Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019/2020 Games

• 16-06-2019 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just thought I'd start a thread to see if anybody if travelling for any games this year?

Heading to Baltimore in September myself for Ravens v Browns. My first time getting to see the Ravens.

So, any body else plan to head over for a game or two?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I'm going to Lambeau Field as soon as the season is over for the tour etc, but no game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

I hope to head to Metlife in November or December to see either the Cowboys or Packers. Will be my first time to see the Giants

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Going to the Titans @ Browns one opening weekend (in Boston for work so a short flight).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I live 5 hours drive from Seattle across the border so I'm heading down for a game later in the year. Can choose between v Bucs early November or Vikings early December. I have a soft spot for the Bucs for pure entertainment value, could see the Vikings one end 17-9 or something like that. Will be travelling with a Ravens fan, 49rs fan, Saints fan and Browns fan (me) so no direct interest in the game, just a first time for all of us. Any help in deciding?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I live 5 hours drive from Seattle across the border so I'm heading down for a game later in the year. Can choose between v Bucs early November or Vikings early December. I have a soft spot for the Bucs for pure entertainment value, could see the Vikings one end 17-9 or something like that. Will be travelling with a Ravens fan, 49rs fan, Saints fan and Browns fan (me) so no direct interest in the game, just a first time for all of us. Any help in deciding?

I'd personally go to the Vikes game because I'd rather watch 2 good teams (especially in December as both will likely be vying for a playoff spot), but the Buccs will probably be a more 'fun' game alright. Completely depends on what ye want to see tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Vikings fan heading to my first nfl game stateside vs. the raiders (seen them play the browns in london). Basing my summer/autumn holiday around it. 4 nights Minneapolis, 4 nights Chicago and 5 nights Toronto. Have stadium tour booked too!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce

Browns fan going to Cleveland to watch the Rams and hope to get down to see Ohio state play the day before
    Going to Washington then and might get to see the Redskins but going to Baltimore to see the Browns & Ravens

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

I am heading over to the Seahawks Vikings MNF in December. I am flying over on Thanksgiving and I will go to the Huskies/Cougars Apple Cup game on the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Was hoping to head to an ND game and a Bears game on a single weekend, but not sure that'll happen. Plan B is Saints v 9ers. Which is an alright plan B to have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Was hoping to head to an ND game and a Bears game on a single weekend, but not sure that'll happen. Plan B is Saints v 9ers. Which is an alright plan B to have.

2 options:

September 28th/29th: Virginia @ ND and Vikings @ Bears
    November 23rd/24th: BC@ND and Giants @ Bears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

adrian522 wrote: »

2 options:

September 28th/29th: Virginia @ ND and Vikings @ Bears
    November 23rd/24th: BC@ND and Giants @ Bears
    Yeah I was really hoping they'd schedule a Packers game the same weekend as the USC game. Nobody in either office gave a single thought to my vague, pie in the sky plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm going to the Seahawks-Vikings game in December also; my first nfl game and first time in Seattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

I'm going to the Seahawks-Vikings game in December also; my first nfl game and first time in Seattle.

I have been a few times before. If you want any tips or advice just let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

If anyone is selling 2-3 tickets for the Raiders and Bears game can they shoot me a message? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

akenno wrote: »
    I have been a few times before. If you want any tips or advice just let me know

Cool, thanks. Will probably ask something in the Seahawks thread closer to the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Jags fan here, but heading over to Wisconsin in December with a couple of Packers fans to the Redskins - Packers game. was at Colts - Jags last December in Jacksonville. Expecting a serious weather difference between the 2 :eek:. Really looking forward to seeing Lambeau though.

Not getting over there til close to the end of college season so doubt we'll be getting to a Badgers game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Heading over to the Seahawks @ Rams game in LA in December. Would it be better to buy tickets on StubHub or TicketMaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Going to be in Washington on the 6th October, so will try to get to the Patriots game.

Am pretty sure I'll be in Ny for the Giants/Skins game on the 29th as well, but not so sure about tickets to that one!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

OU812 wrote: »
    Heading over to the Seahawks @ Rams game in LA in December. Would it be better to buy tickets on StubHub or TicketMaster?

they have €50 of fees, I was getting a browns/titans ticket and theyre about $30 more expensive on stubhub

they have €50 of fees, I was getting a browns/titans ticket and theyre about $30 more expensive on stubhub

So Ticketmaster is less expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Usually head over to a Jets game around Christmas time but buying a house this year and our NY trip looks off :(
    Going Bengals/Rams in Wembley once I get tickets

Basically the same ticket in the same section (2 rows apart) was $30 cheaper on Ticketmaster - so yes!

Basically the same ticket in the same section (2 rows apart) was $30 cheaper on Ticketmaster - so yes!

thats some serious fees.

thats some serious fees.

yeah tell me about it, was going to stretch to what was a premium seat, but that would mean about $290 for one seat

yeah tell me about it, was going to stretch to what was a premium seat, but that would mean about $290 for one seat

Pfft .. 290 for a ticket. Its a tough ask for anyone. The NFL really exploits fans n the costs, but I suppose whats rare is wonderful and only 8 home games ... still thats a shocking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

as a standard, yes, Ticketmaster will be cheaper.

The advantage I found buying from StubHub when I went to the Jags in Florida last year and Packers in Green Bay this year is that you will find seats that are not available on Ticketmaster (whether because the specific areas are already sold out, or because you're getting tickets in season ticket areas).

For the Green Bay game, we're only paying maybe $10 more per ticket for seats we actually prefer, compared to the similar sections that had tickets available on Ticketmaster. So it really depends what you're looking for.

And I'm there !!! Flights booked. Tickets booked.

Really looking forward to this. First NFL game.

Advertisement