Surely there must be some form of financial support (other than the loan) available to irish students who study in the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

I dont know about England, but in Scotland you can still get the Irish grant. This obviously depends on whether you are eligible to get it (i.e. you are means tested).
    Your council, or VEC, will send it directly to your UK instutution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

kildara wrote: »
    I dont know about England, but in Scotland you can still get the Irish grant. This obviously depends on whether you are eligible to get it (i.e. you are means tested).
    Your council, or VEC, will send it directly to your UK instutution.

Roughly how much is it? Same as if I was studying in Ireland?

Is this the maintainence grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Roughly how much is it? Same as if I was studying in Ireland?

Is this the maintainence grant?

Yes it will be the exact same as if you were studying in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I thought you can get some support from your local VEC if studying in the UK (england/wales)? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Larianne wrote: »
    I thought you can get some support from your local VEC if studying in the UK (england/wales)? No?

yeah u can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

regob wrote: »
    yeah u can

whoo, yay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Larianne wrote: »
    whoo, yay! :)

glad to bring some cheer

Advertisement