Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix on Apple TV / iOS

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Can anyone recommend a good av cable for the iPhone that's not €40 from the apple store?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

Can anyone recommend a good av cable for the iPhone that's not €40 from the apple store?

Dealextreme

http://s.dealextreme.com/search/Apple+av+cable

Or if you want it delivered quickly...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RCA-Composite-Cable-Apple-iPhone/dp/B003VQX6FQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1326532003&sr=8-8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

wibbleman wrote: »
    I am still getting the "netflix unavailable" on my ATV2 (4.3 JB)

However it works fine on my IPAD2 and PC. Better yet if you use a VPN to make your connection look like you are in the U.S and login to netflix with your account you get access to the U.S netflix stuff. Loads more movies and a very large collection of TV, much better than the Ireland/UK offering.

If you have an Irish Netflix account but you use a VPN to make it look like you're in America, can you log in and stream the US stuff or do you need an American Netflix account? If so, how do you go about getting one of them?

If you can access it with your Irish account, how easy is to set up to use on a recently bought ATV? Do I need to jailbreak it or will using my US Itunes account and the VPN allow me in (presuming the answer to my first question is a yes)?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wibbleman

You just logon to netflix with your Irish Netflix account. Use a VPN to make you look like you are in the U.S and then you get all the U.S Netflix content (a hell of a lot more stuff than the Irish/UK version).

I am still having problems accessing netflix from my ATV2, think I might upgrade to 4.4 as there is an un-tethered jailbreak available for this now. I need the JB because I use XBMC on the ATV2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

You just logon to netflix with your Irish Netflix account. Use a VPN to make you look like you are in the U.S and then you get all the U.S Netflix content (a hell of a lot more stuff than the Irish/UK version).

Is it that simple? Do I not need special routers as well as the vpn or something?
    I am still having problems accessing netflix from my ATV2, think I might upgrade to 4.4 as there is an un-tethered jailbreak available for this now. I need the JB because I use XBMC on the ATV2.

Can you explain all that to a novice like me? I only bought my ATV2 recently so I presume it's running the latest software but what's all that stuff about XBMC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Is there a way on netflix to see recently added content? Any sort of a notificaton?

The ability to see recently added stuff plus possibly having a "to watch" list would be great.

Is it that simple? Do I not need special routers as well as the vpn or something?

Can you explain all that to a novice like me? I only bought my ATV2 recently so I presume it's running the latest software but what's all that stuff about XBMC?

Normally to point an ATV to the U.S (from outside the U.S) you need to use a VPN, which you cannot setup in the ATV directly (you would need a router change). However overplay.net has a product call "DynamicDNS", a simple change of the DNS address on the ATV itself allows access to the U.S netflix content (and BBC Iplayer - UK).

I fixed my own problem. Updated the ATV to the latest firmware, then jailbroke it again. Netflix works great.. When combined with overplay.net "DynamicDNS" is just great..

Advertisement