Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭kev_s88

anyone wanna trade for the 1st pick??? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Chimi Changas are open for business. TE for sale, WR wanted!

A lovely A grade for the Porto Jags with a projected record of 13-0 and a 20.7% chance of winning the championship....now watch carefully as I manage to get myself relegated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

WITH AN OUTSTANDING GROUP OF WIDEOUTS, SAN ANTONIO COW SKULLS EXPECTS TO FACTOR HEAVILY INTO THE PLAYOFFS

Draft Grade
    B+
    Proj Record
    8-5
    Proj Finish

DRAFT SUMMARY
    San Antonio Cow Skulls will be a team with upside this season. Drafting sixth overall, they delivered a roster that will possibly lead to a postseason berth. They stocked up on pass-catching weapons early, using three of their first five selections to pick up wide receivers. Corresponding with that strategy, San Antonio Cow Skulls landed one of the best foursomes of wide receivers in the league.

San Antonio Cow Skulls might be interested in shopping a WR to upgrade in other areas. Their fourth-ranked WR, Dante Pettis, is projected to be better than the league average at his position.
    San Antonio Cow Skulls adhered to fantasy tradition, selecting a pair of running backs with their first two picks (David Johnson and Aaron Jones).
    Ben Roethlisberger, chosen with the 91st overall pick, may have been somewhat of a gamble. Across all NFL.com leagues, his ADP was 114.5.

YOUR SEASON SIMULATED

YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS 48.2%
    YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP 12.3%
    YOUR CHANCES TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP 6.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

kev_s88 wrote: »
    A lovely A grade for the Porto Jags with a projected record of 13-0 and a 20.7% chance of winning the championship....now watch carefully as I manage to get myself relegated :D

A+ grade for me, but i'm only going 8-5 :confused:
    DESPITE REACHING FOR A FEW EARLY-ROUNDERS, BARONVONBEARS HOPES TO FACTOR INTO THE PLAYOFF PICTURE
    Draft Grade
    A+
    Proj Record
    8-5
    Proj Finish
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    When a bottom-half draft slot yields top-half results, that's the sign of a strong effort by the GM. Such was the case with BaronVonBears, which flipped their last overall pick into a projected fifth-place finish in Boards Division One. They didn't overload at any one position early on, instead focusing on balance by drafting a quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and tight end in their first four picks. By draft's end, BaronVonBears secured a foursome of running backs with plenty of room to grow.

BaronVonBears hedged their bets by scooping up Giovani Bernard in the 11th round to back up Joe Mixon, his Cincinnati Bengals teammate (a 2nd-round selection).
    According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Matt Breida in the 6th round (81st overall pick versus an ADP of 139.1 across all NFL.com leagues).
    Tony Pollard is owned in less than 10% of all NFL.com leagues (9%). Perhaps he will reward BaronVonBears for their faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I always wondered why Int's are only -1 in this league. Must bring it up with the overall commish for next year. Now, granted I won my matchup this week, but really INT's should be -2 I think.

Thank god for Jordan Howard :eek:

thought my season was over with Saquon going down now just praying to God that the Eagles keep rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Mixon gets dropped & is picked up by the 3-1, Div 4 leading honey badgers. A clear case of the rich getting richer 😂
    RB’s
    Freeman
    Hyde
    Mixon

WR’s
    Adams
    Cooks
    Gordon

Pretty sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Mixon gets dropped & is picked up by the 3-1, Div 4 leading honey badgers. A clear case of the rich getting richer 😂
    RB’s
    Freeman
    Hyde
    Mixon

WR’s
    Adams
    Cooks
    Gordon

Pretty sweet

Tbf, Carlos Hyde is the only one of those to have exceeded expectations. The rest of those have underperformed with the exception of one week for Freeman & Adams. Still lost this weekend.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Tbf, Carlos Hyde is the only one of those to have exceeded expectations. The rest of those have underperformed with the exception of one week for Freeman & Adams. Still lost this weekend.

I hear you. It’s a nice pickup though & fair play!!
    I reckon you’ll be in good shape as the season progresses!

• Advertisement

I hear you. It’s a nice pickup though & fair play!!
    I reckon you’ll be in good shape as the season progresses!

Hopefully. Famous last words and all that but the nfl.com predictor had me going something silly like 1-12 after the draft. And I had been pleased with it :o

As for this week, found myself chasing Russel Wilson's big performance Thursday night and tried to be too smart. Thought I'd need a big performance of my own to stand a chance of winning so started Demarcus Robinson as a flex thinking KC v Indy would be a high scoring game and he could go off, whereas if I had just started Hyde and taken the safer points as I should have I would've won.

Hey lads, commish here.

I think we need an explanation of why someone would drop Joe Mixon. And to the guy who's in my division and leading it!

Hey lads, commish here.

I think we need an explanation of why someone would drop Joe Mixon. And to the guy who's in my division and leading it!

I mean I was third in the waiver priority so I wasn’t going to let him just slip by.....

But I lost anyway so there’s that :pac:

Hey lads, commish here.

Was he dropped by mistake???

Hey lads, commish here.

Was he dropped by mistake???

Yeah, I dropped him by mistake, was supposed to drop Giovanni.

Them's the breaks :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

BaronVon wrote: »
    Yeah, I dropped him by mistake, was supposed to drop Giovanni.

Them's the breaks :mad::mad:

You should have put it up here, if by mistake people prob would have let ya pick him back up.

tough break lad

jester1980 wrote: »
    You should have put it up here, if by mistake people prob would have let ya pick him back up.

tough break lad

Can the Commish step in & make things right again?

jester1980 wrote: »

tough break lad

I was going to, but my team is pretty bad anyway, and he's certainly not helping matters. I'll manage....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can the Commish step in & make things right again?

Probably too late at this stage.

I'm OK with it, Mixon was doing sweet F all anyway.....

• Advertisement

Final standings .... congrats to the Blu York Giants

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Reminder to post on the below thread if you want to play again this season:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058091860

Have sent out invites to new players. Once we get everyone locked in, we'll organise a draft date.

JF

Ok, all 16 players are in. I have set up the Draft date poll.
    Please vote, voting closes on 21st August at 10pm.

https://doodle.com/poll/crqm86e4xkz3pg9m

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Looks like Sunday the 6th at 9pm so?

Draft set for Sunday 6th at 9pm!

Poxy second pick :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Guffy

Are the schedules gonna be adjusted?

Forgot it was ppr :(

Happy enough with my draft, although I normally am, and it doesn't pan out the way I had expected.....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Guffy

Who's the commish? Doesn't the schedule need to be reset ahead of tomorrow's game?

Advertisement